a non clan attack

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: a non clan attack

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Another possibility could be that a player cannot drop clan while targeted.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

yes, this was before the time gap mechanic. The primary motivators for the suggestion of becoming outlaw (for short period of time) when you leave a clan were to fix two abuses that have been discussed here:
1> leave clan during battle so your opponent becomes outlaw
2> join/create clan just to kill some people, then declan immediately afterwards... this one has been somewhat dealt with with the time gap... it can still happen, but not as often now

Another reason I always liked it was for the role-playing aspect of the idea. When you're in a clan, the "law" basically looks the other way while you have your clan fights because you're being protected by the clan... so it makes sense to me that as soon as it's known you don't have their protection anymore, you're considered an outlaw for awhile ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Also, and this is slightly off topic, I think that the internal enemy list shouldn't be updated if on clan map, or if both players are in a clan. It allows a hi lvl to attack a much lower lvl player later, when the mechanics would normally not allow it.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I really like the idea mad about the targeted not unclanning. Blitz, I definitely like your outlaw idea.
BOO!:ghost:
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

i agree, and thanks :) - though as I've stated before I think the retaliation list should be replaced completely with a new mechanic which immediately makes a person an outlaw (for a short period of time) when they attack a non-friend, outside of a clan, off of clan /Colosseum map.... this would be SO much better ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Agreed :)
BOO!:ghost:
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

I agree, and think that having characters being outlaws due to leaving a clan will change the way players live clan life as well as the way outlaws are perceived
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message