Save Files Gone - Offline Game

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

rivver

Save Files Gone - Offline Game

Post by rivver »

I was in the middle of gameplay when my phone rang. I answered, hung up, and returned to the game. As usual when switching between other tasks and the game, there was a momentary black screen, then the game menu appeared... only my saved slots were gone -- the only option was the "New Game" button. I checked the Settings (sound, music, etc.) and they had also been restored to the default.

It's like, during my 30 second call, someone wiped all my saved data, even though the game didn't even quit. I then tried restarting my phone; hooked it up to my PC and searched the centralbytes folder, nothing. My poor (party of 5 level 6-ers) is gone :cry:

I'm running Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread.
rivver

Re: Save Files Gone - Offline Game

Post by rivver »

FYI it did it again.
This time no phone call -- I was playing the game, walking along the path from Kedington to the pirates when the game froze. It does this every now and then, and normally I it either gives me a "sorry forced to close" message after a bit or I restart the phone and everything is fine. This time, I pressed my menu button to switch out from the game, and immediately after my phone did a quick/soft restart completely by itself, and when I went back to the game -- the save files and settings were completely GONE as before.

This time 3 of the characters were level 5, the other 2 level four. So basically the game self destructs every time I finally get to a nice level. I give up. So frustrating. Pity, would be a great game if you get the multiple bugs worked out.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

strange... my guess is that it is an issue with your phone, because I've never heard anybody else having this issue... do you have another device you could try it on to see? (pc with bluestacks, tablet, another phone etc...)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

rivver wrote:FYI it did it again.
This time no phone call -- I was playing the game, walking along the path from Kedington to the pirates when the game froze. It does this every now and then, and normally I it either gives me a "sorry forced to close" message after a bit or I restart the phone and everything is fine. This time, I pressed my menu button to switch out from the game, and immediately after my phone did a quick/soft restart completely by itself, and when I went back to the game -- the save files and settings were completely GONE as before.

This time 3 of the characters were level 5, the other 2 level four. So basically the game self destructs every time I finally get to a nice level. I give up. So frustrating. Pity, would be a great game if you get the multiple bugs worked out.
hi rivver,
i already wrote you a PM, pls check your inbox. i can help i think.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
rivver

Post by rivver »

Thanks for replying guys! (and I answered you Gandalf). So the consensus is it's my phone... I take back my "the game is buggy" comment.

Impressive level of support.