Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Re: Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

Post by Ryaca »

Many great points here. I agree with blitz about the monsters targeting players. I believe that this SHOULD be changed Blitz. If any Mods see this post, we the players of FT would like this game mechanic changed(Lights up torch). I also agree with Nilez on one point. I have never understood why players are aloud to have so many alts. If it were up to me, there would be a one alternate limit.
BOO!:ghost:
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

oh I'd love that... not sure it could really be enforced, but it'd definitely add to role playing aspect of the game ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Eh I'd limit the alts to 5 not 1, as there are 5 different classes. If you could switch classes at will then yeah I'd agree with an alt limit. Only reason I made the alts was to take the names for the classes I'll eventually play.
Nilez wrote:I'm sorry I misunderstood. I thought killing people was a natural part of the game. I realised just a little while ago that this is more of a peaceful game. Feel a little stupid now. I am on the wrong game lol
Uhm, you're not killing them the monsters are. If you want to kill them, attack them yourself. This is far from a peaceful game lol maybe try joining a clan?

@ blitz, how would that work for logging out though? Would the monsters despawn like they do now when they have nothing to attack or go to the nearest player/pet target since their original one logged out?

Sounds like a nice idea, you couldn't have anyone drag mons to kill you but if the above isn't addressed all they'd have to do is just run far enough ahead so they weren't in combat, then log out when the mons got close and the mons will target the nearest player.

This would achieve the same results and have the same problem, just make it a pain in the ash to tank for newbies.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

blitzcraig wrote:oh I'd love that... not sure it could really be enforced, but it'd definitely add to role playing aspect of the game ;)
I'm sure you are right but it's a wonderful thought.
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

In PK we were only allowed one account. One character.
However characters could change class as they pleased, buying a skill reset scroll (not cheap), and while they were still the same level, their class skills would be reset, and they'd need to buy gear for the new class.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Arashiko wrote:In PK we were only allowed one account. One character.
However characters could change class as they pleased, buying a skill reset scroll (not cheap), and while they were still the same level, their class skills would be reset, and they'd need to buy gear for the new class.
That sounds awesome.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Cashew, yes - exactly as you say, they would lose target and basically stand still until they "despawn" unless they are attacked, at which point they would target the attacker ... the one abuse I forsee with this is that a player could run through a map and log out, then log back in to escape the monsters... but let's be honest, with the 11 second time out and the fact that you can easily avoid 95% of mobs anyway, this is a small price to pay for nearly completely doing away with spawn Killing ;)
⬜ 💣 🌏
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

Arashiko wrote:In PK we were only allowed one account. One character.
I always enjoyed this aspect of PK
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Nilez

Post by Nilez »

Cashew wrote:
Nilez wrote:I'm sorry I misunderstood. I thought killing people was a natural part of the game. I realised just a little while ago that this is more of a peaceful game. Feel a little stupid now. I am on the wrong game lol
Uhm, you're not killing them the monsters are. If you want to kill them, attack them yourself. This is far from a peaceful game lol maybe try joining a clan?

This would achieve the same results and have the same problem, just make it a pain in the ash to tank for newbies.
It sounds like you're just distressed (edited for language) that people found a way to kill you when the difference in levels either forbids them from attacking you or you are about a thousand levels above them. (Is there a max limit on the levels?) You just don't want to be killed. You do know killing is killing, regardless of the tactic used to kill?

Yes, I can't directly attack a lvl 1000 or lvl 4000 player and if I did, I wouldn't survive for more than 1 second. I'm lvl 86 currently, and the grind is getting nowhere. I've seen a player who's over lvl 4800.
I also can't attack a player that is level 82 or below (that I could kill, probably). Even if you join a clan, you cannot attack players that are below your level (that you can technically kill) if they're not in a clan. The way I see it, y'all are just trying to build a bubble to hide yourself in. Don't join a clan and the only ppl that can attack you are one that are of your level or 3 above. Lower levels can attack you, but obviously you don't have to worry about them as your higher level means you can survive against them.

There are too many rules protecting players from dying. There is minimal risk. I've never been killed by a player before. One guy did try to attack me a few days ago and I attacked back until I realised I was out of potions and he had the upper hand. Used a speed potion and ran away. You can always stay away from maps that have monsters that can kill you easily.

On Parallel Kingdom (PK), anyone could attack anyone. But if the attacked player did not attack back or go aggressive, then the attacker could not attack this player for 22 hrs, or the next time the player went aggressive.
If they did attack back, or if you caught them while they were attacking monsters (they're aggressive) then you could attack anyone. Lvl 1 up to max level. That risk of dying (which made us lose some of our gold, that went to the attacker) kept us on our toes, kept it scary and exciting.

If I stay clan-less, and your level is 89 or more, you just cannot attack me. That's just boring. Can you count the number of times you've died? Since I came back to the game, the number is probably south of 20.

Guess spawn killing did arrive cuz ppl can't attack directly. I mean, it is common sense that you'd attack what you can kill or run away from. Game forbids you from doing that.

It got boring without the risk. I mean monsters can kill me, but their stats are up front. Also you know where they spawn and you can spawn only as many as you can handle.

Just to recap, let's say you're lvl 100. You can't attack players who are lvl 96 and below. Attacking lvl 100-120 is okay, but how often do you see players on the same map as you, who are around your level? 120-4800+ and it's instant death for you.
If you did kill someone, you become an outlaw (7 deaths but). If players use any different method to burst your little bubble, have rules enforced that keeps them from doing that.

What are we leveling up for? Buy stronger gear so we can fight stronger computer generated monsters?

I found the lvl 100 Armor and was thinking of grinding up to lvl 100 to use it, but then after that there's 150 200 250 500 750 1000 and it just goes on and on and on.. most other games has a maximum level limit, so player could set that limit at their goal, but this is never ending.

You're not killing them, the monsters are. Well, such players are using the monsters to kill you.

Also, bothersome (same)? Filter skipping is allowed? No :)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

The majority of mmorpg players do not do it for the PvP ... estimates range from around 60% to around 90% who play them primarily for working together with others playing against whatever any given game has built in to play against, and to build up their characters. You're obviously amongst the 10% - 40% who primarily (even exclusively perhaps) enjoys the PvP aspect of the game.. This is fine, no problem here, there's plenty of room for both types of players to coexist in FT. My advice is that you join or form a clan and PvP until your heart is content. The 60%-90% will not bother you while you are enjoying yourself... However, if your plan is to change the rules of the game so that you can force your way of enjoying yourself upon everybody else, whether they like it or not, then allow me to save you some time - That rule is not going to become more lenient (unless it's rendered obsolete by means of a mechanics change) so don't bother whining about it anymore. Not everybody plays the game the same way, or for the same reason as you... accept that, get over your hurt feelings about it, and move on to figuring out a way to enjoy the game :)
⬜ 💣 🌏