Ryaca's friends list

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Ryaca's friends list

Post by Ryaca »

Greetings

I have completely wiped my friends list many many times

I occasionally have players approach me asking why i deleted them so i would like to give some basic information to those that are curious as to why they have been removed from my friends list

Here are my reasons:

1. I am a ghost and a solitary creature and usually wander the wilderness and dark dungeons of FT alone and do not appreciate when i friend someone and every 10 minutes they message me asking if i can help them level or tank for them or if i can give them gold. I do not mind helping others at all but i am not here to serve players who want someone to hold their hand. I am very busy helping my clan and this is my highest priority. FRIENDS SHOULD NEVER TAKE PRIORITY OVER ONES CLAN.

2. If i friend someone and they never communicate with me i grow very suspicious. Since i spend so much time playing alone and it gets old when the only voices i hear are in my head. Send a HELLO to let me know that you are an actual living and breathing creature every once in awhile. I play EVERY SINGLE DAY AND HAVE NEVER MISSED ONE DAY EVER. although i realize that not everyone shares my zeal for FT and have real lives, i refuse to associate with the casual gamer. If you don't live sleep and eat FT i don't want to have anything to do with you.

3. I only have ONE CHARACTER AND THAT IS THE GHOST. i have no alts. I have a secret animosity for ALTAHOLICS and do not wish to associate with someone that has 20 alts. Seriously ppl you have a problem. Discover which class that you want to play and stick with it. If someone wants to have 300 alts then go ahead, just please don't friend me. Also when i message someone asking where they have been and they say they have been busy with real life issues when in fact they have been playing their alts and i find out about it it makes me very angry. I do not appreciate being lied to and choose not to associate with dishonest players. There is a player i have known for a very long time that i keep adding and constantly tells me he has been busy and i recently found out he has over 50 alts...removed. Go lie to someone else.

4. If you have alts in more than one clan i absolutely will not be friends with you. There is an issue that is only gonna get worse if players continue to let greed infest their hearts and take up way too much clan space on every different clan map with tons of alts and new players constantly complain that there is not enough clan maps. Being in more than one clan makes this ghost seriously doubt that those players have one single ounce of loyalty or integrity at all.

5. This really isn't a problem anymore i do not believe but if i find out you share accounts with others...automatic kick from Ryaca's friends list.

6. If i friend you and everywhere i go i get attacked by 5 crazed players extremely thirsty for Ryaca's blood that's a definite kick. I kick those players extremely hard to the green maze...let them find their way outta that map.

7. If you belong to a clan with or are friends with someone that i despise i do not wish to associate with you. SEE ABOVE INFORMATION. Also do not tell me you are friends with JAYA and try to friend me. Anyone that associates with that decrepit excuse for a human being doesn't deserve to be friends with ghosts.

8. If you message me bragging that you have found a way to exploit a bug and just think that is the greatest day of your life...kicked. You ruin this game and hurt every honest player.

9. If you are a permanent mute, I DON'T EVEN THINK SO TAKE YOUR NON TALKING BUTT ON DOWN THE ROAD. Yes i understand that not everyone is perm mute for being punished and purposely asked to be muted but seriously if you don't want to talk to others than simply ignore them. Be assertive if players bother you. Players that ask for perm mute i suspect have very passive aggressive personalities or have a tendency to let others walk all over them and i don't need anymore of those broken souls in my life. If permanent mute is your thing then that is fine and i understand that every player has their preferences but i don't need to associate with you. There is one player that is on my friends list that is perm mute. I would just like them to know that ALCOHOL AND FT DO NOT MIX TYVM. sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth.

10. If you are in a clan and you constantly message me asking Ryaca to help you kill other players, that merits you an automatic kick. I am a peaceful player and will only attack to protect my clan members or myself. So no i will not reward you for being an idiot and starting trouble with others. Take your drama elsewhere.

11. If you are an outlaw don't even bother trying to friend me. I understand that occasionally one will get an outlaw for defending their friends or clan members attacking a higher level that is unclanned. I completely understand. But if you have a black name every time i see you then i would really rather not associate with you. There is one player that i make an exception to this rule for but sometimes i wonder why i compromise my beliefs to do so.

12. If you tell me that you either don't visit these forums or can't use these forums get lost. I despise and scoff at you.

13. If i try to friend you and see you have reached the maximum friends allowed do not friend me. Stop being so desperate. I don't wish to be friends with one who thinks that every person they meet could possibly be their soul mate or their new best friend.

In closing i would like to say that i don't expect others to care about my friend preferences but so many have asked me why i deleted them and obviously it would be a nightmare to try and describe all of the above in game chat. That physically brings me pain just thinking about it. Seriously it really hurts and ghosts don't feel much. I really have been holding a lot of this in since its too much to explain for 45 minutes to a player in game why i removed them. Again, i totally understand that every player plays FT for different reasons and i am totally cool with that. This is more of a general information thread to share my thoughts and feelings with those that choose to read this.

That is why i created this thread. That way i don't have to repeat myself.

I only have 2 in my friends list at the momentand that is fine with me.

And remember...always remember...BOO!!!!!:ghost:
BOO!:ghost:
MadMikael

Re: Ryaca's friends list

Post by MadMikael »

Haha
nice read, and I understand all of the above - I feel similar on many of them

Really though, some get too bent out of shape that you removed them from your friends list.

Honestly, sometimes I just clean out my list because I feel like it, and want to be alone.
I made the choice long ago not to hide my main alts, I don't regret it. While I do have some unknowns, I rarely play them.
Like you Ryaca, I have a hard time focusing on more than one account at a time.

My mage is my fave, and so I play it the most.
My sword is my next, also my first (originally named MadMikael), and I'm considering trying it again.
All my other alts do not interest me most of the time. Most had a specific purpose, such as some friend(s) and I decided to try again from the beginning. Although I never play them, I keep them, as there are memories attached to each one.

But, for my mains, I've not done any serious grinding on any of them in years. (mage excepted)

Anyhow, if you want to friend me sometime, I'm cool with it - just don't bug me too much about GM stuff haha.
And no, I won't cry if you remove me. It's such a trivial thing most of the time anyway.
Besides, we'll always have the forum ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Np

Lol no i wouldn't bother u about confidential things

I agree that some get bent out of shape

I've been removed from players friend lists plenty of time and i don't take it personally at all

I completely agree with you for just wanting to play the game alone and in peace

I went to spawn tonight just to relax and do some fishing as i have been SO BUSY with all of the crafting items for quests for my clan and completing the quests myself and i just wanted to fish and be left alone

As soon as i got to spawn i was overloaded with green chat from players asking if i could help them level, tank for them, help them get drops from certain mobs, and asking if i had quest items for sale.

Strangely enough not 1 player asked me to give them gold. That's a rarity for sure

Maybe next time I'll fish on the beach near my house

The only person i ever see there is an npc that likes fishing on the quiet sands and shores of the beach as much if not more than i do. I wonder what his fishing level is as he is always there :D
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Personally, I prefer my fishing spot - has my name on it.
Maybe, I'm just partial.

Plus, I have not-so fond memories of that beach you speak of.
I've cleaned trash off of it far too much.
It liked to pile up behind that one house as well, thinking if you couldn't see it, you couldn't take it out.
It was mistaken ;)

It is nice and scenic when there is no trash there though - hope it stays that way ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Yes it offers me much peace at times

You know it's funny. I still love to fish even though fishing was changed awhile back

Every item i catch is like a little gift:birthday:
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I saw Ryaca fishing yesterday right across from me. I pulled up my quest log with the "find the demon that guards Ryaca's ghost," or whatever the precise wording is, but I only saw rabbits hopping around him. At least now I know what to expect when I get to that quest.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

SellSword wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:24 pm I saw Ryaca fishing yesterday right across from me. I pulled up my quest log with the "find the demon that guards Ryaca's ghost," or whatever the precise wording is, but I only saw rabbits hopping around him. At least now I know what to expect when I get to that quest.
:ghost:
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

WOW!!!! Interesting read Ryaca.

Well, said, I agree with a LOT of it.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Well hopefully it will give some the answers and clear up any confusion.
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

Hi Ry,
I can totally see your point, being rather solitary myself. However if you're ever near my fortress
Of Melora and I'm home stop in for some spectral tee and boo-berry scones