Isnt this an issue?

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMagus

Re: Isnt this an issue?

Post by MadMagus »

rearrow wrote:if non clanned players are banned from clanmaps or if all towers auto fire on them, some maps will need alternative routes. or teleporters
to get from wagon to tavern you almost have to cross a clanmap.
I go around that clan map all the time
you don't need to go through it, ever
in fact, if I enter it by mistake, I turn around and walk back out - some would just kill me on sight
That one in particular, is bad, as noobs will walk in by mistake, and get killed on sight, just for exploring
I've always thought that unclanned should not be on clan maps
It's a CLAN map, they have no business there unless they're CLANNED
I also miss the forced "PvP protection" option - that was creative, hilarious, it worked perfectly, and it brought the game income to boot

Ultimately, if it were made a rule, it would be dubious at best
Players would still abuse it, because many in clan wars are petty and will push every rule to its limit (or break them) to get an advantage
It would cause hours of work, as the throwaway account would need to be linked to a main, so the main could be punished
The fix should come directly from programming
And only one can do that - compbatant

I've already addressed this in another thread
To you crybabies out there, get on the forum and make a post yourself, supporting ideas, or voicing bug reports
AND post in the correct forum
This is the CLANS forum, which is mostly ignored, similar to Off Topic
You want attention? Post in Suggestions, or Bugs, whichever is applicable.
Those two forums compbatant does look at when he has time
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
Andrew333

Post by Andrew333 »

DaHobbit wrote:Personally, I agree that unclanned players should not be allowed on clan maps. As it is, they are allowed. However, a level 0-2 that is brought on a clan map and used for heal blocking will be punished (the main account).

So if an unclanned player is participating in a war on a clan map, the towers belonging to the attacked player must be firing at the unclanned player (and buildings set to auto). If that unclanned player stays out of reach of the buildings, so be it. If the unclanned player is within range of the building and is not getting fired upon by the buildings (and the buildings are not on auto) - then it will be considered that the unclanned player is abusing the game's mechanics. If there is no abuse - there is no violation here.

But again, I really wish unclanned players were not allowed on clan maps. That would solve so many issues.
The problem here is that the unclanned are coming and killing white sieges from allies, not from tower they are sieging from like in the screenshot Lysol is in Raw not MEGA leaving the unclanned killing his sieges while they are under MEGA the fact that they are allied clans makes it funnier as to why isn't their something against it.
Open your mind and suck it in. :lol:
Andrew333

Post by Andrew333 »

blitzcraig wrote:2 quick thoughts...

First, IMO, the most game-appropriate answer, from a role-playing perspective, is that all clan buildings should always attack all non-clanned players. EDIT - though to be fair, the best course for role playing is not always the most thorough response for the game, I do realize that ;)

Second, if you all knew how little the GMs care about your clan wars, you'd be better off. Seriously, the GMs generally don't care for PvP in the first place (I don't recall there ever being a "successful" GM who was that type of player... I may be missing something, but definitely they are the minority of they exist at all) Furthermore, what they do care about with regard to PvP and clans is that the game is fair and fun, the rules help to make that true, and that the rules are followed - trust me when I tell you they are not biased toward helping one clan succeed over another... honestly, they could not care less - stop worrying about that and start giving them the benefit of the doubt and work with them to identify and fix problems instead of crying and abusing whatever game mechanics issues you find and the game will be better for it; plus you'll find less stress and more enjoyment. (no, this is not directed at andrew333 or anybody else, just a general observation)
The second thought makes me wonder if they really could care less about the clan wars why when all of a sudden after Lev, trio, and slxo spam build APEX and Rod out of the portal clan map...I may have a screenshot somewhere, I doubt it...and after we did the same all of a sudden it's against the rules, don't forget that way back when sieges were buffed boom again trio lev and slxo were first to catch it having raw and a couple lose their bases completely out of a map, but when they tried the sieges yes they got little done and then bam it's against the rules, after so much "crying" as MadMagus would say they finally did something to fix it, I am not being a crybaby I am just tired of the benefit of the most being of course used by the same people and some how or for some reason it is not against the rules does it really got to take some more people that have had it be called cry babies say something in order for stuff to be done, I think somewhere in this post is the reason players think GM's are biased I know they aren't they really do do their best, and sometimes things get done after one side gets the down side..who am I to say I'm just posting what I think because lately I think I was saying it in the unofficial forum, I was always told it wasn't the forum now that it's in the forum I'm just a crybaby :roll: my bad
Open your mind and suck it in. :lol:
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

I agree with you on the issues here. As I already stated my personal opinion, I don't like it. Many people feel the same way. But as it stands, players without a clan are allowed on clan maps. So long as there are no abuses of the game's mechanics - all is fine. (well, fine being a relative term)

This is a programming issue. If Compbatant agrees (it is his game), he would have to program it so that players cannot enter clan maps without being clanned. Until then...
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Andrew, I'm going to paraphrase your post...

"A bunch of clans exploited a faulty game mechanic, but it wasn't fixed until one clan reported it... then later a bunch of clans exploited a different faulty game mechanic, and it also wasn't fixed until one clan reported it."

Let me know if that pretty by sums it up. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it sounds to me like some clans are better at reporting issues than others; even if they only do it after it's used against them -- I say again, if you'd just trust me that the GMs don't give a... um... poop about clan wars, you'd be so much better off... it'd help you understand that THEY DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUES UNTIL THE PLAYERS REPORT THEM.

Why don't they know? Because they're not following the clan wars.

Went aren't they following the clan wars? Because they do not care.

Seriously, understand this and your gaming experience is certain to grow more enjoyable :)

EDIT - oh, and I should add. Sometimes just reporting something once in game is simply not enough - especially if it's not an actual bug. Log out, come here to the forum and explain what the other clan is doing to exploit whatever is at fault... get a discussion going about it to help the GMs understand the scope of the issue. Then, after they discuss it and watch it and start to understand it, hopefully they will impress upon Compbatant the importance of fixing it in game. If they decide that is important enough to make a rule against it in the meantime, realize that they are committing to spending extra time enforcing that rule... it's not for them, it's for you. To them, it's nothing but extra work doing something that none of them enjoy - but they decided it's important enough to your game experience that they'll do it. If that happens, DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING SINISTER ABOUT THE TIMING OF IT!
Last edited by blitzcraig on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

From your recent post:
Spoiler: Show
Andrew333 wrote: The second thought makes me wonder if they really could care less about the clan wars why when all of a sudden after Lev, trio, and slxo spam build APEX and Rod out of the portal clan map...I may have a screenshot somewhere, I doubt it...and after we did the same all of a sudden it's against the rules
It was not all of a sudden, like you falsely claim.
It was announced here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14613
After being discussed in several other topics, and on facebook.
Andrew333 wrote:don't forget that way back when sieges were buffed boom again trio lev and slxo were first to catch it having raw and a couple lose their bases completely out of a map, but when they tried the sieges yes they got little done and then bam it's against the rules
I actually missed this one. But, it sounds more like you're complaining that your opponents are quicker to pick up on things than you are.
They found it first, they abused it first, and they're the reason it was made a rule or fixed. Then you tried to do it, and got chastised.
You're the one who was late to the party.
Andrew333 wrote:after so much "crying" as MadMagus would say they finally did something to fix it
Let me clarify.
The crying I refer to mostly, is those lazy buggers in the game who won't get on the forum and post (as they'e been told to REPEATEDLY).
They'd rather sit and whine at start map, and not even bother to contribute. They'd also rather insult GMs for their own laziness and inadequacies.
You're here on the forum, so you're partially exempted from that. Partially.
Keep in mind, "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem".
Andrew333 wrote:I am just tired of the benefit of the most being of course used by the same people and some how or for some reason it is not against the rules
Actually, rules do compensate for this.
If they break a rule, they can get punished.
If they do something deemed a bug, they get punished under rule 8.
If they repeat offend, they can get punish under rule 4.
If you have evidence, feel free to report to a GM with it.
Keep in mind though, most of your opponents seem to be the "slick" type; they like to push rules to their limits, and they tend not to make the same mistake twice. You'll need to be slick in your evidence gathering.
Andrew333 wrote:does it really got to take some more people that have had it be called cry babies say something in order for stuff to be done
YES! OMG YES!
Tell your friends to get it through their heads.
THEY MUST GET ON THE FORUM.
Not sit in the game and whine like little babies.
Cry about the forum, and pretend they're too good for it.
Like the freaking autowalk bug. Never been reported in the Bugs forum. NOT ONCE.
Yet they tell a GM to fix it almost every day. Ignorant and foolish.
1. GMs do not program.
2. GMs are not your personal servants. Post your own reports, you lazy people.
3. You make a half effort report, they pass on a half effort report. Get what you put in.
Andrew333 wrote:I think somewhere in this post is the reason players think GM's are biased
A lot of thinking and assumptions going on, especially on clan maps.
And yet. Not a shred of cold hard facts nor evidence.
Especially because, both sides get punished. Just one side tends to be more vocal about it.
As always, if you have some evidence, report to an admin asap, or drop it.
Or choose to keep believing every single stupid rumour you hear. Btw, I'm selling the Brooklyn Bridge. Real cheap, just for you.
Andrew333 wrote: sometimes things get done after one side gets the down side
This is a sad truth.
Things never happen as quickly as we need them too.
Paramedics don't teleport in when you get hurt.
Police officers don't magically appear when a crime happens.
GMs can do some of this, but only if they're available, and even then, they can't always act right away.
Until the game gets big enough to have a GM on every map, that speaks every language, 24 hours a day, and we can have teams of programmers working around the clock to fix bugs as they pop up, and an executive board available to make game decisions 24 hours a day too.... you'll simply have to live with what is.
Andrew333 wrote:..who am I to say I'm just posting what I think because lately I think I was saying it in the unofficial forum, I was always told it wasn't the forum now that it's in the forum I'm just a crybaby :roll: my bad
That's a little confusing...
The forum has always been official.
It's the subforums that matter the most though.
Clans is like Off Topic. For official stuff that the programmer will see, try Bugs or Suggestions.
Don't know who told you it wasn't the forum.
And, I addressed the crybaby comment above. Most I referred to DON'T get on the forum.
You did. Congrats. Now try to be a little more reasonable while you're here.
Here's from your first post:
Spoiler: Show
Andrew333 wrote: call it a strategy for now, wasn't what y'all said about spam buildings??
It was a legit strategy, fairly used. Until some players abused it to a point of ridiculousness.
Then a rule was made, and it was posted on the forum.
Then it was enforced, and BOTH sides got punished.
Andrew333 wrote: It wouldn't surprise me that when we do it we get punished
Well, your fault you waited until after the rule was put in place to do it.
Your fault you did not read the rules on the forum.
Andrew333 wrote:ik this isn't the way of doing things but lately we got to make it be seen in order for it to get attention...
Lately? Incorrect. Always.
Have a bug, post in the Bugs forum.
Have a suggestion, post in the Suggestions forum.
Have a report, report to a GM on the forum.
The forum has ALWAYS been the official method for the game.
Andrew333 wrote:these type of things make it seem like some are favored because when we do it all of a sudden it's against the rules :shock: surprise this makes GM's seem one sided with clans and people in game
The players who typically claim this, are completely ignorant of things.
They do not get on the forum and read the rules.
They do not get on the forum and report bugs, suggest ideas, or contribute in any way.
You have made the first step, by coming here, although you waited longer than you should, and your anger is showing. Your attitude kinda stinks too.
Had you done the proper thing in the first place, this would have got attention much sooner.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

Huge +1

See a bug? Get on forum and report it in Bugs!

See bug abuse? Get on forum and report it in Scammers and Cheaters!

Have an idea to make the game better? Get on forum and report it in Suggestions!

The only person who can change the game is Compbatant

Whining in mChat or at start map achieves NOTHING

GM are not divine, nor Santa, and are human just like you
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

DaHobbit wrote:But again, I really wish unclanned players were not allowed on clan maps. That would solve so many issues.

Agreed 100%.

Pathetic lowlife unclanned poor excuses for human beings should NEVER have nor should they EVER be able to set one foot of their filthy, disgusting, diseased, putrid, rancid carcasses onto a clan map.
BOO!:ghost:
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

Ryaca wrote: Pathetic lowlife unclanned poor excuses for human beings should NEVER have nor should they EVER be able to set one foot of their filthy, disgusting, diseased, putrid, rancid carcasses onto a clan map.
Don't hold back, Ryaca, tell us how you really feel :lol:
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I have been waiting for a very long time to get that out which is not healthy. Venting is great. :D
BOO!:ghost: