Clans Are Dwindling

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Blessed

Clans Are Dwindling

Post by Blessed »

Clan recruitment is getting harder.No one wants to join and members that are in clans drop out. It's getting sad when friends drop out cause they get killed so often and loose gear they work hard to obtain. I'm loosing faith and interest. It seems the only solution is to add some PvP restrictions
When I first started playing I really enjoyed playing. But watching friends quit clans then quit entirely has me rethinking why I'm here. I helped a lot of new players. Seeing how they progressed and then watched as they gave up and left.I'm sorry but this game has gone backwards. Maybe you don't see it but play it ...watch your friends get discouraged,frustrated then never come back on again. I've played a lot of online games. Spent a lot of time building, growing but never seen them loose participants cause of the game set up. If money is the issue. You may go broke as at least 15 of my friends no longer play your game. Just my opinion and I'm hearing my opinion is a lot of others on this server. Blessed
RyoHazuki

Re: Clans Are Dwindling

Post by RyoHazuki »

yes your opinion is very similar to a lot of people.
have you tried pm-ing compbatant or emailing him....his email address is on Google play.
he didn't respond to any of my posts on the forum because I don't even think he looks...but he did respond to my email. and even put my idea into the game. so combatant=good guy. I wish he'd listen on this matter...I think its really having an impact on the enjoyability of the game.
these bad players that are ruining it for everyone are buying levels (not a problem) and second devices so they can ambush people because of the rediculous drop Rate in PvP. so people are losing up to, and higher than level 200 items in seconds (really...literally and regularly)

we need to look at this in a different way...
a level 150-200 item usually sells for about 50mil minimum.
(correct me if I'm wrong)

100,000 gold costs 1pound in real uk money.
that's ten pound of UK money for 1mil on game.
it costs 50×£10. I believe £500 (stupid money) if my maths serves me correct is what a level 150-200 level item would cost in real money based on my calculations. and it can be(and REGULARLY is )lost to these PvP cowards who in some cases have two devices or work as a team to bring fear and misery to innocent gamers and no one in game is doing anything about it...

I hope I'm not wasting my thumb muscle strength typing this like all the others because that's a serious issue.

BTW, blessed is the player who helps keep this game alive...because whilst the negative players are out there stealing peoples stuff and xp, blessed is out there taking new players on quests so they can have enough exp to be addicted.....giving money to new players and such.....basically teaching them the ropes...he's received lots of praise on the forum and now here is my bit. blessed you're a good guy ...please don't leave us with the idiots.
Elia

Post by Elia »

DavidIcke wrote:
BTW, blessed is the player who helps keep this game alive...because whilst the negative players are out there stealing peoples stuff and xp, blessed is out there taking new players on quests so they can have enough exp to be addicted.....giving money to new players and such.....basically teaching them the ropes...he's received lots of praise on the forum and now here is my bit. blessed you're a good guy ...please don't leave us with the idiots.
Definitely, Blessed is the blessed guy, a really very good friend. Blessed, you are not supposed to leave us like this. Between, you haven't crafted my gold plate yet. So, you can't leave us. I am sure of it. :)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

(thanks for moving this to clan forum)

A lot of good points here, and I very much agree, even though I haven't been playing very long, I read the forums and talk to players. These are problems that if not handled in good time can really cause downfall to the game. I know we are told to be patient, changes are coming, and I look forward to it. But please, don't wait too long!

Blessed got me into this game when I started, helped me out, and gave me a positive outlook on the game. I have tried following his example in my gameplay, to be unselfish and helpful.

Blessed (and his alts) helps many new players get started and hooked on this game. He also helps out whenever someone has a question. I think the game would be hurt at his loss, as he is a player who fills in for lack of a tutorial, and sets a good example for new players to follow.

Along those lines, we can't afford to keep losing the nice, well-meaning players while the opportunists take advantage of loopholes to ruin the game for others. I truly believe the rules should be reviewed and changed.

The staff seem to me to be excellent, and do their best to ensure the game runs smooth. However they are only so many, and cannot penalize someone who has found a way around the rules. Perhaps more are needed, or they need more leeway, I don't know.

Really it comes down to what is the purpose of the game. If its to create an enjoyable experience that all from around the world can enjoy, then take these posts seriously and make changes. If the games purpose is solely to make money, then leave it as is, where the people with the biggest credit cards can duel it out until one bankrupts the rest. Might I point out, this goal means the game has a limited life span, and that more players will quit than stay.

Sorry for the lenghty post, but I do agree strongly with blessed's post. Also, its 4am and I'm a little tired, but that doesn't make me wrong ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
DUMBLEDORE

Post by DUMBLEDORE »

I think clans are great...they make game more interesting.And the best is...

AHOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :D
Dubledore lvl 160 archer-AHOU(lord)
Dark-Mage lvl 90 mage(alt)
"Smaller in number are we,but larger in mind"~Yoda~
AAAHHHHOOOOOUUUUU!!
d0nQuix0te

Post by d0nQuix0te »

I thee mighty d0nQuixote have been in a clan since like level 30. I have no problem using my small brain to level, do pvp, not lose my gear I got from clan friends and such. It is a bummer to lose gear, it's a bummer to be with the wood cutter(he is link btw) on start map. I can honestly say that up to 50 lvls above my character, I will attack and be confident not to just die. But, as we all know, if you want to clan up, that is one of many reasons to do so. Otherwise, u can't fight or become outlaw. Even for retaliation. But whatever, deal with it. Blessed is a great player, robinhud helps alot too... The fact is, if you always complain or gripe, u will become a target. A solution is welcome. I like the idea of attacking anyone higher and no less than 50 or 75 below. But I won't quit. Fool, it's DR on minezzz ;)
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

*edited by Ryo for bad taste*
Last edited by RyoHazuki on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

This game is still alive and kicking so I guess the prediction was not accurate...
BOO!:ghost:
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

ahh, yes, I was quite the angry young man way back in 2014. Funny how opinions can change over the course of time. I still think that clans have gone backwards, not forwards. many of my opinions have been expressed in multiple posts on this forum and I'm sure anyone who cares already knows what I think.
SSephiroth

Post by SSephiroth »

Wow. This is a very old thread, revived again...
I remember this.
This was a loooong time ago....
IIRC, you three, meaning Ryo (or your alt David), Elia, and MadMikael used to tear the forum up in those days.
*nostalgia*

Are the predictions wrong? I guess you could say so... the game is still running.
But the forum is nowhere as active as it used to be.
Can't say about the game; only Gandalf and compbatant have access to those stats... but I think its safe to say the game is doing well enough.

But are the predictions wrong? Lets think about it this way.
The game is nowhere near what it was in 2014.
It has taken a different direction than what many had wished for.
There have been many, many, many good players lost to this very issue; good, decent players who were positive about the future.
I'd even go as far as to say the whole player base has changed, and the goal of the game is very different.
When you think about it that way, the game of 2014 is really no more, and the predictions were somewhat accurate.
Unfortunately, I can no longer quote the actual post, oh well.
RyoHazuki wrote:ahh, yes, I was quite the angry young man way back in 2014. Funny how opinions can change over the course of time. I still think that clans have gone backwards, not forwards. many of my opinions have been expressed in multiple posts on this forum and I'm sure anyone who cares already knows what I think.
I used to be an avid reader of your posts. Good to see you're still around. Curious on how you've adapted over the years to all the changes implemented.

MadMikael wrote: Really it comes down to what is the purpose of the game. If its to create an enjoyable experience that all from around the world can enjoy, then take these posts seriously and make changes. If the games purpose is solely to make money, then leave it as is, where the people with the biggest credit cards can duel it out until one bankrupts the rest. Might I point out, this goal means the game has a limited life span, and that more players will quit than stay.
This was written long before he was a GM.
I still agree with this point of view; and I think it was a very accurate prediction.
But that's my two cents.