Pet killers punished

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Pet killers punished

Post by Ryaca »

This is a topic that I think needs to be posted. I have heard many players talk about this issue in the game and have seen posts on the forums about it. GM's are not aloud to punish pet killers. I believe that the reason they are not able to punish them is because the creator of this game profits from pet killers. I also believe that this is wrong. People spend real money on their pets and they are now hesitant to do so for fear of some dispicable player spawning mobs on their pets on purpose. I think that this actually hurts profits to the creator. Many lower level players that are not high enough level to buy pets with real tanking abilities like worms are afraid to buy pets because they die so easy. If profits are what drives the creator, then I believe that more profits would be made if he allowed the GM's to punish pet killers. More players would be willing to spend their money on pets if killing players pets were a punishable offense. I have heard GM's respond with, "watch you pets" or "Keep a better eye on your pets". While this is sound advice, it certainly doesn't make the victim that has had their pets killed feel any better. It may in fact discourage players from playing this game at all. I do not blame or hold the GM's responsible. I believe that there is not much else they can say. Their hands are tied. I'm all for profits being made in this great game. If it keeps FT alive, then that is a great thing. I myself have spent a great deal of my own money. However, I do think that it is either greed or indifference that is keeping these pet killers active. If there was a real true and just punishment for pet killers, then I have no doubt that most of the offenders would stop what I believe is a very shameful behavior. This also concerns those that spend in game currency on pets also. I would like to ask that the players of the FT community please vote on whether or not they think that the creator should allow the GM's to punish pet killers if there is evidence to prove a wrong has been done. Please post a response saying either "Yes" or "No" and let's see if anyone agrees or disagrees with this very important topic. Should you choose to post in this matter, I will greatly appreciate your time. Please feel free to add any additional thoughts as to why you agree or disagree on this matter. Thank you to all who take the time to read this.
BOO!:ghost:
Zepper93

Re: Pet killers punished

Post by Zepper93 »

I don't have a vote on it to be honest.
Local

Post by Local »

Yes. I Agree 110% and I couldn't have said it better there needs to be punishment for pet killers. This is a cowardly act almost like stealing money out of someone's pocket. It needs to be taken care of or more n more will stop buying pets all together maybe Evan quit game. If creator want better profits this is not way to go about doing it..
Narcotic
RIP
Jessie Valdez

Post by Jessie Valdez »

This is completly true. I vote for (YES ).
GM should be able to punnish pet killers.

Thx Ryaca for being a true heart and fighter for FT lovers.
Thx to you, people gonna like this game even more.
J Valdez (Archer) SWEDEN :)
Seeing a spider isn't a problem. It becomes a problem when it disappears.
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

I agree. Abusive behaviour needs to be checked.
Perhaps there should be a way to protect pets.

1) Killing unaccompanied pets brings instant outlaw status.
2) Give pets protection when at their owners house, shops, etc.
3) Allow pets to respawnc at their owners house or in the start map when killed.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Rothost

Post by Rothost »

It really would be nice to have pet killers punished but it still won't get your pet back, or help you in any way.
SUGGESTIONS:
Clan Duke Helper (Post Thu Jun 23, 2016)
Clan pet storage (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Outlaw penalty (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Gear UpGrades (Post Thu Feb 22, 2018)

[ok] Rothost (D)- Amazon
[SMRF] Rothosta (L)- Huntress
[WAAR] Roth (D)- Freya
Leone

Post by Leone »

If someone is spawn killing your pet for the sake of it, then they are reducing your gameplay experience and should be punished accordingly.

However, if a pet owner attacks you in pvp then I believe their pets are fair game and can be killed as a tactic to defend yourself. Sorry if that seems to go against the prevailing opinion.

I think Ry's point is well made and requires further consideration. I add my support with the above point as an exception.
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Pets and pets killing are long discussed topics. Ryaca has a point in looking for opinions and solution, but I don't think pets killers are escaping punishment due to some hidden creator's agenda. In fact, the issue of pets killing has been on debate since long before pets being added to real money shopping list.
This thread is helping us collect opinions and info (such as protecting pets, or their role in pvp) and I'm sure it's going to help game staff in building up the picture of how players feel about pets killing and pets protection :D
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

This issue must be resolved before people become frustrated with the pet system. It is very frustrating to spend 300K on 2 pets to carry that Iron ore and those planks you need to craft a siege, only to have some noob lure a monster onto them, causing you to lose 300K, your pets to die, and your items to fall allover the ground, unable to be picked up.

There are multiple ways this can be avoided:
- Pet parks
Pet parks will be places in each map where you can park your pets, and like the PVP Safe area at shops, monsters cannot kill your pet, and vice versa (I.e. the pet cannot kill the monster, and it will disappear as if no player was in range)

- Pet protecting option
A button that shows if you click your pet, that parks your pet, and protects them from any monsters, also with the same conditions stated above to avoid abuse

- Personal House pet storage
Self explanatory
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
naomi

Post by naomi »

i vote for YES!
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...