Stat varying items

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

StickyKse

Stat varying items

Post by StickyKse »

I really want to see stat varying items implemented into this game. Such as if an item would have 40 mana/ 40 armor. Withen the stat variance it should randomly drop with stats between 20-40 mana/ 20-40 armor and so on.

This will create more diversity upon heavily traded items and improve trade system since you will constantly be trying to improve gear or get perfect stat items. Instead of simply hitting level cap for gear and being done.

If mods or creater would like help or would like me to design the item generator for this I would be more than happy.

Past scripting and developing as well as running private servers and other 3rd party items on diablo 1, diablo 2, d2O, rising sun, ladder slasher, and custom mods for various other games.
dragkardragcar

Re: Stat varying items

Post by dragkardragcar »

Pm him combatant or pm gandalf.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

nice idea, great offer
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

It is impossible to do without rewriting the whole engine and with keeping compatibility with older client version. All items are identified by single number ID. All network packets use these IDs, all storage on server use these. All code use this. Adding any differences between the same items is impossible to do.
StickyKse

Post by StickyKse »

compbatant wrote:It is impossible to do without rewriting the whole engine and with keeping compatibility with older client version. All items are identified by single number ID. All network packets use these IDs, all storage on server use these. All code use this. Adding any differences between the same items is impossible to do.
Well I wouldn't say impossible, but it would be more difficult than I originally assumed. I expected game engine running through server would have multiple engines entries between main game/server core and I expected to just be able to rewrite the item drop generator. Was it done this way to make to make data usage smaller? Or save server space?
naomi

Post by naomi »

good idea, i want to see lvl.100 bow that varies their dex :D
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...