Balance is a funny word

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Moonraker

Balance is a funny word

Post by Moonraker »

Because its meaning changes depending on who is speaking.

Some think if they lose too much on PvP..... IT MUST BE A BALANCE PROBLEM
Some think if they don't lvl up fast enough... that's a balance problem too
Some think if they don't get drops like someone else ..... balance must be the issue....

well none of these are really balance issues

each class should have it own strength and weakness.. this is what makes the game fun.... devising tactics to exploit or overcome.

This is the real balance issue...
mages have strength and weakness
dwarfs have strength and weakness

the problem is that archers and ogres when compared to mage/dwarfs only have weaknesses.

This is the balance issue.... nerfing mages/dwarfs in not the solution.. giving sword/archers/ogres a strength is...

Ive written this before and I will do so again sword/archers/ogres need some sort of multi target/hit skill OR something else that will distinguish these classes otherwise they aren't worth playing excpt as support accs like building/crafting which is what I have regulated my main archer to....

Rescue these poor classes.. I feel sorry for newbs that select them then find out AFTER SPENDING TIKE DEVELOPING THAT THEY ARE IN EFFECT USELESS...
my 2 cents.
Asmodeous

Re: Balance is a funny word

Post by Asmodeous »

Its also how stats interlink. 1 mana does 2.5 damage roughly. Where as 1 dex only negates 1 mana damage.

Mages can heal up. And arm up to impossible standards.

If its not fighting a mage. Sword mops up every other class. I dont see it so much as a "i cant kill fast enough. I cant get drops like everyone else" etc. I see it as that generally compared to a mage at higher lvls your chances in pvp are huge. As a mage your far more likely to win against a non mage.

Ive said it a million times but nerfing isnt the answer when so much more could be done to raise the other classes to the mages power level
Dr-Octopus

Post by Dr-Octopus »

this is called as balance brothersss
Attachments
balance.jpg
balance.jpg (113.86 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

The only strength in pvp the Dwarf has is against mage (mana shield)...no fire hit...no double hit.
Swordsman, archer and ogres (haft+my lv) always win against me but I aint complaining about that I complain about the heal/armor spell comb...it's almost unstoppable
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!