There was a spawn party today...

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

There was a spawn party today...

Post by MadMikael »

Sorry if you missed it.
Sorry if you didn't enjoy it.
But, I think, it was fairly successful, despite some confusion. Most players had fun, I think.

Please note, it was DaHobbit doing the spawns; I was only there to assist with the rules. If you wish to give thanks, please let him know, not me.
Also note, that both of us enforced the rules below. Do not entirely blame him or me; we shared in this.

Now, this party was thrown together very quickly.
The reason is, compbatant has fixed an issue that was had with spawning.
\When DaHobbit heard, he was all excited, and immediately, wanted to party.
There was no post, there were few announcements, and there were new rules. We repeated these many times, but, sadly, not all heard them I think.

First of all, most importantly, is the enforcement of rule 9.

I want you to understand, that GM work is very little fun; in the past, we did parties to have some fun with the players. It was one of the few enjoyments of the job.
Alas, parties disappeared, mainly because of complaints and rude comments. Also mentioned above, there was an issue with the spawning command, but that came later.

So, I came up with an idea, along with some help.
Since, GMs do this for enjoyment, if you complain, or if you say negative things, you are, in fact reducing their game play experience.
This is game rule number 9.

I would also quote, from staff rule number 9.
"It is entirely up to the discretion of the gamemasters to interpret and enforce the rules above."

Based on these two rules, is how this idea was implemented to protect the GMs, and help encourage spawn parties.

Now, you may disagree with this. If you do, I suggest you post below, and the community can discuss it. Of course, make sure you include your opinion and reasoning here. A simple comment, like "this is bs", is not helpful; please elaborate, or your post may be deleted. Of course, forum rules apply here too.

Additional Rules

There were additional rules implemented in this party; some old, some new.
However, there are many new players who are not familiar with the old rules.
We both made an effort, to broadcast these rules repeatedly; also, we both made an effort to warn before acting.
Sadly, with the large amount of players, and the quickness of chat, I think that not all were heard. So, I state them now, so maybe you'll understand.

NO OUTLAWS ALLOWED
This has been a long standing rule at DaHobbit events. He does not like outlaws, and therefore, does not allow their participation. Since, parties are optional, and rules are made by the host, this rule will always be in effect at a DaHobbit event, unless he states otherwise.

NO PETS ALLOWED
This was a new rule, and very difficult to enforce. Pets are a fairly new addition to the game, and so is this rule. This was implemented for two reasons;
1. to try and make the party fair for everyone
2. to avoid loss of pets, and hurt feelings
I cannot say, if this rule will be implemented or not at future events; it will be up to the event host.

Punishments

Yes, some punishments were handed out.
These included, warnings, teleportations, mutes, pet deaths, map restarts, and kicks.
I do not disagree with any of these decisions.

Explanations for Pet Killings - quoted from my reply below
MadMikael wrote:I did not mention above, perhaps I should have.
The difficulty with the pets.
1. It is hard to know, who pets belong to in a large crowded area;
2. Sometimes, in crowds, it is difficult to read a player's name; therefore, hard to teleport them.

This was solved in two ways:
1. The map was restarted, kicking everyone. This means, everyone lost xp for damage already done, and their chance at drops. Also, pets would start next to their owners when they logged on, so, party would have to wait for parking pets before it could resume. Also, any players who logged on late, would likely be in the middle of the spawn, with no way out. I think, DaHobbit and I agree, this was unfair to most players, when fully considered.
2. Pets were killed, but, after several warnings and demands of ownership. When a player admitted, they were his/her pets, that player was teleported away a safe distance, giving them a chance to park them (we could now see their name in chat). However, when no one confessed, the pets were killed, as this was the most reasonable method to enforce the rule without affecting the majority of players. This is incorrect; pets were not killed intentionally, but as a result of stronger spawns. Apologies to DaHobbit for not asking him first about this

But, you may disagree with this. If you do, I suggest you contact an admin via forum PM. They are green named staff members on forum. The admins will decide, if the decision can stand or not. HOWEVER, I will remind you of rule 11, and contact only ONE admin. Of course, make sure you include your account name, and an explanation of what happened, as they are not mind readers.

A Sad Note
You may have noticed, the map crashed twice during the party.
compbatant is already working on a fix for this.
Sadly, he has forbidden any spawn parties until it is fixed. I cannot give you an estimate on when this will be.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
DAVEmanda

Re: There was a spawn party today...

Post by DAVEmanda »

It was good, it wasn't enough :P and I wish more parties :)
But no only spanw party, races and other ideas too.

The event rules are good, I think that is justified and we must obey them! I don't like that hobbit was killing pets, better teleports or kicks.. I put my pets on my house I am not affected... But I don't think that a police can be able to kill your horse because you are in the your Neighbour's land, he kicks you that's good but no kill your horse..
And I think that much people that no obey the rules is because no understand that GM is telling, no yall speaks English, the others can be kicked :twisted:

I wish GM no stop doing parties because some players tells party ***.[.***, I told no like much be killing immortal mages but I don't contempt the GM work
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

EDIT: I added this reply to my original post

I did not mention above, perhaps I should have.
The difficulty with the pets.
1. It is hard to know, who pets belong to in a large crowded area;
2. Sometimes, in crowds, it is difficult to read a player's name; therefore, hard to teleport them.

This was solved in two ways:
1. The map was restarted, kicking everyone. This means, everyone lost xp for damage already done, and their chance at drops. Also, pets would start next to their owners when they logged on, so, party would have to wait for parking pets before it could resume. Also, any players who logged on late, would likely be in the middle of the spawn, with no way out. I think, DaHobbit and I agree, this was unfair to most players, when fully considered.
2. Pets were killed, but, after several warnings and demands of ownership. When a player admitted, they were his/her pets, that player was teleported away a safe distance, giving them a chance to park them (we could now see their name in chat). However, when no one confessed, the pets were killed, as this was the most reasonable method to enforce the rule without affecting the majority of players. This is incorrect; pets were not killed intentionally, but as a result of stronger spawns. Apologies to DaHobbit for not asking him first about this

Lrambonga

Post by Lrambonga »

I can't speak for any other players, but I personally had a blast at the party. It was almost back to how it was 2 years ago. Thank you Hobbs and Mad.
Dr-Octopus

Post by Dr-Octopus »

I appreciate this party.It was both thrilling and exciteful.It was so nice to see so many people together in a single map.Hats off to both GMs(DaHobbit&MadMikael)for organising the party.After been in party what i have seen is:-
1.The party was fair for both high lvl and low lvl peoples.If mobs were not self healing than most of high lvls will easily kill them and party would be ruined.Due to self healing of mobs it was challenging to kill them.But,with teamwork,patience and tactics we managed to kill them and got lots xps and cool drops.
2.I think they introduced new spawn mechanism and was fair.
3.We must appereciate it.And party are meant for enjoyment.We can met so many people at once and get to know each other.
Here are some snapshots:-
Spoiler: Show
Party.png
Party.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 4800 times
Partyjd.png
Partyjd.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 4800 times
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

DAVEmanda wrote: The event rules are good, I think that is justified and we must obey them! I don't like that hobbit was killing pets, better teleports or kicks.. I put my pets on my house I am not affected... But I don't think that a police can be able to kill your horse because you are in the your Neighbour's land, he kicks you that's good but no kill your horse..
And I think that much people that no obey the rules is because no understand that GM is telling, no yall speaks English, the others can be kicked :twisted:
i agree here. no intentionally killing of pets. if the owner does not understand and the pet gets killed in the spawn... well, that is his fault and it was bad tactics (better park it).

i see, that there is no way to examine, who is the owner and so it is hard to get rid of a pet in the crowd, but then wait until monsters killed it imo.

still, you should know basic English in the game, because staff speak many languages, but always English and this time, an English GM was hosting that party.

if you get to know someone, who had a language barrier and lost his pet without any faults, they can contact me. I can read server logs and find out, how it happened and if that is true, it will be replaced (if not, I will punish for waisting my time).
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

Dr-Octopus wrote:I appreciate this party.It was both thrilling and exciteful.It was so nice to see so many people together in a single map.Hats off to both GMs(DaHobbit&MadMikael)for organising the party.After been in party what i have seen is:-
1.The party was fair for both high lvl and low lvl peoples.If mobs were not self healing than most of high lvls will easily kill them and party would be ruined.Due to self healing of mobs it was challenging to kill them.But,with teamwork,patience and tactics we managed to kill them and got lots xps and cool drops.
2.I think they introduced new spawn mechanism and was fair.
3.We must appereciate it.And party are meant for enjoyment.We can met so many people at once and get to know each other.
Here are some snapshots:-
Spoiler: Show
Party.png
Partyjd.png
I agree some healers can be on the party but not how it was today, look at second screen, impossible all mages, and people no move... :)
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

1) Healers can be killed with proper strategy. The healers also had a very high XP with fairly low HP, so success in killing a difficult monster meant you were rewarded greatly. I also threw out many monsters with very nice drops. I know that you guys do not like the healers in the spawn, but it is necessary for me. There are some very high levels that can wipe out everything I spawn. With healers, those high levels cannot just walk around killing everything. They have to work at it. That gives me a chance to throw more spawn in different areas so others can get in the action as well.

2) I asked many time for people to not bring their pets. I never killed one intentionally. I twice created a spawn that killed everything within range, but luckily that spawn was surrounded by other spawn, and then despawned. They may have killed pets, but that was totally not intentional. All players I saw with pets, I moved to the lower left corner of the map. Some players (marsel & LGENERAL) I had to move many times. Still, they came back, and still I moved them. I never killed a pet.

"2. Pets were killed, but, after several warnings and demands of ownership. When a player admitted, they were his/her pets, that player was teleported away a safe distance, giving them a chance to park them (we could now see their name in chat). However, when no one confessed, the pets were killed, as this was the most reasonable method to enforce the rule without affecting the majority of players."

MadMikael did not create any spawn so any killing was done by me. Yes, I said I was going to kill pets that did not leave. I know there is a language barrier with many players, so it would be unfair to kill a pet. I only said it to get players to move them. But knowing that some could not understand, I did not - and would not - kill a pet. As I said above, some pets did die, but it was not intentional.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

DaHobbit wrote: MadMikael did not create any spawn so any killing was done by me. Yes, I said I was going to kill pets that did not leave.
I'm sorry for the confusion in the earlier post; this was where my confusion came from (I was very tired when I wrote the post, having been up all night).
I went on the assumption of what was said in the game; I did not ask DaHobbit before I made the post, so, it was my fault for posting misleading/incorrect information.
I will restate, no pets were killed intentionally.
I also would like to apologize publicly to the admins for having to look into this based on incorrect information that I posted.

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY »

WAS ONLY THERE 5 MINUTES OF PARTY AND ENJOYED IT.
SADLY DOOM WAS OUTLAW WITH PETS LOL. HAD NO IDEA BOUT RULE.
WHEN GAME CRASED, DOOM CAME BACK WITH NON OUTLAW AND IT WAS OVER.
STILL HAD FUN SEEING EVERYONE. THANK YOU HOBBS!!!