Game Rules Review

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Game Rules Review

Post by MadMikael »

The current game rules can be found here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560

The current staff rules can be found here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1011

The current help from main menu can be found here http://ftmmorpg.dmgamestudio.com/help/

I am making an effort, with the GM team, to review and improve the game rules.
And I would like to get the community involved with suggestions.
If you prefer to remain anonymous, you can send me a PM on forum or facebook, and I will post it for you.

Try to keep this thread on topic, as I will delete off topic posts as I see fit.

The GM team is well aware of the desire to change the pet killing rule. I ask, that you do not post this issue here, but rather, vote here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13537
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
AxeMurderer

Re: Game Rules Review

Post by AxeMurderer »

I look forward to more rules against pk and Bullies. A lvl 2k killing a 500 and taking gear is complete bs. I spend real money and love the game but I will quit if nothing is done.
It wasn't me
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I don't want to be the unpopular one but if you are in a clan that is just how it is. Once an individual joins a clan, they must know this. I certainly understand your frustration but on the other hand, having a level cap for clan pvp would not work at all. A level 5k must be able to pk way lower levels. If you are not in a clan then I agree with you 100%.
BOO!:ghost:
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Ryaca wrote:I don't want to be the unpopular one but if you are in a clan that is just how it is. Once an individual joins a clan, they must know this. I certainly understand your frustration but on the other hand, having a level cap for clan pvp would not work at all. A level 5k must be able to pk way lower levels. If you are not in a clan then I agree with you 100%.
I would agree if it wasn't necessary to be in a clan to craft anything lvl 100 or higher. Understandably, in clan warfare, you're going to have high lvls killing low levels of the opposing clan (which, hopefully will be defended by towers...). But there are players who abuse this, creating a clan for the sole purpose of being able to prey on lower lvl clanned players.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Purchasing a house can help players avoid having to join a clan. With houses players can craft anything that clans can with the exception of seiges.
BOO!:ghost:
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Please keep in mind, that the goal of this thread is the rules. This is within GM power to edit.

What you're referring to above, is a game mechanic; this can only be changed by compbatant with (a lot of) programming.
I will note however, that if you're in a clan, facing "unfair" PvP, you always have the option to leave the clan. Not a popular answer, but it's the official one AFAIK.

On a side note, I've added links to the Staff Rules, and the current Help available from the main menu. I'm currently looking at these as well. So, if you have suggestions, please feel free to add.

ardesia

Post by ardesia »

About the help file.

It's very useful, and I'm glad to know it's under update :D
Please count me in for this, if you like. I'm good at spotting typos and designing information flow.

I think players should read it over and over again, and - as I posted already - its name has to be changed.
A "game help" is something you (maybe) read in case of problems.
Moreover, the link in the app just states "help", without a hint on which kind of help you might get there.

Imo, naming it "Game manual" or something like that will lead players there much better :)
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

ardesia wrote:About the help file.

It's very useful, and I'm glad to know it's under update :D
Please count me in for this, if you like. I'm good at spotting typos and designing information flow.

I think players should read it over and over again, and - as I posted already - its name has to be changed.
A "game help" is something you (maybe) read in case of problems.
Moreover, the link in the app just states "help", without a hint on which kind of help you might get there.

Imo, naming it "Game manual" or something like that will lead players there much better :)
Well, you're in... just post any ideas or suggestions here.. or PM me...
So far, I only have one addition I'd like to add to it, which is a link to the game rules...
I will add your suggestion, but, I don't think it can be done without programming; what I'm focusing on is the content, which I'm fairly certain that Gandalf can edit.
There are no bad ideas here; but, like I said, GMs are limited to what they can actually do.

MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

OK, this project is ending up bigger than I first thought...

Anyway, you might notice, I've added some things to General Information (shout out to kromelg, for catching my mistake)

If you have any suggestions, comments, etc. please feel free to do so; this can be on existing posts or new posts.

Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Tighten the grip on shared accounts. Yes it says it's against the rules but rarely anything is actually done from what I can tell, as most of the higher lvl players I've met are all shared.

I see no difference than 2+ people playing the same account and one person playing but setting it up to afk when they sleep. Both allow a character to grind for much longer than a standard 1 player account, giving an unfair advantage. Actually more so than being afk, because when you're afk you have no chance of defending yourself.

Slack off on language. Yes obviously severe language and threats etc need to be dealt with but when a player gets killed by someone 10x their level they should be allowed to trash talk about how pathetic they are only preying on defenseless people :D

No but seriously if a player 10x my level preys on me over and over, you can bet your donkey imma be insulting his affinity to only attacking the weak. I think any human being would when dealing with some of the fertilizer in this game and when I see someone getting scolded for saying crap or a little mild trash talk, that's just too lovin much. ;)

As far as rules go I think that's it for me, the rest is mechanics/gameplay. Obligatory intentional pet killing but is there an actual way to tell the difference between purposeful and accidental from a GM standpoint?