SOS!!!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Varg

SOS!!!

Post by Varg »

There is a hot matter about archers and melee players...and no results yet!!!

Well i hope all mods will read this post cause they have to do it.

I am really angry! :x Really angry to watch players telling me that they abandon their melee characters for....starting archers!! and why is that?? because PvP is not FAIR! plz mods do something...what do you all really want?? an archer world?? a game full of archers ?? i train my char and i watch clans full of archers and mages...you find this cool? don't think so...i won't abandon my character whatever happens..i ll stand against this madness of archers...YOU ALL MODERATORS DO SOMETHING PLEASE! MAKE THIS GAME FAIR!!

P.S. (for [edited: keep language clean]-lower level archers) : During my training, you don't have to wait till my hp bar gets red ...cause even if it's very few red i still have thousands of hp believe me so please don't waste your time waiting to kill me and have a drop of me cause you can't kill me..no one archer has ever killed Varg and of course no one will...don't waste your precious time watching me and waiting me to get my hp bar red...keep your arrows...and put them somewhere else. . . .not on my character ;) ;)
blitzcraig

Re: SOS!!!

Post by blitzcraig »

hi varg, saw your message on fb ... I totally understand what you're saying, and I agree - pvp is not fair yet. It is getting better, but melee classes still need a way to engage, then we'll be very close IMO. very few people have written as much as I about class balance, so trust me, I'm on your side here ;) ... I think there are two main reasons we haven't seen more changes to this recently:

1> the creator has been REALLY busy on other changes (he does a really good job balancing types of improvements)

2> he wants to make sure the changes made are the best possible/right ones... it'd be easy to change something and find out you made something else worse (i was shown why some of the ideas I proposed were not as good as I'd thought ; ) ... if you have specific ideas, please share! rest assured though, this is not being ignored :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Varg

Post by Varg »

i trust all mods and u blitzcraig...there has been set lots of ideas in older posts, like throwing weapons for melee players or more effective skills like instant stan or something...or higher walking speed to melee.....but still waiting....i really appreciate the work you ALL moderators do and i respect you....we all appreciate it im sure about that...being mod isnt easy at all..but this matter has to do exclusively with you moderators...im patient and waiting...waiting to see a better game as soon as possible...YOU will make it better...i feel terrible hearing ppl abandon their melee chars to create archers just because the PvP is not fair...i prefer to say it's not balanced....we all want a balanced game right?? i have your word blitzcraig...keep up the great work you all mods do...we all expect the results!

P.S. these posts is not my imagination...its the VOICE of almost all melee players in the server...and their daily problems with archers actually....
Varg

Post by Varg »

Elia wrote:
blitzcraig wrote:this idea has been brought up a bit, but never I've never really seen it developed at all, so here goes...VERY easy to implement, and would solve the "much lower level running circles around melee player" issue: three new game items - BOULDER (club type for ogre), DWARVEN THROWER (axe for dwarf), THROWING KNIFE (sword for swordsman) ... all three have damage =1, range =6, level =10. ... you wouldn't use it often (because no damage/ attribute bonus) but when that level 20 mage/archer started bugging you, you wouldn't have to actually touch him to score a couple hits and kill him with your much higher str/dex. ... admittedly, this does very little for same level pvp, but would help there a bit... best part is it is super easy to add to game :) ... what do you all think?
SIR, Where is my THROWING KNIFE? :) i HAVE BEEN ATTACKED FOR MILLENNIA BY LOW LEVEL DIRTY MAGES! I RUN LIKE A COWARD HERE, THERE, AND EVERYWHERE TO AVOID THEIR SPELLS! COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, i HAVE DIVORCED MY KNIGHT! :(

fresh....
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

The throwing items for melee does not address the problem of pvp vs same level chars (or higher for that matter). If they are so weak, they only offer protection against much lower levelled players. Although it is a small improvement, it is not a complete solution to class balancing.

Really, it is very difficult to melee an opponent, even at full zoom in. I can get so I am 1 space in between us, but getting adjacent seems impossible at times. Usually their menu keeps popping up (pm, trade, pvp etc), or I move one space away on the other side. And if I do get adjacent, I am lucky to land a blow before they move again.

Ultimately, the solution needs to be some sort of auto targeting system. Mages and archers have this, so why can't melee? Its only fair!
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Arachnia

Post by Arachnia »

I fully support MadMikael's suggestion of an auto-target for melee chars. You should just click on the target and then on the hit button. This could be implemented in PvP and in PvM, too.
Retired Game Admin (GM)
For contact with staff, please send a PM to GM Inbox

Useful Links:
- Forum Rules | Game Rules
- Game Help | Monster list | Item list
Varg

Post by Varg »

i totally agree with Madmikael too...auto-targeting which actually means "auto-chasing" for the chicken archers/mages that hit and run as real cowards they are is a great solution! If you have a speed-potion with ya,that becomes reaaaaally cool! :D Well , and a throwing weapon wouldn't be bad,for lower lvl annoying maggots that wait till melee's hp bar gets red and then attack...Oooh what a girly and desperate attitude of some archers /mages(not all of course) hahahahahahahaha...they want melee drops....hahahaha you pathetic creatures do something better than that...
d0nQuix0te

Re: PVP

Post by d0nQuix0te »

I am not a high level player and since PVP is a clan right and can be co-ordinated, i see not what the problem is. im a level 75 archer and i dont think anyone can just slaughter anyone. join a clan and u will have support for your melee character. if you are just hiding out grinding, with gear on, even i will try to kill you. if you are over 100 level either clan up to have support or man up and do your thing. the more tweaks added to the game to make all the complainers happy will at some point ruin the game. i dislike how its almost impossible to kill higher levels so i try to do what works. not complaining, but asking other active players to help, investing in gear or double teaming high levels. u will die, that is how FT has always been.
joeylamcy

Post by joeylamcy »

I just came up with 3 ideas:
  1. make the accuracy of archers attack drop in longer ranges, probably using a log/exponential scale (with this, the archer weapon range may be ignored)(accuracy can't be improved by leveling up) So archers need to throw dice on dex, and also pass the accuracy test, in order to hit other players. Not sure if this is only in pvp or also against monsters.
  2. melee characters can keep attacking while running. (It makes sense in real-life)
  3. increase the range of melee weapons to 3 at higher level weapons. This ensures that after a run, u at least get 1 hit.
Joey
p.s. I can help develop the scale in the first idea if u need ;)
  • joeylamcy(archer,130)
  • j0eylamcy(mage,110+)
  • meatshield(ogre,75)
  • j0ey1amcy(dwarf,50+)
  • Chris_Wong(swordsman,10+,backup&storage)