Stuck with "return the book" quest

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

0rion79

Stuck with "return the book" quest

Post by 0rion79 »

Hi all, I am continuing an old savegame just to try the game with the blue knight and try the new game balance, but I got stuck because I can't complete the quest where I had to return the book stolen by magic users.
I have it in my bag but the guy won't talk to me anymore, also Ascanius isn't talking to me anymore in the 0;-2 map and I don't remember if I have missed anything.
Do I have to complete the quest regarding the magic barrier in the mages' tower first?
blitzcraig

Re: Stuck with "return the book" quest

Post by blitzcraig »

to return the book, you must talk with the guy by the camp and also the "creepy stranger" blue devil... then choose who you give it to :)

where are you at with Ascanius?
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Oh, have totally missed the blue devil. But actualky what does happen giving the book back to the devil?
With ascanius, have defeated the guys in the library and now I'm in the 5 houses quest, so I think it is normal.
The only weird thing left is that I can't give the fire wand to the guy outside the pyramid. Just won't talk to me.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

for now there is not much difference between giving book to devil or the guy (gold from devil, more xp from guy) but the next part of the great houses storyline will be drastically different depending on which you choose ;)

about the fire wand guy... that's weird, hopefully somebody can help there...
⬜ 💣 🌏
ogonbat

Post by ogonbat »

0rion79 wrote:Hi all, I am continuing an old savegame just to try the game with the blue knight and try the new game balance, but I got stuck because I can't complete the quest where I had to return the book stolen by magic users.
I have it in my bag but the guy won't talk to me anymore, also Ascanius isn't talking to me anymore in the 0;-2 map and I don't remember if I have missed anything.
Do I have to complete the quest regarding the magic barrier in the mages' tower first?
May i ask u what book is needed for this quest?
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

it's the book upstairs in the mage tower (if I remember right, it's blue and called "stolen book")
⬜ 💣 🌏
ogonbat

Post by ogonbat »

blitzcraig wrote:it's the book upstairs in the mage tower (if I remember right, it's blue and called "stolen book")
Thank you
steelheart

Post by steelheart »

I only have one character with this quest a mage. Is this normal? Also is there a reccomened lvl for this quest? My mage is lvl 33. Finally where is mage tower?
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Please don't go off topic
steelheart

Post by steelheart »

off topic yes accidently put thus in offline RPG section is this what you meant? Been trying to get advice about this quest online version for some time.