Traveling Merchant Idea

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

davidjett

Traveling Merchant Idea

Post by davidjett »

Tired of having to leave your favorite spawn point only because your inventory slots have filled? Tired of the cumbersome time it takes to unload your spoils on the merchants of Forgotten Tales? Have no fear! With the addition of the new Traveling Merchant, you have the benefit of having a 24/7 pipeline to some of Forgotten Tales most reputable vendors so that you can buy and sale without having to spend your precious time trekking through monster filled lands!

So here is the idea.. Once a certain level is reached within Forgotten Tales, your call (level 50 maybe), you have the option to purchase a game add-on for XXXXX Gold (10,000,000 gold maybe). The game add-on would give the player the ability to access a merchant from ANYWHERE within the game via a new icon as shown in the example image below.

EXAMPLE SCREEN SHOT - Notice the Shopping Cart Icon

Now, with all good things there are drawbacks to using the merchant.

1. Only the items from previously "visited" merchants appear in your traveling merchant store. You haven't visited the merchant in the 200 gold city then their wares are not displayed.
2. All items you sell to the merchant are sold back at a 50% deduction in price as a penalty to using the merchant.
3. All items sold via the traveling merchant demand a 50% increase in price due to the ease of purchasing potions, etc.. (shipping of items in FT is a bear!) ;)

As always... Your humble FT player.
David

Forgotten Tales ID - davidjett1

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." C.S. Lewis
toad

Re: Traveling Merchant Idea

Post by toad »

i like the idea! ;)
banned permanently in forum. available in FB, in lot social network and maybe, in game
dragkardragcar

Post by dragkardragcar »

Great idea.
Tauron

Post by Tauron »

Ver good idea
I have been chosen to greatness by the Dark Gods themselves.
ayZuse

Post by ayZuse »

I like the idea would be nice but just think about if someone is taking down towers. And can sit there dump on the tower use store. And in seconds be attacking it again. Same in PvP.
Isoril-Mage-5620
Knighty-Mage-2400~~~~PERM MUTE
OhhGrr-Oger-1001
GodsHitMan-Archer- 257

Facebook--------- Zuse FT

The only manor of beast im afraid of hasn't been born yet. And it's mama is already dead.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Yeah, it's a cool idea.. I agree though, pots should not be available
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
davidjett

Post by davidjett »

I agree with the pots idea. I'm thinking the most benefit from the traveling merchant would be the ability to dump looted goods in a quick time-frame. The trade off for that ease would be the modifiers in the price points for selling back to the store.
Once you get above a certain gold threshold, everything else is just fluff. ;)
David

Forgotten Tales ID - davidjett1

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." C.S. Lewis
naomi

Post by naomi »

this would be a great help for me to sell staff at blue sword tower since i only shop when leveled coz of far shop :D :lol:

-good idea david ;)
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...
Tauron

Post by Tauron »

ayZuse wrote:I like the idea would be nice but just think about if someone is taking down towers. And can sit there dump on the tower use store. And in seconds be attacking it again. Same in PvP.
Usable only in pvm and not pvp or tower killer.That should solve that problem :lol:
I have been chosen to greatness by the Dark Gods themselves.