Stats for mage

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Re: Stats for mage

Post by Ryaca »

Thank you. I thought since the wand shoots fire out of it that it was a magical attack. That clears a lot up. I don't believe I am ready to attempt a mage yet. I think I will follow earlier advice to play an archer instead. I can't see not being able to use the wand as a back up while my mana regenerates.
BOO!:ghost:
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Ryaca wrote:Thank you. I thought since the wand shoots fire out of it that it was a magical attack. That clears a lot up. I don't believe I am ready to attempt a mage yet. I think I will follow earlier advice to play an archer instead. I can't see not being able to use the wand as a back up while my mana regenerates.
Considering that you would be required to spend your state points on your dex in order to be able to use wand as a physical attack, the resulting regeneration process of your mana will be slower and you will score less DPS, which, in itself, is neither good for PvP nor PvM.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Ok thanks. That clears a lot up. I don't think I'm ready to play a mage just yet. I think I'll take the earlier advice and play an archer instead. I can't see not being able to use a wand as a back up while my mana regenerates.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

So what is the point of having a wand?
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

it can help some with grinding, and does offer the option of building a str/dex mage (which can be helpful at lower levels for some plsyers)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Arachnia

Post by Arachnia »

Plus: The wand sets the range for your spells (and increases your mana reservoir).
Without a wand, your attack and heal spells would affect only your direct surroundings.
Retired Game Admin (GM)
For contact with staff, please send a PM to GM Inbox

Useful Links:
- Forum Rules | Game Rules
- Game Help | Monster list | Item list
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Thanks so much for the info. I learned a lot.:)
maleficence

Post by maleficence »

Basic math for a mage is this
. every level poured into mana (two attribute points) is roughly
•3 points of damage added to yellow flow
• 5 points of damage added to green flow spell
•5 points of healing.
(This may not seem like a lot but every second you can cast a maximum of 7 spells meaning that's potentially 21-35 damage per second for each level spent solely on mana)

Every 5 levels added to mana (10 attribute points) increases your total casting by2-3 (attack and healing spells) or 1 (for utility spells like slow and armor)

Every 40 points of mana, regenerates +1 mana per 5 seconds.

Damage of spells is calculated by base mana. Mana gained from gear only effects your total mana pool and mana regeneration.

ARM is negligible at lower levels as it scales with level. Adding a point at first level will only get you a few extra hit points. However; at level 93 and up adding 5 points to ARM will generates over 1k hit points. So dunking 6 levels into ARM when you're in the 90s will double your health. (Note that dumping 6 levels into ARM at lower levels will eventually lead to the same total but it will be slower and you'll have 30 less damage per spell (or 210) less damage per second.

After level 99 further additions to ARM will only increase damage reduction as HP formula is replaced with a static number (level reset excluded)
To round up:
Evey 20 levels (40 atribute points) placed into mana will get you. 100 damage per casting of green flow, 8 extra castings (1 more second of lobbing spells before your mana pool drops and youre reduced to a vulnerable puppy) and plus 1 to mana pool regeneration

The above leads to a bit of a squishy DPS character. You'll hit hard, and fast. But you'll take more hits and die fast as well. You'll probably want to invest in some healing or mana potions.

An alternative way to play a mage and common among lower levels is to build it like the other classes with more emphasis on mana than strength. And have spells play a more supporting role. In this way your wand (governed by strength its hit ratio gberned by dexterity) will hit often and eat away at health while spells take a larger but less effective chunk from the enemies health ..The level 125 wand is descent for this approach and high levels make this mage build amusing to toy with.

It is worth noting that after 89 levels of solid mana dumping you'll deal 500 damage per casting meaning its easy to calculate how many casting it will take to kill an enemy. And how many seconds it will take to kill it. And by that roughly how much damage you'll take in the process. (Assume that it hits every time..scholars arent rogues most of the time)

Also note that's there's a certain promiscuous lady who offers -coughs- "services" in one of the beginners quests. She has a tendency to offer an extra 2 attribute points (I don't recall leveling up after finishing the quest) but they disappear upon resetting your stats so... Make sure u save that little tart for later. When you're all comfy cozzy with your build.

If that quest has been fixed.. My apologies! Sincerely..I rarely give false information unless it can particularly amuse me -cat grin-

Yours truly
Dehjahlia the despairing fairy
It's the developers role to make changes that encourage gameplay in all of its aspects.
It's the players role to enhance gameplay and make it enjoyable for others.

Dejahlia(111) Faerie.
DejahIia (4) Freya (Valkyrie)
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Wow! Thanks Maleficence for that very detailed breakdown. That was very informative. I appreciate you taking the time to lay that out. I ended up going with an archer but have many friends that play mages and I will direct them to your post.
Dr-Octopus

Post by Dr-Octopus »

If you have good internet,a tons of gold and a extra tank alt or friend i suggest to put everything on mana.You will lvl very fast.
If your internet is bad,you dont have much gold to buy mana potion and you dont have a tank friend or alt.Then i suggest to put on mana and some on arm.When your mana finish you can fish on safe place and regen and when it fills back you can farm the monster.
So I think internet speed plays a vital role on mage.If you lag alot and cannot tap fast while tanking than you may die.Same case with PvP too. :lol:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: