Hunting assignments

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

jimknight92

Hunting assignments

Post by jimknight92 »

Green archer npc (hunter) in map 1.0 near gray dragon spawn talk to him for an assignment of killing 50 or so monsters, assignments can be anywhere in the FT world, any monster and are given based off level, reward is a small xp amount or coins (also level based), perhaps include an option to gamble for randomized item for level 30 and under with a small chance maybe 5% chance to hit level 20-30 item?

Once assigned you can check your progress in the quest log when finished it will say to return to the hunter.

Thought if this idea was possible players who have all quests done have an option for getting a fun task at any given time hope you guys like it ;)
All the old knives that have rusted in my back, I drive into yours.
KROMS

Re: Hunting assignments

Post by KROMS »

I like this a change of pace.
jimknight92

Post by jimknight92 »

Thanks ^_^ I agree you'd be able to do tasks one right after another while exploring the great world of FT a the same time, would spread out players a little bit more throughout maps (instead of the community split into 2 or 3 maps because as ft grows I'm sure that will be more of an issue.) also would give new players a feel for some monsters and the areas they reside. If it's possible have the hunter npc give player a "guidance charm" basically a compass to help find your task if you don't know for example: task is warlocks and you stand at the 100g city, well activate your charm (maybe through backpack or use it like a potion) and it would say to head north-west?

Not sure if the charm could be added but would be cool for new players if so. ;)
Secular

Post by Secular »

Your character level would scale with how many monsters you must kill, along with gold reward or even an exp reward. This is a very neat idea, slayer tasks. ;)
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
jimknight92

Post by jimknight92 »

Thanks secular, but yeah pretty much get slayer tasks and I agree too like lvl 150 get task of 20 red cyclops reward of 300-500k or so xp or gold, than at lv 300 get a task of maybe 100 cyclops with bonus reward of 1-2m xp or gold so as you get strong tasks get even bigger, the cyclops was only example ;)
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Great idea.
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH