IN GAME TIME CLOCK

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LordSeth

IN GAME TIME CLOCK

Post by LordSeth »

Hi, I noticed alot of people seem to want to know what the FT time is. As I've noticed t would help in events or even players that would like to know the time that friends can be on it would be nice to say I'll be on at 5:30pm ft and your friend could go by the time by mply checking their map as I'll show. Imo it would make it easier to check the time for boss spawn and server reset times as well. I'd like to know if it would be possable to add a in game clock to FT that goes by FT time.? If going by my idea it won't be something in the way of chats or icons if you only see it when you click your mini map as i have simply done. I know the mechanics would more technical but I don't think it would much trouble and it would be helpful to the players as well. This is my example.....
Attachments
Tick tock
Tick tock
Screenshot_2017-05-05-18-50-28.png (482.02 KiB) Viewed 4296 times
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
MadMikael

Re: IN GAME TIME CLOCK

Post by MadMikael »

I really like your idea, and should not be hard to implement at all, knowing the time function already exists.
As far as I know, it's a simple factor of running the command when the map is accessed, and displaying it on screen.
But I'm no programmer, so I can't say for sure.

For those of you who don't know, you can see the current FT time by opening the chat window, and typing /time.
A list of public commands, including this one, can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3918
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Thanks mad and yes this would be much easier than typing especially if your device is lagging like mine does at times. And also thank you for sharing the chat command list I have never seen that before it was useful to me. :-) but let's hope this suggestion I have posted does take action just because of the simple fact it would be much easier to go by ft time and there's alot like me, I been playing for around 4 years and never knew on our a few of those chat commands including time. Lol
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

LordSeth wrote:Thanks mad and yes this would be much easier than typing especially if your device is lagging like mine does at times. And also thank you for sharing the chat command list I have never seen that before it was useful to me. :-) but let's hope this suggestion I have posted does take action just because of the simple fact it would be much easier to go by ft time and there's alot like me, I been playing for around 4 years and never knew on our a few of those chat commands including time. Lol
The General Information forum has been getting a lot of attention lately, especially from ardesia and myself.
I recommend everyone, new players and old, take a look around.
The FAQ may be very useful, and it's getting updated constantly.
Also, translators may wish to translate documents they find useful...
(A note to translators: Speak with Gandalf first, if you're looking to get rewarded)

A side note: there's a good chance the game rules will be updated very soon, so keep an eye out; we will announce as much as possible if/when it happens; translations are high on my priority list as well.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

8-)
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
Leone

Post by Leone »

LordSeth wrote:Hi, I noticed alot of people seem to want to know what the FT time is. As I've noticed t would help in events or even players that would like to know the time that friends can be on it would be nice to say I'll be on at 5:30pm ft and your friend could go by the time by mply checking their map as I'll show. Imo it would make it easier to check the time for boss spawn and server reset times as well. I'd like to know if it would be possable to add a in game clock to FT that goes by FT time.? If going by my idea it won't be something in the way of chats or icons if you only see it when you click your mini map as i have simply done. I know the mechanics would more technical but I don't think it would much trouble and it would be helpful to the players as well. This is my example.....
Fantastic idea. I really like this.
Ledo

Post by Ledo »

I 100% agree with this idea!
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! Those are the facts of this world! And you will all surrender to them!
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Thank you all for the sapport on this idea. Imo it will be helpful in the game. I appreciate your positive comments.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

I wonder if it's simpler to have an option (which can be enabled or disabled in settings) to have a real time transparent game clock and map coordinates at the lower left of the game screen.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Arashiko wrote:I wonder if it's simpler to have an option (which can be enabled or disabled in settings) to have a real time transparent game clock and map coordinates at the lower left of the game screen.
This is a good idea. I like the thought of toggling new options, as they could then be disabled if buggy at first.