Hobbs' new spawn map

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DaHobbit

Hobbs' new spawn map

Post by DaHobbit »

There are a few issues holding up my spawn map, but it is just about ready to go. I would like to introduce it to everyone so players are not so confused when they walk in. As you can see, there are many different rooms. All of these rooms will be sectioned off based on player level, and hopefully other factors. With players from level 0 up to 10000+, spawning has become more complicated so that everyone is able to enjoy. Based on all the issues with spawn events, I stopped spawning.

As some of you are aware, Compbatant is dealing with some real life issues. Once he has time to resolve the issues with this map, I would like to have an event.

All players will enter the map near the very center. Players will make their way up to either of the two doors that exit into the hallway. Players will pass several signs that will be posted to explain the rules. Once into the hallway, players can enter any room, but will be placed into the room based on level. You are only allowed in the room where you are placed. You can exit and attempt to enter any other room, but you will always end up back in that room.

As always, outlaws are NOT allowed in my spawn events. Outlaws will be removed. If they persist, outlaws will be placed into the very center of the map where they are unable to escape. They will be released after the event is finished.
Attachments
Spawn Map.jpg
Spawn Map.jpg (249.48 KiB) Viewed 4577 times
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
_NICKPAN_

Re: Hobbs' new spawn map

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

Great work hobs! I really like this Spawn Map!

Were it will be located?
Maybe like a portal at spawn map that teleport us there? {Yes, most likely - DaHobbit}
:D
Boo
Leone

Post by Leone »

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to it.
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

It's a great idea, I'm so looking forward for it to be ready :D
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I really like this idea. And I especially like that no outlaws will be allowed. I also like that swords will have to kill mobs instead of just firing and leaving. That fire and move to the next mob tactic annoys me to no end.
BOO!:ghost:
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

I likes it.

Theoretically could the same idea be applied to "renting" rooms?

Basically a private room someone pays x gold for an alloted time and can allow people in with a number code or pw etc.

Not sure how hard it'd be to impliment but ik it'd be a goodnway to drain some gold, plus allow peaceful grinding with friends / clan membs.
bbardiya

Post by bbardiya »

Ah nice work Hobbs finally something new!
I like that outlaw trap hahah
Do you have any idea when if gonna happen ?
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

I am waiting for Compbatant to approve the map. I wanted to have some code added to the game so that when players entered the spawning room, all of the pets would teleport to a safe room. That way players could grind without fear of pets dying. There WILL be times when players die during my events (not always or even often, but it will happen), but I really don't want pets to die. I do not think that is going to happen. Player will have to be responsible for their own pets by parking them outside of the room or taking the risk of losing their pets.

My thought is that swords, archers & ogres all go to one room (maybe two based on level), mages go to their own room (also probably more than one room based on level), and maybe dwarves go to a separate room as well. But maybe all players under lvl 60 could all go in one room regardless of class. I haven't quite figured out the quest files to make this happen, but thats the plan.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

This looks very interesting!

It's great that outlaws are outlawed from entry. I haven't seen PvP mentioned in any posts. If PvP is allowed, then I'll skip.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

A portal to the colloseum placed near by the entrance portal would be a good way to give it more recognition - A sign detailing what each room does is also a good idea! ;)
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]