West Cave Keys

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Humble_M

West Cave Keys

Post by Humble_M »

I've read multiple posts about the various keys for the East Cave. However, I need keys for the West Cave to get the forge part. Since I'm level 156 mage, I don't spawn any monsters in the East Cave that will drop keys (since I can't access anything but the main hall anyway), so that leaves the Ogre Halflings in the West Cave. Which other monsters drop these keys?
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Ryaca

Re: West Cave Keys

Post by Ryaca »

I believe Ogre Halflings located in the west cave drop these.
BOO!:ghost:
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

There are two main dungeons in map 4.0

In one, you need bone keys in order to open doors and chests. Ogres in that same dungeon drop those keys.

In the other one, you need skull keys in order to open doors and chests. Monsters at the end of each level restricted room drop them

:)
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

ardesia wrote:There are two main dungeons in map 4.0

In one, you need bone keys in order to open doors and chests. Ogres in that same dungeon drop those keys.

In the other one, you need skull keys in order to open doors and chests. Monsters at the end of each level restricted room drop them

:)
Thanks for the info.

For the record, it stinks that I spent a lot of time grinding just to get access to the West Cave (level 150), now can't really continue because the Ogres are way beyond my level. In the future, I hope that whoever creates new game elements, makes them playable based on the required level. That is, if you require a certain level to access a quest, then all aspects of completing that quest (dungeon access, monster levels, etc) should be about that level!

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I believe that it is designed this way to encourage players to make friends.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

At long last, I managed to kill an ogre halfling and got a key. However, as I was then surrounded and quickly died, I have no clue what xp I gained before losing 10%.

So, a couple questions:

1 - what are the ogre halfling stats (hp, xp, etc)?
2 - are there the same number of bone key colors for doors/chests as east cave (which uses skull keys)? Just trying to get idea how many keys I need

Sir Martin

Post by Sir Martin »

Use slow spell to slow them down and green spell to kill them. Dont let them close to you, then you die!
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Ogre Halflings: 22k strength, 145 armor, 240 dex, and 18k hit points.
As far as the keys go if I remember correctly, the bright pink keys open the chests themselves and the other colors open the doors. Again, I may be wrong here but I remember needing a bunch of bright pink keys for the upper left room where there are several chests located inside. That cave took me hours to complete. I would advise you to not try to solo there until you are much higher level. However, if you can find someone to tank for you, I believe things will go much easier.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

Ryaca wrote:Ogre Halflings: 22k strength, 145 armor, 240 dex, and 18k hit points.
As far as the keys go if I remember correctly, the bright pink keys open the chests themselves and the other colors open the doors. Again, I may be wrong here but I remember needing a bunch of bright pink keys for the upper left room where there are several chests located inside. That cave took me hours to complete. I would advise you to not try to solo there until you are much higher level. However, if you can find someone to tank for you, I believe things will go much easier.
How much xp for killing ogre halfling?

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I believe they are 200k exp.