Things I hate about Forgotten Tales

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

AenAllAin

Things I hate about Forgotten Tales

Post by AenAllAin »

First of all, unlike the title suggests, I would prefer if this did may turn into a hate rant about the game. I think there is a lot of potential in this game; it just needs the right tweaks and adjustments. I want people to post the top 1 or 2 things that they feel are ruining the game for them, so they can be recognized and fixed. Hopefully everyone will stay calm and voice their dislikes rationally. Here goes...

1. Early grinding; I think there isn't enough quest support yet for starting a new character. You immediately get thrown into a harsh grind for low levels and it doesn't get better until you reach about the 20's.

2. Forced PvP; if I wanted to PvP, I would; ...being put in situations where I have to choose between dealing with other players or quiting the game is very frustrating. I don't mind if the best equipment and items are reserved for those who choose to compete, but I want to have the choice. Honestly I think it kills the whole clan system.

3. Waiting for Mana to regen; ... It kinda sucks standing around doing nothing waiting for mana. Also, those first two mana pots (2 and 4 ...lol) are totally worthless given the bag space limitation. If its going to take up my precious bag space it had better be worth it.

4. Chasing down enemies; on melee it isn't so bad against other melee, but against ranged ...running down your target and trying to get them inside that little hit box and attacking, OMG!

5. Nothing to do; there is grinding and there is PvP ...what else is there to do? Moar, crafting please! And other things.

6. Bad behavior; I think the game as it is promotes bad behavior and rewards people for being big ol' meanie faces. (A) I kill a group of enemies down to a little red, run out of mana, and while i'm waiting for my next mana increment, someone runs in kills them all and takes the loot ...Lame! (B) I'm standing around minding my own business and some noob comes running by with a huge mob of aggro and dumps it on me ...that's exactly what I wanted! I was standing here waiting to deal with all your noob BS! ...there are plenty of other scenarios, but the point is the mechanics of the game favor bad behavior.

Edited by blitzcraig - please mind language, thank you :)
RyoHazuki

Re: Things I hate about Forgotten Tales

Post by RyoHazuki »

dont forget to mention item drops in pvp (wether you wanted pvp or not)(wether it was one player attacking you or more)(wether ure melee or an archer or a mage)
item drops should be for outlaws (imho) and outlaws should not be allowed to remove gear,
also, 20percent chance of a random item drop from bag.(but favouring more expensive items) when outlawed would be ideal.

now THAT is what i call a deterrent

However....there is a BIG update on the way, with major pvp changes and much much more so i hear.

we will see. Hopefully, the update will make me and many others happy. (and wont bring too many vengeful melee players wishing to seek revenge on all archers and mages for the actions of the minority.
blitzcraig

Re: Things I hate about Forgotten Tales

Post by blitzcraig »

I hope you're right about PvP changes in this update, but I had not heard that... i know a lot of the changes coming, but certainly not all, sooo.... fingers crossed ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏