End of an Era

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Baba Yaga

End of an Era

Post by Baba Yaga »

Well...for me anyway...

Tonight, after much deliberation, I decide to leave AHOU. Being a part of that clan for over a year has truly been a great experience and one that I'm not sure I will ever experience again. Over the past year, this clan turned me into a FT junky and though it's only a game, taught me a lot about friendship, trust, and how to work together with other people who are vastly different from myself.

All good things must end (or change), no? I think I'm ready for a change, and a new direction. This is no reflection on the current make up of AHOU, I just need something else right now. I cannot thank the current members and all of those that came before for allowing me to serve AHOU (mostly as Lord) for as long as I did...

Secular...for inviting me and supporting my bid for Lordship early on..and for teaching me what clan life was all about.

US Army/Dark-Mage...for believing in me and for training me.

Grindix...For being the ultimate rock of trust, strength and cunning that helped us through our darkest times.

Kroms/Nirvana...For being the fighter I never was, but still hope to be. You were my Man-at-Arms, my General, and to this day there is no one I'd rather stare down a group of lvl 1000+ players in battle side-by-side, than you...

Joe...for your unwavering loyalty, and hard work that so often was taken for granted. I truly thank you. I promise that all of your contributions were noticed.

Dubledore...for helping pick up the pieces after we went through our first major transition...your enthusiasm and never ending hopefulness kept me in AHOU much longer than I ever imagined...

Last but never least...Smokey...for creating AHOU and starting something truly great in the world of FT. You too gave me a chance, trusted me, and showed me so much if what a clan could and should be. I July hope in your absence, I was able to represent AHOU in a way that meets your expectations...thank you always...

I'm sure in forgetting some other amazing members and the replies to this post will remind me no doubt. I will still be on FT...just in a slightly different way.

A true mark of a leader is leaving something better than you found it. I don't know if I've done that, but I am certainly the better for the experience...
BY

Baba Yaga (The Original)
Cleopatra

Re: End of an Era

Post by Cleopatra »

Baba Yaga, I hope you find what you're looking for.....lol and who knows maybe you'll find something nice you didn't expect. Not technically a promotion or a demotion just on to greener pastures ^_^
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
Secular

Post by Secular »

(not sure if you're stepping down from your clan, or the game, but regardless...)

You've always been a faithful friend and an admirable person, I'm glad AHOU fell into your hands, leadership is a quality you've possessed since you first joined (and I'm sure long before!) Coming off slightly cliché here, but it's honesty nonetheless - you're a good player, person, and, not to forget, father. I hope whatever endeavors you may face are but a pebble in light of the mountain we call life. Hoping this isn't a farewell, Baba, but if it is, I hope we can remain in contact through email or some other form of communication.

Take care, friend. :)
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
Dr DOOM

Post by Dr DOOM »

Sweet. So I find you where?
Trilix

Post by Trilix »

Dear Baba,
It is with great sadness I see you departing AHOU. You been my greatest asset in keeping AHOU alive this past year, not to mention a great friend, confidant, trusted leader, and most important (since may when I took over LINK), the real Duke of AHOU. The clan AHOU was created by a great bunch of loyal and dedicated players as you mentioned (I was the 3rd one invited to join, back in the days, so now I'm the last original founder left) and throughout the times I saw everyone leave for one reason or another. Now it is your time to go and I wish you the best whatever you decide next. For as long as I'm playing, I'll keep AHOU alive and you will always be welcome back. I know for now you will be playing 'solo' but AHOU and myself will always be there for you. Thank you again for all your support and count on me for anything you need at any time.
AAAAAHHHHHOOOOOUUUUU !!!!!
Trilix - archer - (the first one)
Grindix - mage - (the good one)
magix - mage - (the bad one)
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Baba, iv never been in AHOU but u always personified it for me. uv been our AHOU contact since grindix is mostly not playing grindix (lol keeping the worst kept secret).I hope the next AHOU sub duke is as good, btw who represends ahou now towards other clans?
Glad u still.playing and looking forwRd to working with the independent Baba.
Elia

Post by Elia »

Baba Yaga wrote:Well...for me anyway...

Tonight, after much deliberation, I decide to leave AHOU. Being a part of that clan for over a year has truly been a great experience and one that I'm not sure I will ever experience again. Over the past year, this clan turned me into a FT junky and though it's only a game, taught me a lot about friendship, trust, and how to work together with other people who are vastly different from myself.

All good things must end (or change), no? I think I'm ready for a change, and a new direction. This is no reflection on the current make up of AHOU, I just need something else right now. I cannot thank the current members and all of those that came before for allowing me to serve AHOU (mostly as Lord) for as long as I did...

Secular...for inviting me and supporting my bid for Lordship early on..and for teaching me what clan life was all about.

US Army/Dark-Mage...for believing in me and for training me.

Grindix...For being the ultimate rock of trust, strength and cunning that helped us through our darkest times.

Kroms/Nirvana...For being the fighter I never was, but still hope to be. You were my Man-at-Arms, my General, and to this day there is no one I'd rather stare down a group of lvl 1000+ players in battle side-by-side, than you...

Joe...for your unwavering loyalty, and hard work that so often was taken for granted. I truly thank you. I promise that all of your contributions were noticed.

Dubledore...for helping pick up the pieces after we went through our first major transition...your enthusiasm and never ending hopefulness kept me in AHOU much longer than I ever imagined...

Last but never least...Smokey...for creating AHOU and starting something truly great in the world of FT. You too gave me a chance, trusted me, and showed me so much if what a clan could and should be. I July hope in your absence, I was able to represent AHOU in a way that meets your expectations...thank you always...

I'm sure in forgetting some other amazing members and the replies to this post will remind me no doubt. I will still be on FT...just in a slightly different way.

A true mark of a leader is leaving something better than you found it. I don't know if I've done that, but I am certainly the better for the experience...
Baba, I really liked the way you expressed your feelings! That's, indeed, very impressive!