Heal for mage

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

tunderbow

Heal for mage

Post by tunderbow »

All players that have mage acc know how hard is win pvp when low lvl players block your heal so i suggest that mage should have choice who he wants to heal or give an armor. My idea is to make something like friendly target for mage. The person that will be friendly targeted will get heal and arm if mage will use it. Its really bad when u lose items beacuse a bunch of low lvls or your enemy's friends block your heal and arm and u lose not beacuse you are weaker but because of heal block. Please do something with that because it is really unfair.
Arashiko

Re: Heal for mage

Post by Arashiko »

Another option is a separate Heal Self spell
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Heal blocking is considered tactical combat. It evens out the playing field against higher-lvl accounts.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

it does help even out ultra high levels - but it also seems terribly unfair (and counterintuitive) for low and "normal" levels - I've continually said there should be a self-heal spell that does around 75% of the regular heal, but obviously only on the caster
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
tunderbow

Post by tunderbow »

madmaniacal1 wrote:Heal blocking is considered tactical combat. It evens out the playing field against higher-lvl accounts.

So your opinion is that is fair to block heal? If mage is lower lvl than enemy he dont have any tactical combat... Mage lose many items mostly because of heal blocking and this equipment is expensive. It has to be changed, other classes have big spell resist, knives, with this even lower lvl class can kill mage if enough people block heal. That isnt right because u cannot even attack heal blockers.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

tunderbow wrote:
madmaniacal1 wrote:Heal blocking is considered tactical combat. It evens out the playing field against higher-lvl accounts.

So your opinion is that is fair to block heal? If mage is lower lvl than enemy he dont have any tactical combat... Mage lose many items mostly because of heal blocking and this equipment is expensive. It has to be changed, other classes have big spell resist, knives, with this even lower lvl class can kill mage if enough people block heal. That isnt right because u cannot even attack heal blockers.
To be fair, it isn't just his opinion; this is the general ruling on the matter, that heal blocking is considered an accepted PvP tactic.
This can be done with lower level alts if desired.
But, not all heal blocks are intended this way; some are accidental, too.

But, you do make a good point; many other classes have gotten some upgrades over time (finally, I may add; mages had the upper hand for quite some time). Perhaps it is time to incorporate the self heal spell. I have always supported such an idea, over the years it has been suggested many times.

In the meanwhile, you *can* unequip your staff/wand; this will reduce your spell casting range to 1, which is almost a self heal.
Yes, it is inconvenient, to unequip your weapon, and re-equip, during PvP. But atm it's the only workaround.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

tunderbow wrote:

So your opinion is that is fair to block heal?
Actually, no. I personally don't like such tactics. I was simply stating the ruling. I don't even like pvp, so the tactics used aren't so important to me.
tunderbow

Post by tunderbow »

MadMikael wrote:
tunderbow wrote:

To be fair, it isn't just his opinion; this is the general ruling on the matter, that heal blocking is considered an accepted PvP tactic.
This can be done with lower level alts if desired.
But, not all heal blocks are intended this way; some are accidental, too.

But, you do make a good point; many other classes have gotten some upgrades over time (finally, I may add; mages had the upper hand for quite some time). Perhaps it is time to incorporate the self heal spell. I have always supported such an idea, over the years it has been suggested many times.

In the meanwhile, you *can* unequip your staff/wand; this will reduce your spell casting range to 1, which is almost a self heal.
Yes, it is inconvenient, to unequip your weapon, and re-equip, during PvP. But atm it's the only workaround.
unequip staff does not help if your enemy is an archer for example, its not right when mage cant use his power in 100% for hisself to survive or kill when ppl come to watch. When mage fights with higher lvl he has problems and with lower lvls also, resist spell makes it harder so u cant kill even low lvl fast to dont get killed by him and his friends that are blocking a heal. It has to be new healing spell or as i suggested friendly target
DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY »

OR JUST NOT USE MAGE!
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DOOMSDAY wrote:OR JUST NOT USE MAGE!
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias