A new rule based on the issuance of special skins

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Re: A new rule based on the issuance of special skins

Post by MadMikael »

Tarlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:19 pm I love the saying, "Rules are meant to be broken!" Yes, that is why we have jails. lol (which I love seeing that this game actually has)

I would love to see special skins given for special reasons. I do think that it is pretty cool seeing all the players that have a unique skin. So far my favorite is Mrs. Purple Dragon GM :). If I ever become eligible for a skin I think I would choose something along those lines, even though my favorite animal is a wolf. Being new in game and seeing all the unique skins is rather inspiring, but after reading these forums thoroughly and learning the progression of how the skins came about it really is a little disheartening.

I fully agree that a special skin setup should be given for SPECIAL reasons. A player developed a new map; created and got implemented a new series of quests into the game; coded new mobs or new interactive structures for the developer that got placed into the game; reported some game altering bug/exploit and got it fixed, etc. etc.

Maybe since special skins have essentially become a 'purchasable' item, we could come up with a new system to highlight these type of player achievements. It would be nice to see a title system in the game. Player names are already displayed below their character, but for a character who reports and aids in the fixing of a bug/exploit maybe their name could read:

Bug Smasher
Tarlin

Or something to that effect. Additionally, when you inspect that player maybe their could be a clickable tab that shows all player titles, dates awarded, and for what. Sort of like an achievements system. This would be able to highlight a players personal contribution to the game and delineate them from someone who just bought 1500 levels for a skin.

just my 2 cents.
These are some really good ideas, that IMO deserve their own topic.
I encourage you to make a post in Suggestions about it.
Ways to honour contributions to the game, or similar
It is already common, to get written into the game in some fashion... many have been added already, and I know that more are coming :D
Yours truly may even have a mention or two.... ;)
(a side thanks to those who feel I'm worth it ;) )
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Tarlin

Post by Tarlin »

MadMikael wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:28 pm (a side thanks to those who feel I'm worth it ;) )
I vote for title of "The Virtuous Lion of Creativity and Beautification"
Rather long title, but your creativity and contributions through spawn development, events, and overall flare in the world certainly should be recognized.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Yes, for someone, a special skin has no value.
But personally for me it is an incentive to get the same 1500 lvl only for the sake of special skin.
For example, I would really like a special skin plasma golem for an archer and a lion skin for an ogre.For example, I would really like a special skin plasma golem for an archer and a lion skin for an ogre.The fun is that I even drew a new lion for this suddenly someone will like it and it will get into the game I would be very happy about it :)

A special skin has always been a stimulus in the play on a new character and not a play on one.
But now I'm very upset that special skin is almost impossible to get.

These new events with the refusal to issue a special skin of ogre Corvo "rino" because his friend helped him to reach the coveted 1500 and get a special skin.Then followed the decision to refuse to receive a special skin Kipers from behind again the new rule that you can not linger with taking a special skin although the Kipers did not take a special skin from the 1500 level itself and now it's 5900...and he still could not take the coveted special skin.About refusal in a special skin Cotne I do not even want to comment.

it turns out so that ways to not give out a special skin it is possible to think up still +100500 ways.
And all the FT players have almost no chance to get the desired special skin if this player than when that once angered GM who would approve or disapprove of receiving a special skin.

And feeling that the same thing can happen in the issuance of a special skin to my accounts, I lost all my desire and motivation to get the same level of 1500 on some other account and all those efforts spent on him will go to waste.

And I will say just in case:I'm very sorry in advance of those who may have offended the above words GM or other players.But I'm very upset that no one wants to solve this problem and just want to get away from it :|
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

The new line of no give special skins to shared/ traded accounts I can see it. Even they can share the forum account... So it's ok in my opinion. And I wonder if a player did share his account and when rule was made he changed his passwords will lose the skin? Because I think that there is many players in that situation. It can stop sharing some accounts but other will be still shared / sold. For example the high levels because the buyer will care about the level and for what I see they have their own account for other things.

For the new line I don't see it. I really don't see it. A player can take a break, can have real life problems and a huge etc. There can be many reasons and I don't see how you can abuse of this but well there is people for everything ...

And for the cotne denied , I think that when you want to make a joke using a " ;p " or something else will help . And there is many things that can take a joke to a no laughable joke. Some things should no joke about it. Someone can think that you are not lot joking or bad interpret. Maybe it was funny for you but did think what others will think about it...
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
Andrew333

Post by Andrew333 »

Mr_Maks wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:37 am
Andrew333 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:31 am This is all just dumb, you share accounts with who so ever and complain when an established rule says can't get this because you doing this. Hmm bittersweet to be doing something and a rule says you can't and the other side been getting away with it....still this is just dumb... example a land mine is programmed to where you step on it and if you weren't one of them guys that can disarm it guess what? You either stand there or die...put this into the rules since gms can't really know what the purpose of breaking a rule is, but they do know what they should do when a rule is broken give them a break hop off them for a while they only doing their part. Do yours
And here's the White arch user,lol.
If you think is damb then let's take away all the shared accounts of the special skins.
Why the new paired players must suffer and those who have long received their no?!
Either remove the new rule or we punish all shared accounts.
That's when the panic in the game will begin and right now, why does not anyone pay attention to my post.
then you will be whining because of this and saying that I will leave the game.
Your right.

I just wanted to know the clarification of this rule from the side and I did not hear it.
But I'm still waiting and I'll be hoping GM will make the right decision and will not make such huge game restrictions for those high-level players who have spent a lot of time and who are some real money.
Wow Mak my dear friend you need someone to guide you??? Because I don't Care about this rule I think it's great let all the cry babies come and say they weren't sharing for the benefit of theirs. I accept if I'm not eligible I'm not a white arch user but I am a WAAR member so if I not going to sit here and let you talk about someone I was in a clan with for 2 years I mean you know nothing, why comment? To put yourself on the spot or to get some s... off your back?. I do too want to know how this rule sort of works, but since a GM can't really know if you are saying the truth. Just accept it you did something that isn't right for whatever reason and now it is enforced, like blitzcraig said boohoo. P.s account sharing was against rules from back then I believe it was said on part where it said something about sold and selling accounts
Open your mind and suck it in. :lol:
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

as i said im not in favor of automatic denial of special skins becaise an account has been shared.

since its origin is a reward for players to achieve or do certain things in an honarable manner i would find it logical if it is denied to those who repeatedly have been breaking, rules,exploiting glitches and as a result have served several jailtimes. even if it wasnt that account who did that..its the player who breaks the rules, not an account.
however if someone ahares his accounrs and that account is used to break rulesthe owner is still responsible. so if his other alts cannot get special skins anymore, thats the risk he took sharing.

as i understand it rhe decision to award special skins is still made in gm team. i trust that they would take all thesethings into consideration and if youhave been sharing an account with another but that account and the players u shared it with has never been in jail or trouble you atill got a better chance to get that skin than someone who is known to break rules even if he inevwr did that with this particular account.

gt to that 1500 and see what happens.
"the examples iv seen of denialof the skin have never been based on sharing as the only reason.

sharing is dangerous. if you share you take the risk of geting that account jailed, even permanently jailed, if its used in breaking rules. you take the risk of not getting special skin and if its 'stolen' you cant get it back even if you can prove it wasnt you.
gm dont have the time to check these things.

i know of one case where a player gave his pw to a 'friend' because he had to go to real life prisson. when he came out he didnt get the changed pw back and it was before the link to email.
But since he knew sharing was against the rules he didnt bother the gm with it and just accepted the loss of an account which took years to build and several thousands us dollars.

my advice if you sharing is not to adverise it. make sure it is never used to breakany rules and if it is and gets jailed or another penalty just accept it.

ps. rearrow is never shared, not because of rules but because in clan politics it is very imporyant that others know who they are talking to what agreeing something with rearrow.
if you talk to me you know that its me.
Its already driving me crazy that often i dont know who im talking to when talking to an account.. for gm it must be worse because they deal with bigger problems
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

I think it's time to take stock.
The problem is not solved and most likely will not be solved.I suggested many ways to prevent future complaints and make everyone like it.
But no one wants to solve the problem now for when this problem arises for someone or then people will remember what they closed their eyes on before.Only a bunch of disputes and questions that do not lead to any general solution to the problem.

Therefore, I would like to know the clarification of this rule, or a small adjustment of this rule, taking into account all the circumstances listed above in the post.

Answer to Andrew,yes I could make a mistake in a fit of anger when everyone wrote off-topic and no one wanted to help solve this problem and they think that if I ignore this problem, then it will disappear itself, this is silly.But in the next post I apologized for the fact that I could offend someone in my own words.

Also I can understand GM are not sure about the current situation of the rule and I could understand that for a complete correction of the rule need time.

But I would still like to ask you to sort this out and make all FT players happy.
Last edited by Mr_Maks on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leone

Post by Leone »

We seem to be repeating the same points in this thread.

The rules can be found in Game Rules.

Mad clarified the rules on page 2 of this thread.

Whether we like it or not, this is the situation.

I can't see any benefit of further discussion.
death911

Post by death911 »

I am against sharing accounts. Its not an achievement if 2 or more people play and reach 1500. Its like 1 player got 750 lvls. Other honest players in game who don't share get to 1500 alone and by that logic have grinded double of what people grind by sharing(750).they have put double effort in the game than those who share accounts. So they deserve special skin. Sharing is like cheating. When people cheat in exams do the examiner pass them? Or do do they punish them. If 2 people play and want special skin then why not play 2 different account without sharing and make both 1500 each and get special skin on each account.
I have never shared my account and never will. I take pride in grinding lvls and lvling up my character. Depending on others to lvl ur account is lazy and in no way special to me.
But maybe if anyone has already has shared his account and still wants special skin. Maybe he should be given a chance at next milestone. That means if one's request for special skin is denied due to sharing at 1500 , he may he given another chance at 2000 lvl to get special skin provided he grinds from 1500 to 2000 hinself without sharing.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
jnez161

Post by jnez161 »

MadMikael wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:28 pm
Tarlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:19 pm I love the saying, "Rules are meant to be broken!" Yes, that is why we have jails. lol (which I love seeing that this game actually has)

I would love to see special skins given for special reasons. I do think that it is pretty cool seeing all the players that have a unique skin. So far my favorite is Mrs. Purple Dragon GM :). If I ever become eligible for a skin I think I would choose something along those lines, even though my favorite animal is a wolf. Being new in game and seeing all the unique skins is rather inspiring, but after reading these forums thoroughly and learning the progression of how the skins came about it really is a little disheartening.

I fully agree that a special skin setup should be given for SPECIAL reasons. A player developed a new map; created and got implemented a new series of quests into the game; coded new mobs or new interactive structures for the developer that got placed into the game; reported some game altering bug/exploit and got it fixed, etc. etc.

Maybe since special skins have essentially become a 'purchasable' item, we could come up with a new system to highlight these type of player achievements. It would be nice to see a title system in the game. Player names are already displayed below their character, but for a character who reports and aids in the fixing of a bug/exploit maybe their name could read:

Bug Smasher
Tarlin

Or something to that effect. Additionally, when you inspect that player maybe their could be a clickable tab that shows all player titles, dates awarded, and for what. Sort of like an achievements system. This would be able to highlight a players personal contribution to the game and delineate them from someone who just bought 1500 levels for a skin.

just my 2 cents.
These are some really good ideas, that IMO deserve their own topic.
I encourage you to make a post in Suggestions about it.
Ways to honour contributions to the game, or similar
It is already common, to get written into the game in some fashion... many have been added already, and I know that more are coming :D
Yours truly may even have a mention or two.... ;)
(a side thanks to those who feel I'm worth it ;) )
Смотреть