Another Mage mana bug

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Re: Another Mage mana bug

Post by MadMikael »

0rion79 wrote:Me neither! As told, the RPG game is already very difficult and nearly impossible. Underpowering the mage would mean to give the final blow to the game and make it unplayable
No... it would make it like an old-school game from the 80s. :D
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

No... it would make it like an old-school game from the 80s. :D[/quote]
If you mean the extremely repetitive and difficult ones where you had to kill tons of monsters to level up, yes. And this would NOT be funny at all.
Recently, I have tried to play some old game for Commodore 64 like green beret / rush & attack, and they were just impossible, made by insane minds aiming to a cheap and virgin market with low-cost productions.
Insider

Post by Insider »

0rion79 wrote:
No... it would make it like an old-school game from the 80s. :D
If you mean the extremely repetitive and difficult ones where you had to kill tons of monsters to level up, yes. And this would NOT be funny at all.
Recently, I have tried to play some old game for Commodore 64 like green beret / rush & attack, and they were just impossible, made by insane minds aiming to a cheap and virgin market with low-cost productions.
Lol :)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

My problem with it would be that the only thing really changing is the grind time would literally be multiplied by more than ten...everything else would stay the same...no benefit IMO
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Heh heh heh I was joking... I wouldn't like to see it happen either.

I remember Rush 'n' Attack.. that was a fun one, kept you on your toes. Actually, they weren't insane or dumb; keep in mind that game was designed for coin-op play, so, it was meant to suck quarters from you.

I have several "compilation" games of my favorite old arcade games, but they don't play as well anymore because now you don't need quarters... most of them you have unlimited credits, and can beat if you have the patience. Just not as fun without the thrill of only having a few quarters to spend.

I miss arcades. Geez I'm old :lol:
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Lol, I'm with you man! But there is a difference: I've spent tons of coins playing arcades like Street Fighter because it was funny, challenging but also possible to beat. Then there were some very old games that were simply impossible to beat unles your name was DATA from Star Trek, with over-human reflexes. :)
I have mentioned Rush & Attack right because its levels for C64 were impossible: very few lifes and soldiers shooting at you from any direction right before you could stab them with your poor knife. Recently I have played it again on emulator and I can really tell it was impossible.

Coming back to FT, the RPG reminds me a lot games like Phantasy Star III from Sega Genesis or other kind of old RPGs where you just had to move around to kill monsters, just to make experience to level up and money. But they were not as difficult or repetitive as FT, or at least as I'm discovering it while I play it.
It is a mobile game, used to kill the time while doing other things (as waiting for girls to answer you while using Tinder when you go to work or come back home on bus or underground :P).
I wouldn't accept anymore such kind of gameplay on a modern console or PC, but it must be thought to match the hardware platform on which the game is running.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Hey, don't leave me out of the old man party ;) ... anyway, remember too that FT is still a game under heavy development... when I first started playing (and I was not amongst the first, there already several updates at that point) there was almost nothing to do (handful of quests only, best gear was level 14ish) but I was intrigued by the style, and later by the mmorpg community... now there are many more quests, with more still being developed. Grinding will always be a part of this genre of gaming, but the game is still growing rather quickly also ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
rapmd73

Post by rapmd73 »

compbatant wrote:The singe player version have a little different mechanics but the spells descriptions are copied from MMORPG version. Maybe I will unify the mechanics between both games in the future.
Perhaps this would be a good time to discuss folding the offline version into the online one thus providing one game with both experiences.
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

rapmd73 wrote:Perhaps this would be a good time to discuss folding the offline version into the online one thus providing one game with both experiences.
Do you really think that would be a good idea? Maybe the two games could share some data like maps, items and monsters, but for other matters those games should really be different like for spells and game balancement.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »