Why was I muted?

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Matthias

Why was I muted?

Post by Matthias »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this because I am new to the forum.

So this is what happened earlier:

I walked up to the starting area as a level 71 outlawed archer. I started asking the mod some stuff about pking and I could feel his dislike towards me immediately. I was standing on a bridge talking to him and all of the sudden I appear in the bottom of the map! It wasnt until the 5th time that I realized that the mod was putting me there for being on the bridge!

So anyways, after that I saw a level 19 asking for free items. I gave him 100k. The mod flipped out on me because I asked what was wrong with this. I can understand they want us to buy the 100k from ths shop but then what is the point of the trade icon????? So then he muted me!

Why can't we have freedom to do whatever we want on this game??? If you give us a tempting pk button and warn us not to touch it then why is it there?!

Please dont get me wrong. I am not mad, I just want some reason. I was going to buy a skin for my archer next week but now I am feeling very unsure about this...if I get banned I wont get a refund... Its a shame about this awesome game 😳

Please dont ban me for this.
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf

Known languages: English, C++, Java, XML, Python, C#, JS, PHP, Swift, HTML, CSS, Ruby, Kotlin, C, SQL, AJAX, JSON, ASP.
blitzcraig

Re: Why was I muted?

Post by blitzcraig »

note that I am NOT a GM, but I've got a fair amount of insight into the game... I'll try to help, as will others probably if you post in public like this. If you want to contact a GM directly, they may answer here, or you can read this

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15416&p=95717&hili ... +GM#p95717

Anyway, giving players gold is generally fine, and engaging players in PvP is generally fine. Blocking bridges is not, as stated in the game rules (which I strongly recommend you read fully) I'm assuming there's more to this story than you're sharing here, but that's an issue for you to discuss with the GM team, not in public. About the mute, don't worry about it too much, but do be careful... first one is short, but they get progressively longer and #5 is permanent
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

blitzcraig said a lot above that is correct.

You are encouraged to read the game rules viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560
They're found under General Information, among many other helpful things.
We also have a set of forum rules too, if you wish to see them.

Blocking a bridge can impede others to pass; this falls into classification under rule 9.
Typically, I add other bridges; but in reality any GM could act on you for this.
Keep in mind that GMs do not program the game, we simply supervise the game and enforce the rules.
Misunderstandings can happen at times, especially with all the languages used in game.

As for why you're muted, I suspect, that part is missing from your story.
However, I was not there, and I do not see the logs myself unless I request them.

As always, and as stated in the rules, if you have issue with a GM, you're allowed to appeal to an admin about it.
Admins have green names on the forum.
You can tell them your side of the story, and they can look into it.
They are the ones who supervise the blue named GMs.

If you do choose to report, I suggest you do not wait. By default, if you do not report such instances promptly, you're accepting the GMs decision. So do not leave it for several days. Send a private message to an administrator.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Thanks. I just want to play in peace
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf

Known languages: English, C++, Java, XML, Python, C#, JS, PHP, Swift, HTML, CSS, Ruby, Kotlin, C, SQL, AJAX, JSON, ASP.
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

MadMikael wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:03 am blitzcraig said a lot above that is correct.

You are encouraged to read the game rules viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560
They're found under General Information, among many other helpful things.
We also have a set of forum rules too, if you wish to see them.

Blocking a bridge can impede others to pass; this falls into classification under rule 9.
Typically, I add other bridges; but in reality any GM could act on you for this.
Keep in mind that GMs do not program the game, we simply supervise the game and enforce the rules.
Misunderstandings can happen at times, especially with all the languages used in game.

As for why you're muted, I suspect, that part is missing from your story.
However, I was not there, and I do not see the logs myself unless I request them.

As always, and as stated in the rules, if you have issue with a GM, you're allowed to appeal to an admin about it.
Admins have green names on the forum.
You can tell them your side of the story, and they can look into it.
They are the ones who supervise the blue named GMs.

If you do choose to report, I suggest you do not wait. By default, if you do not report such instances promptly, you're accepting the GMs decision. So do not leave it for several days. Send a private message to an administrator.
I think that the mod actually hated me. I really want to enjoy this game without all these bans for playing.

There are like 5 bridges now right? So why is this a problem??? Why dont we make them wider???

Also do you know anything about which programming languages were used to create this game? I am a game programmer myself so I can understand how it must feel when people say things about your game.
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf

MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Matthias wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:20 am
I think that the mod actually hated me. I really want to enjoy this game without all these bans for playing.

There are like 5 bridges now right? So why is this a problem??? Why dont we make them wider???

Also do you know anything about which programming languages were used to create this game? I am a game programmer myself so I can understand how it must feel when people say things about your game.
The game is coded far more complexly than many think.
Simple ideas are not always so easy to code.
If you're curious, you may wish to check out the development area of the forum.
I think, the game was originally made in Java, but it has had infusions of another language of some kind I think too.
Not really my area of expertise, but I do understand the basics.
Making them wider is not really an easy option at this time I believe; but a workaround is making more bridges.
Still, the extra bridges are only temporary (they vanish on restart), so you should be well aware of the rule regardless.

Again, if you feel you have strong issue here, please contact an admin. They have green names on the forum.

Matthias

Post by Matthias »

MadMikael wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:53 am
Matthias wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:20 am

The game is coded far more complexly than many think.
Simple ideas are not always so easy to code.
If you're curious, you may wish to check out the development area of the forum.
I think, the game was originally made in Java, but it has had infusions of another language of some kind I think too.
Not really my area of expertise, but I do understand the basics.
Making them wider is not really an easy option at this time I believe; but a workaround is making more bridges.
Still, the extra bridges are only temporary (they vanish on restart), so you should be well aware of the rule regardless.

Again, if you feel you have strong issue here, please contact an admin. They have green names on the forum.
Ok thank you! What if someone blocks a bridge while the mods arent online?
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf

MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Matthias wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:08 am
Ok thank you! What if someone blocks a bridge while the mods arent online?
Just because a GM isn't around, does not mean the rules vanish.
Although, some seem to think it does, they learn the hard way eventually.

Many things in the game are logged.
Players can take screenshots or videos.
There are a group of trusted players known as watchers.
Also, many GMs have unknown alts.

Just because a GM isn't around, doesn't mean exactly that you will get away with it.

Now, let's be clear on the bridge thing.
Like all rules (and laws), they're in place because someone is a ****.
For example, I remember one player would log multiple devices and block the bridges for hours, just to annoy others.
This is why the rule applies - it's something deliberately done to annoy others, and hinder their game experience.

But, almost all things are not black and white, or as clear cut as my example.
We never can truly know intentions, whether intentional or accidental is usually not clear.
So, for the sake of caution, and fairness, the rule applies to all.
Maybe one day, video games will connect to your brain and your thoughts can be read, but until then, this is the best option.

And, for the record, both the innocent and the guilty will say the same things most of the time: "I didn't know", "I'm sorry", "I won't do it again" etc.

Leone

Post by Leone »

We all can see the tick in the check box at login to say we've read the rules now, so we cannot claim ignorance as an excuse.
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

Players just love blocking bridges when a GM isn't around :lol: :roll:
Just yesterday there were a few bridges at start map, I could only get over 1 because people were fishing on them and pets were blocking😒
Does life really get better?