2 k gear

You want to develop content? Create maps, items or quests! Get rewarded!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Cashew

Re: 2 k gear

Post by Cashew »

Cleopatra wrote:I also see this as a potential problem. There are a lot of people that are just now turning 2k and never got the opportunity to fish the 2K equipment.
Not not to mention the fact that now for high-level characters fishing is no longer fun or even worth doing. Fishing is one of the coolest features of Ft but high-level characters don't even get to really appreciate it or enjoy it now :cry:

Nobody really gets to enjoy fishing anymore. It was nerfed too severely imo.

I'd even argue that since the reasoning behind the nerf was the high level items were never intended to be fishable to begin with, you just allowed everyone that obtained and hoarded all the high level gear to abuse a bug and not ONLY get away with it, but profit immensely.

So now we can abuse bugs as long as enough people do it? Interesting...
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I agree with Cashew. I believe fishing was overnerfed. I can see taking out the 2k items but only being able to fish items under 500 seems like someone took the ball and ran with it and didn't stop running.
BOO!:ghost:
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Ryaca wrote:I agree with Cashew. I believe fishing was overnerfed. I can see taking out the 2k items but only being able to fish items under 500 seems like someone took the ball and ran with it and didn't stop running.

+1 Although I don't like it, I understand lvl 2k items bring taken out they should have never been there. The problems are that they WERE there for quite some time.. allowing a select few were able to get a mass amount of them.

The second problem is the over nerf. In a game where you lose items on death in pvp which can happen almost anywhere, you need a way to replace them. That was fishing.

I'd say a limit of up to (and including) 1k on items, or make (+) items have a greater difference and only allow base items to be caught through fishing and open it back up again.

I'd prefer the latter, but a limit of 1k on gear opens it back up to be worthwhile to fish again without it being "op" because of the gold amounts.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I completely agree with Cashew.
BOO!:ghost:
craig37

Post by craig37 »

You are honestly going off topic on my post. The 2 k gear has already been brought in to the game. And all i want is a simple solution. 1 sell gear at a current shop . 2 make all gear suits purchasable upto 2 k . Even me having to pay you more money would be better then no option. Or 3 make all gear not able to be obtained now on random drops just a luck drop depending on whos playing more and grinding. Atleast then more would be sold . If that player didnt need
naomi

Post by naomi »

i agree, 2k gears should be available..in any case where to get it...
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I honestly think that chests and quests (2k required) could be the easiest way to add them. If flooding the game with gold is the primary reason 2k was pulled, why not just Nerf the price until a more reasonable way to get them comes about. Or remove them from shop sell lists.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

madmaniacal1 wrote:I honestly think that chests and quests (2k required) could be the easiest way to add them. If flooding the game with gold is the primary reason 2k was pulled, why not just Nerf the price until a more reasonable way to get them comes about. Or remove them from shop sell lists.

+1

EDIT: since gear is dropped on death, there needs to be a way to obtain multiple sets, so I'm not exactly sure if even just a chest would work unless it's a repeatable (running a gauntlet or something, upon victory you get a chest that contains 1 random piece of level 500-2k gear depending on how far you got increases the chances of better gear.

Ofc this would have the be balanced against mages being able to infinitely heal but I think you get the point.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

2k gear (and 1500 and 1k for that matter) was originally meant to be no-drop, no trade, and very difficult to obtain lol... clearly that has all changed :p
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

I'd have been alright with that, even knowing I'd never have gotten them because I don't do quests lol.

It'd have been my choice and those that worked hard to get them, wouldn't have them suddenly taken away when dropped in pvp. Why weren't they implimented like that to begin with?

My main issue is since they drop on death, there needs to be a way to obtain multiples. Otherwise why would someone risk their best gear if there's no way to get them back if you lose them?