PvP ideas for mage

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Insider

PvP ideas for mage

Post by Insider »

Mages are overpowered, dino
But archer have chance to kill them, if he all-to-str stats.
So, for archer 2 ways to make pvp stats: vsmage and vsarcher

So, if we make dex needed for mage in pvp(when magevsmage), we can make mages less power. If ones mage dex 10%(not 6,or pvp really crush) more than second, 2nd mage has 40% for spells to fail.

So, mages will also choose- vsmage or vsarcher stats, and lose some mana(so normal power vsarcher).

Also, i think need add 10% dex rule for another classes too, or it crush high lvl pvp, one guy has 6 more dex and he becomes boss.

Im not the only person who is interested in balacing pvp, hope Gandalf or compbatant will comment...
StickyKse

Re: PvP ideas for mage

Post by StickyKse »

Well there's a difference in balancing PVP and doing what everyone's ideas lately all point at. All these ideas to nerf mages all point to make the archers the most overpowerd class.
dragkardragcar

Post by dragkardragcar »

Call me wierd but i think 3ach character should be the counter of the following character like mage counter swordman swordman counter dwarf dwarf counter ogre ogre counter ararcher archer counter mage or of the sort...to do this abilitys should be aimed to specific goals like freeze arrow take no effect on ogre and some extra effect on mage and so on...

Other then that skilles should be added like steal- for dwarf chance of stealing item or becoming outlaw for short time. + get some xp for each attempt like mage healing xp gain or swordman bleed ablow that crippels enemys for speed and dmg with extra dmg for dwarfs or maybe use skill for much faster healing for short period of time

But mlst of all id like to see clan based abilities like haste spell for mage and allys or warcry for swordman or crafting for dwarfs or combined dmg ogre use oil on enemy then archer use flame arrow for extra dmg get some spice into tactics
Insider

Post by Insider »

@StickyKse ,i no want to make archer beast. I want to move mage from 1st place, but not to place it on 2nd... I want all classes to be balanced in PvP. You are not high lvl. So, please, leave ur opinion with urself till you become lvl 800 or higher. Then ill ask you, I promise...

@dragkar ,yeah lol. But we need to fix PvP issue. I havent 5 devices to rule FT, and im not alone who do not ;)
dragkardragcar

Post by dragkardragcar »

This is balance... nobody rule.... only clans...
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

To be honest insiders. Going over this in my head. All i can really see it as is a nerf to everyone If your going to apply this 10% thing to all. Except high dex builds. Because then it wont matter.

Spell failure based on whoever your fighting is easier said than done by the sounds of things. I suppose its a good idea in theory maybe.

I havent really done any math on this ill admit that. But it seems like itl probably hurt low level mages, higher ones... debateable.

But if its going in for all classes. It seems like all thatl really be promoted here is massive dex builds.

Thats my take on it anyway.

EDIT: Internalising it a bit more. As in... just now. Correct me if ive got this wrong but this is as i understand it.

for arguements sake you decide at 1500 to pump up to 2k dex and put 1k on str.

10% of 2k is 200 so the mage will need 1800 dex at lvl 1500 to avoid this 40% spellfailure? If thats the case why would the mage even bother?

Why not just take the 40% spell failure and just take 40% longer to kill with his stats as usual instead of trying to match a dex score of 1800 or 2k. Leaving himself with 500 mana and 500 Arm? Or however hed mix his stats if he chose to go that way.

Itd still be in the mages best interest to take the 40% failure. Retain his hitting power and retain his hp score.

Sticky has a right to reply because if hes playing a low level mage its going to pretty much kill pvp for him.

Not to mention all the ogres swords and dwarfs builds will be killed even worse because theyl all have to keep an incredibly high dex score just to force spell failure onto whatever mage attacks them. Making them worse.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

yeah, we (read I) often talk about overpowered mages, but at low lvls(under 150) they actually underpowered. If anything is done to reduce their power at high lvls , they need to be compensated at the lower lv.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I maintain that lowering the multiplier on damage and heal spells from 2.5 to 2.0 (or even 1.5) but adding mana from gear into the equation is the answer... good for low levels, about the same for mid - levels, and it nerfs the ultra high levels...
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

Going off-topic a little here (maybe this should be moved), but I wonder what level ranges people consider to be 'low', 'medium' 'high' and 'ultra-high'? We have more players than ever 1000+ and so I think the trend has shifted upwards.

Back to the topic in hand...please NO haste spell for mages!

But - the idea that weapons could be customised through crafting is an interesting one.
dinoponte2

Post by dinoponte2 »

LOL cammon insiders i used ur archer lvl1500 and i killed hammer lvl1200 mage and dr doom lvl1900 archer 2 vs 1 , if u think this a lie go talk to hims :D , has i already told just tatics makes carathers strongs
dinoponte1000 lvl1065 mage(BK)
dinoponte100 lvl114 mage(lilB)
Kheiron lvl380 archer(BK)
dinoman lvl102 dwarf(BK)
yeti lvl130 ogre(BK)
yetii ogre
dinoponte3 swordsman
dinoponte archer
Quem100000 mage

Languages spoken:
Potugues,English