New Rules on Shared and Traded Accounts

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

Re: New Rules on Shared and Traded Accounts

Post by rearrow »

@death911

As a farmer i get up at 4-5am and go to sleep at 23.00 ish.
as you get older you sleep less.
As my own boss I love to work 15-20minutes, then grind or builf 5. i actualy plan work aroynd ft plans lol.
clean 2pig pens, hose down sow cages, play 30minutes to allow pigahit to soak,etc)
so you can see me on during 19hours a day. but i dont share any of my accounts.

Others i knoware rich, dont work , aint marrief and can play a lot.

then theres jobs where you can play like nightwatch, standby operator ( used to do a temp job which involved sitting watching tv and only act if a machine had a problem and switching a tape every 1hour).

point is that things might not be as easy as they seem
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Ryaca wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:47 am The good news is that no matter what is said here,
This WILL go into effect no matter what
Actually the good news is that we "the players" can still sugest, correct and influence.
you are most likely sure that the basic idea of perm jailing shared accounts will be implemented.
But compbatant is just one man and cant think of everything.
Through these reactions we make him aware of potential issues he might not have realised because in his country mobile infrastructure, phone quality, laws and accepted common practice differ from those in his.

If you read through the forum from the start if ft you will see that much of what ft is today is because of player ideas, sugestions and critisism.
The way it has usualy worked us that a change isannounced or made and people react to it (often passionately). In many things future changes are made resulting of these reactions.

As compbatant regularly says tgere is no real test environment. changes need be tested in real game andcan impact game.
big changes might result in existing cities suddenly being vulnarable or existing buildings which are sold not being able to be replaced. GM can sometimes help in these cases but it involves a huge amount of time in their part.

permanent jail is a bit different though.
It consists of basicly banning an account on which a huge amount of money has been spend, maybe even very recently.
A huge amound is different for different people and in different countries. it has nothing to do with google exchange rates.
Where i live the cost of buying 10lvs costs is what you earn working 18hours bend over in the rice fields.

And if someone gets permanently jailed he might very well leave game which means if later its found to be unjust jailing its hard to correct.

So perm jailing should be done only if its a100% sure guilty verdict.
i dont beleave automitic computer rules can do that.
and even with a 100% consensus needed by GM team thats only fair if they are aware of the complete picture and including local differences.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I actually KNOW that this will be implemented

compbatant is only one person but he has a full staff of GMs and Admins

They have already discussed everything that has been posted here

It gets me fired up when players actually believe that the FT staff/team don't think of these things before they post a new version announcement. They know what they are doing and are very smart people

They have already said that they will review each case and that it won't be an automatic action. They know what they are doing

And there is no need to bring up the very tired argument that players will leave FT. I've been hearing that since I've been here and those players never leave. There is a recent post probably from 3 weeks ago where a player was saying allowing players to buy personal gear will make FT crash and burn and that she was leaving and she even hinted that she was selling her accounts.

I saw her yesterday at spawn :D
BOO!:ghost:
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

@ryaca,
you get tired?
you have been playing 2years, you only seen what happened during these years. quiet years.

Again i urge you to start reading back in forum.
Theres fewer gm now than before . they live in different countries, have time differences, have jobs and often cannot eadily communicate becauae of time schedules.
they do the best they can but in practice they often have to react to what compbutant does and implement the decisions which are ultimately his.

the community has always been a huge influence on how the game developed.

stop acting like a veteran player, pretending you know it all.
you haven have enough experience and only know your local situation.
Others have had much more experience and have helped the game become as it is.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

I appreciate everyone putting their 2 cent into thinking of a good opinion toward my question so don't take it the wrong way when I say, I'm not asking anyone's opinion im asking the man who came up with the codes if my son and brother are gonna loose the accounts I created for them because they can't read or couldn't read at the time that I created them. My son is 6 years old I created him a account last year my brother just turned 16 and he is slightly disabled. I do log on their accounts to reset their stats or buy them pets other than that the accounts are only used by them. If they are at risk I'd like to know by compbadant.

If they live with you it should not be a problem at all. But if they live away from you such as another town or state or country any location that is not near you this will trigger the alert on shared accounts if you log on to change any stats or buy items etc and then it will be considered a shared account and the account will be jailed. So if it's in your house it should be good but if it's shared from distance it will be jailed.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I have read every post on these forums

Every. Single. One.

My favorite is the new version announcements

Every first post that you rearrow have ever made whenever a change has been made is laughable at best.

You actually are the one that acts like a know it all.

You think that ALL are stupid and only you are smart

That evidence is based on the fact that you ALWAYS argue whenever a change is implemented. ALWAYS.

Your argument says this: Without me this game would crash and burn and would be unbearable to play. Without rearrow the FT team would not know what to do. they must all be stupid and it's a good thing rearrow is here to save the day.

Pretty pompous in my opinion

Like it or not, this change will happen. Ryaca knows a lot more than you think about what is going on in the FT world

And yes I am a noob and proud of it And I will ALWAYS be a noob.

Put that In your pipe and smoke it
BOO!:ghost:
Lysol

Post by Lysol »

I like the idea. But it will never work. Gms are already saying they are all overworked. Now they bring this whole new realm of enforcement to the game. You know everyone you jail will have an excuse, threaten to sue for money back, take up hours and hours of gms time. There will be no time for anything else. Again good idea but its gonna cause pissed off players. Overworked gms. Stuff that truly need to be done fast to be put on the backburner. It will just be mayheym. Trust me.
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

If it's your favorite why are you arguing about others' feelings and opinions? @ryaca

This topic is here to inform, I'm guessing it was left unlocked so the community can post their concerns, feelings, etc on here for comp and the staff/team to see.

I'm not siding with anyone, I just wanted to point out that if y'all want to argue you probably shouldn't do it here.

Edit: Also, remember everyone has their own thoughts and opinions :)
Last edited by NightBaby on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Does life really get better?
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

funny again no arguments.
only critisisng others.
Maybe you should emigrate to north korea.
they like people who only agree with the official line, and clamp down on any critisism.

so, thats nmy return insult, now arguments:

You are totaly right that i react to all changes, its not necessary that rearrow does so, but it is necessary that players do so.
If you have realy read the forums you will see that it is appreciated by GM team and conpbatant. even if they dont agree.

With compbatant being a one man developing team with several games if you want to reach him on something important about a change, the new version anouncent threat is the way. that the one thing you can besure he will read.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

NightBaby wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:41 am If it's your favorite why are you arguing about others' feelings and opinions? @ryaca

This topic is here to inform, I'm guessing it was left unlocked so the community can post their concerns, feelings, etc on here for comp and the staff/team to see.

I'm not siding with anyone, I just wanted to point out that if y'all want to argue you probably shouldn't do it here.
there is the difference between ryaca and my idea o new version announcements.
he sees iscas purely informing the players
i see it as an invitatiin to comment and improve before implementation.