+4 Tools

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DaHobbit

+4 Tools

Post by DaHobbit »

What are you thoughts on +4 tools? Should the +4 increase speed only? Should it give chance for 3 resources (mithril gives chance for 2)? Should it not increase speed, but increase chance to 3 resources? Should the +4 tools be level restricted? If so, what level is minimum to be able to use them? Additionally, should there be a minimum skill level to use a +4 tool? If so, what skill level would be minimum to use?
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Mr_Maks

Re: +4 Tools

Post by Mr_Maks »

It depends on the complexity of their crafting.
And yes I think the pick and pickaxe +4 should have to give a chance on 3 resources because players have to spend a lot of time on this craft well, and generally this will be their main difference from tools +3.
The question remains over the fishing rod +4 and hammer +4.
Fishing rod +4 may well have a chance for 2 drop of fish.Since fishing has ceased to have such a value due to restricting the drop of things to 499 lvl.
Above the +4 hammer need to seriously think whether he should have this chance to build 2 resources at the same time.This can be an imbalance when your clan buildings are attacked and you can heal attacked buildings too quickly.But maybe those who test this update can check how quickly this will happen and make the right decision.

I like the concept of this idea and I think that it has great prospects if everything is done right.
death911

Post by death911 »

Well +2 & +3 tools are already there for mining and chopping. How about a +2 & +3 craft gear to increase craft skill by 1 and 2 respectively. Just a thought.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

I think they should work like other tools +X. So yes they have chance 3 resources for example and increase the speed 1 more than the +3 tools.
Tho, they could be so rare :D. Like... events-only items.

Or i have an idea but not sure if it can work:

When you Building for example with your +3 hammer. There can be a rly small chance, of the hammer to be upgraded to +4 when you finish a workload. Just a rly small chance. idk just an idea
Boo
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

I think improved tools (+1, +2, ...) should have a minimum requirement in character and skill levels
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

ardesia wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:57 pm I think improved tools (+1, +2, ...) should have a minimum requirement in character and skill levels
I disagree for Character's Level, but maybe agree at skill level.

I really really don't want to see +3 or +4 tools only used by 2k-3k players lol. Pay2Win + Pay2Build ?
Boo
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

_NICKPAN_ wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:01 pm
ardesia wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:57 pm I think improved tools (+1, +2, ...) should have a minimum requirement in character and skill levels
I disagree for Character's Level, but maybe agree at skill level.

I really really don't want to see +3 or +4 tools only used by 2k-3k players lol. Pay2Win + Pay2Build ?
Me neither :)
I'm thinking of a 50-300-500-... sort of scale
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
Leone

Post by Leone »

A +4 pick axe/ fishing rod / hammer and so on should be used by those who have achieved 'master miner/ builder / fisherman' status (say lvl 10?), regardless of their actual player level.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

+1

would the +4 tools provide an additional bonus based on character affinity? for example, mages are best at fishing. would they get an additional bonus by using +4 fishing rod, or just the % chance of more items?
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Me personally, I'd like to see a tool to increase (or decrease) craft chance by a small percentage, like 1 or 2 skill lvls worth. Making this tool would allow players to choose to build their skill more or craft a bit better at a given time. Skill points awarded during crafting would be based on the modified percentage, of course.

Since I'm talking about a tool for a skill which doesn't have one, I'll also say this:
No tool to boost siege skill should ever exist, imo.
Omnes Autem Uri