Roultazar and clan SR

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DaHobbit

Roultazar and clan SR

Post by DaHobbit »

As many of you know, Roultazar was an account I created shortly after the game began. My son took that account over, and has played for several years now. However, he has reached that age, and has moved off to college. It is in his best educational interest to discontinue playing, and focus on his education. Continuing to play FT will only be a distraction. So we agreed that he would stop playing. Because this was originally my account, I will be taking the account back, and trying to figure the game out again.

He has built up a small clan named SR. I am not much into clans, but I will try to figure it out.

As a GM, I have certain rules that I must follow, and those rules carry over onto other accounts I may play. If you are not sure, but curious about those rules, you can read them here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1011

Hopefully I can have peace with other clans, especially while I am trying to learn. I have lvl 0 build so I have about 0 clan experience. I have followed the game since it's creation - even when we did not have clans, so I do have a general understanding. Anyway, I hope you will understand.

Unfortunately, there will be some that do not like me and will want to destroy SR just because of me. It is sad, but I do understand. I would ask though, that if you are attacking me, and I am trying to repair - AND - you ask me (as a GM) for something you need, to please stop attacking while I get my GM account to assist in what you may need. Yes, I will help you even if you are destroying me. But just be a touch considerate, and give me a truce while we deal with whatever issues you may have.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Leone

Re: Roultazar and clan SR

Post by Leone »

Welcome back to this side of Ft!

I think one thing needs some clarification. It certainly sprung to mind when I read your post.

With regard to the following game rule:

Buying, selling, trading or sharing accounts is not permitted.

If you GIVE your account to someone else for free then this is neither buying, selling, trading or sharing. It is therefore allowed.

In your specific case, this is from one family member to another and so there won't be an issue. Thinking of the game more generally, if one player gives his character for free to another, then the new player also takes on all the history of advantages (lvl, items, friends) and disadvantages (enemies, outlaw status) of that character. If the original player wants their character back, then the current player is quite within their rights to say no.

Have I interpreted this correctly?
KOREA

Post by KOREA »

Wish your son all the best !
he was really a nice player.
Language spoken: English, Polish, Persian.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Leone wrote:Welcome back to this side of Ft!

I think one thing needs some clarification. It certainly sprung to mind when I read your post.

With regard to the following game rule:

If you GIVE your account to someone else for free then this is neither buying, selling, trading or sharing. It is therefore allowed.

In your specific case, this is from one family member to another and so there won't be an issue. Thinking of the game more generally, if one player gives his character for free to another, then the new player also takes on all the history of advantages (lvl, items, friends) and disadvantages (enemies, outlaw status) of that character. If the original player wants their character back, then the current player is quite within their rights to say no.

Have I interpreted this correctly?
I think you have interpreted the rule correctly, as it now stands.
Now let me address the other issue with the line in red that you noted, taken from the rules, and how we interpret it.

History of the rule, and it's interpretation:
Spoiler: Show
I get many, many, MANY complaints all the time about "so-and-so account is traded/shared and that's against the rules you should perm jail them".... Ok, you have a point. At one time, we tried to track down every shared/traded account and jail them, and yes, some got jailed. Do you have any idea how much work that was, going through every log of every player? Soon, we realized that was far too much work to do, so we started investigating accounts on reports only. But that didn't work either; due to the pettiness of some players, usually as a result of PvP, they will throw around slander of the player who continuously beat them, claiming breakage of one rule or another. The amount of false reports was just stupid. So, we finally decided, that we would only get involved in reports of "stolen" accounts, and only if the reporting individual could provide some information that gives the possibility they're telling the truth. In these cases, since we cannot actually decide who the account belonged to first, we simply confiscate it. Later on, the email feature was added, and this lessened some cases, but still, some accounts do in fact get jailed for "trades gone wrong". If you find yourself a victim of one of these cases, you can report in a PM to any admin (green named on forum), or post in a dedicated post here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12705 (make sure you read the first post in the thread for directions). If you go the PM route, please note rule 11 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560
How we interpret the rule:

This is a vague statement, that I do not like. Anyway, it simply says "is not permitted". It does not promise punishment, just hints that there can be punishment involved. Trading/sharing of accounts happens all the time; it's kind of sad really. As I described above, we usually only get involved in reports of "stolen" accounts, and only if the report provides info that can verify this instance. There are exceptions, but usually they involve players who have repeatedly broken several other rules. So, if you want to quote this rule to a GM, simply because some shared account is beating you in PvP, you're likely not going to get very far. I do understand your frustration and anger; this rule is not specific enough, and doesn't really say what actually is the guideline. To that end, I have taken steps for clarification.
What I have done:
I made an active effort to get the rules updated. The current English rules aren't clear enough, and, poking around in other language forums, I've noticed some rules are grossly out of date! So, I called for a review of the game rules, and got to editing them with some help. I even asked the community for help. I posted on the facebook group, and on the forum here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13660 . Many ideas, shared publicly and privately, were all considered. The final draft was recently submitted to admins for review, and hopefully will get implemented soon, and translated to all forums. If you're curious of what they might look like, check out the OV game rules http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151 , as they were based on an earlier draft (OV needed rules, and it just so happened we were working on FT rules). There are some differences, but they are very similar. Anyway, if you have some idea to add, sure go ahead; it is very late in the rule development, but if you can argue a good point that is not covered, we will be sure to add it.
Last but not least, my good friend DaHobbit:
I wish you a good deal of luck in this. It is never easy for a GM to be involved in clan activities at all. I think it is important that at least a few of us understand how it works, so yes, a few of us should participate a little. As you said, some will likely attack you simply because they don't like you; probably, because you punished them before. They will also likely claim you cheated in some form or another. It will likely be very difficult for your clan to maintain a foothold; I hope there's some good players out there who will assist you in the clan aspect. And, I have full confidence that you will do exactly as you say; that you will not "cheat", and that you will drop clan activities for GM work, at the risk of your clan. I myself don't see much enjoyment coming from such an attempt, but, if you're up to it, hey, go for it.
Ah, to the players who have objection or concerns:
Maybe you don't like this idea. Maybe, you have some knowledge of unfair play. To any of those players out there, who want to make such claims: send a PM to an admin, describe the situation, and include as much info as you can. Even stuff like /time and /pos (map number mainly) info is important, not to mention player and clan names. You should know though, making false or unsubstantiated claims in a report to an admin are not recommended. Again, when going the PM route, please note rule 11 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560
Anyway, good luck everyone, and have fun ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Leone

Post by Leone »

It's good to read the background behind this. It looks like an awful lot of work for a relatively small GM team :)
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Thx Mad. Your very detailed info explains much. Things are much clearer now.
BOO!:ghost: