PvP ideas for mage

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

dragkardragcar

Re: PvP ideas for mage

Post by dragkardragcar »

Haste spellis not for mages only for melle and ranged clan members
Insider

Post by Insider »

Isoril, I didnt tell mage need dex vs archer. Only vsmage. I thought the same before posting and edited...
Dino, I think hammer didnt use heal and arm,lvl 900 can kill my archer...
Fairy

Post by Fairy »

Insiders/Inferno! wrote:Isoril, I didnt tell mage need dex vs archer. Only vsmage. I thought the same before posting and edited...hammer didnt use heal and arm,Dino, I think lvl 900 can kill my archer...
In "Mage Vs Mage", the winner is always the one with higher mana though the environment plays a substantial role here which cannot be ignored; if you have invested more points in your mana bucket, you can easily overcome your opponent (mage); so, your idea which requires a mage to have higher dex than his/her opponent to score a hit, does not feel to be better, except for taxing mage's mana bucket, making for him leveling more difficult than ever. Yes, if mages are allowed to have more state points at each level up than other classes than it might pay somewhat for this nerf!

Remember, there is no special place for PvP, it can happen any where; and mostly the "any where" is not very favorable for a mage to win against an archer!

Besides, lag kills mages more than it kills any other class, be it a PvP or PvM or PvE!
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

It seemed that way insiders. But if you think adding spellfailure for just mage vs mage with the dex thing then whats the point? It just seems like a pretty unneccessary addition. Pretty pointless. Even on mage vs mage. Id still take the 40% spellfailure because it means odds are at even levels their gunna run out first anyway due to a heavy investment in the dex score just to force spell failure.

Itl just be a niggly annoyance at best.
blitzcraig wrote:I maintain that lowering the multiplier on damage and heal spells from 2.5 to 2.0 (or even 1.5) but adding mana from gear into the equation is the answer... good for low levels, about the same for mid - levels, and it nerfs the ultra high levels...
isnt greenflow and yellow flow already 50% in pvp aswell as the heal spell? its hitting as 1.25 and 0.75. At least that was the averaging i got. Gear seems to do not too much anyway apart from boost up your mana pool.

If your going to knock down the damage spells the same heal would need to be reduced equally aswell. If reduced too much it'l be useless in a mage vs mage battle for instance. if the damage spells are reduced too much then itl just be who can run the other one out of mana.

so i suppose if you drop greenflow to 2.0 youd have to drop heal to 2.0 aswell. A self heal option would still be nice aswell because of the use of alts or unclanned who just sit there and troll you. either that or just dont make the heal spell divide itself up amongst people. But thatd make it way too op.
dinoponte2

Post by dinoponte2 »

ADD+ to isoril post is that in battle yes lvl800 mage kill lvl1000 archer ,mage win butt , lvl800 mage vs lvl1000 archer and lvl1 alt mage die too easly , because lvl1 alt blocks heal
dinoponte1000 lvl1065 mage(BK)
dinoponte100 lvl114 mage(lilB)
Kheiron lvl380 archer(BK)
dinoman lvl102 dwarf(BK)
yeti lvl130 ogre(BK)
yetii ogre
dinoponte3 swordsman
dinoponte archer
Quem100000 mage

Languages spoken:
Potugues,English
Insider

Post by Insider »

Iso, the thing is...
When you play archer you have 2 ways to make stats: high dmg and high dex.
So vsmage and vsanothers stats. If mage will need dex in vsmage pvp, they will also have to choose - vsmage or vsanothers stats
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Insiders/Inferno! wrote:Iso, the thing is...
When you play archer you have 2 ways to make stats: high dmg and high dex.
So vsmage and vsanothers stats. If mage will need dex in vsmage pvp, they will also have to choose - vsmage or vsanothers stats
No. No they wouldnt have to choose vs mage or vs other stats. Either everyone decides "lets go with no dex still and be all good against everyone including ourselves" or they come across a dex built mage. Suffer 40% spell failure. Get hit for "lol" damages and just take 40% longer to smash the poor dex built guy into the ground after he runs out of mana. Because he will. Because at lower levels even a pure mana based mage still seems to need pots when pvping.

At higher levels. If i was a 1500 mage and you were a 1500 archer. I still wouldnt care. I would still be able to nail you into the ground. Not need a dex score to match yours so spellfailure didnt happen. Not need extremely poor damage output just to evade spell failure. And take 40% longer to kill you.

Its pretty simply. Spell failure based on dex scores is just going to harm lower levels already struggling for mana and just make higher levels take longer to kill you.

A higher level dex built mage is probably going to suffer against a non dex built mage anyway. The little amount of heals this non dex based mage will get off will shred any damage our dex based mageling friend can inflict.

Doing a dex based mage at 1500 just to force spell failure onto a mage of the same level who has no dex is just going to get the dex based guy killed.
re4ction

Post by re4ction »

Insiders/Inferno! wrote:Mages are overpowered, dino
But archer have chance to kill them, if he all-to-str stats.
So, for archer 2 ways to make pvp stats: vsmage and vsarcher

So, if we make dex needed for mage in pvp(when magevsmage), we can make mages less power. If ones mage dex 10%(not 6,or pvp really crush) more than second, 2nd mage has 40% for spells to fail.

So, mages will also choose- vsmage or vsarcher stats, and lose some mana(so normal power vsarcher).

Also, i think need add 10% dex rule for another classes too, or it crush high lvl pvp, one guy has 6 more dex and he becomes boss.

Im not the only person who is interested in balacing pvp, hope Gandalf or compbatant will comment...
(y)
Maybe 30% chance to fail spell ?
fiora

Post by fiora »

I agree with u insider , I am all str and all people even low player people if they have 82+ dex they all attack me and I think dex not work vs mage it's calculated , if you all str u will be his hp buy if u release str points and put It in dex u will die same speed lol bec. U low hp , and freeze now useless all melee if they freeze ranged , ranged use unfreeze potion and that's bad , third archer skill useless but there is no untislow potion to can run from mage so mage can slow us and kill easy but archer freeze then start chase after unfreeze potion lol
sara--->mage
Fiora--->archer
Fiora2---> sword
Fiora3--->ogre
Fiora4--->dwarf
Fiora5--->mage
•○● i will be glad if u asked my help in anything ^_^●○•
fiora

Post by fiora »

Fairy in mage vs mage not the win for all mana , mage raise armor and be high hp and heal in pvp vs mage so no one kill the other , and the armor mage can't kill mana mage , that's in 3 lvls diffrence in low lvls and middle lvls , idk what about high lvls lol , and I remember when jony was lvl 850 and doom 1500 , jony could kill doom alone so mage is very strong lol
sara--->mage
Fiora--->archer
Fiora2---> sword
Fiora3--->ogre
Fiora4--->dwarf
Fiora5--->mage
•○● i will be glad if u asked my help in anything ^_^●○•