You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

profa

Ranged characters cannot search chest if enemy is near

Post by profa »

FT Account name: profa_m
Time of bug: not important
Where: wherever there is a chest with item when enemy is near
What: ranged characters cannot search the chest when they get to them, but have to fight enemies, even if the distance is a few squares. I did not check if non-ranged characters have to fight enemies first if they are immediately by them
Why: for ranged characters this is a huge drawback, especially in the dungeons that are very dangerous - if I am beside the chest and the enemy is a few steps away I should be able to open the chest
Other comments: none
MadMikael

Re: Ranged characters cannot search chest if enemy is near

Post by MadMikael »

This is present for melee as well. Another effect is you cannot fight if standing next to stairs. You will climb the stairs.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
toad

Post by toad »

remove ur bow or ur wand for can:-) it's simply
banned permanently in forum. available in FB, in lot social network and maybe, in game
profa

Post by profa »

toad wrote:remove ur bow or ur wand for can:-) it's simply
I think I tried that... but since I was near death I probably missed clicking the right button. It is logical, but still it should world this only if the enemy is directly by my side. The fact that I have a bow does not mean that I want to fight the character that is a few steps away from me at all costs - if he is immediately by me than I don't have a choice, but if he is far away than I do.

Regarding stairs, I really hate when I stand near the stairs, decide to fight, but I actually go out of the dungeon when I click on the attack button. :-)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Yeah, the downside of an "action" button.... no matter how you set it up, there are going to be situations where it does the opposite of what you want :P
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

if I remember correctly, the reason it was made this way was that people kept cutting trees instead of attacking whilst in PvP or pvm.
also, ppl couldn't get through doors because of trees...so this was done as a fix but has drawbacks of its own. anyhow, I know which id pick.

although, makes getting the book in warlock castle a nightmare.
but of course, if u remember u can unequip
Elia

Post by Elia »

DavidIcke wrote:if I remember correctly, the reason it was made this way was that people kept cutting trees instead of attacking whilst in PvP or pvm.
also, ppl couldn't get through doors because of trees...so this was done as a fix but has drawbacks of its own. anyhow, I know which id pick.

although, makes getting the book in warlock castle a nightmare.
but of course, if u remember u can unequip
Mr archer still fights even if unequip. Died many times due to this, When my archer was young. :)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

archer will still attack like melee if right next to enemy... used to still have range with no bow equipped, but that was fixed a while back... no more throwing arrows :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏