Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: Newbie Gamer Intro.

Post by Leone »

Jumped a couple lvls as well so good work LK
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Interesting times. Ardesia City opens it's gates to the public, and all of a sudden "everyone" is mining and chopping! Maps have been laid bare of trees. Mithril mines with standing room only. Those that have the levels to mine in not so safe places do so. What a rush of levels to be had as well.

And then there was yesterday! What a great day, I made contact with an old friend, GOLGREN, who gave me my 'Boot of Mass Destruction" when he accidentally {cough cough} 'relieved' himself on it. Although I'm not totally convinced it was accidental. But that's another story. Next day my boot was something that Iron Man wants to get his hands on to find out how it can be so destructive and still look like a Blue Spandex Ninja Boot!

And something else happened last night. So close to levelling but had to reset stats to be with my friend. And as we were walking GOLGREN said:
WAIT! GOLGREN HAS PRESENT FOR LOSTKNIGHT!
and an envelop popped up. A "+1 Level", I put it in my bag.
I told my friend that I have always said I would never use a bought level and he says:
YES, BUT YOU LOST A LEVEL TO RESET!
To which I replied: "True, so I will wear this level with pride!" and I activated Level 326, which is now officially LK's lucky number.

And, as usual with my friend, because of time zone differences, I spend that last part of my day with my friend and mentor!

Back to mining and grinding!
Last edited by LostKnight on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I can't remember when this happened, it was a while back.

This was MadMikael, it has to be, because he's the one that plays around and has some harmless fun with his GM powers that add a little spice to the game.

I return to The Rock one day
... and I see: Show
The-Rock_Gone.JPG
:o it has withstood wars, hurricanes, tornadoes and a direct hit by a meteor stone from space. It has a lot of "soul" in it!

GONE! {sniff} IT'S GONE!!!! :cry: :cry: :evil:

I WILL GET YOU ... I WILL PUT SALTPETER IN YOUR POND! :twisted: :twisted:
OH MY!
... but ... but ... but": Show
The-Rock_Invisible.JPG
I like this very much!

PLEEEEEEEEEASE Oh Great and Wonderful compbatant, wave your Magic Code Wand and make it permanent!
:mrgreen: To be the most unique house in FT! :mrgreen:

Hey, I can dream can't I?
I was always AFK!
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I don't recall ever removing your rock...
Plus, when I remove a house, I usually replace it with something...
Like maybe, an outhouse :lol:

No, I don't think it was me, but I could be mistaken.
You're not the only one who's "forgetter is getting better".

I just suffer from information overload on a regular basis - too many details for this aging brain to keep track of.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I do make Cashew's house disappear on a regular basis, but that is a little unique!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

MadMikael wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:34 pm Like maybe, an outhouse :lol:
Use to push those over as a kid. Especially this one house between the local corner store and a church. His back yard was at the junction of a back-alley "T" intersection. My buddy and I would hop the fence, push, and run,

One day we hopped the fence to find he had moved it forward a few feet. Will never forget washing and drying our cloths in is basement playing ping pong in our underwear. After showering and washing brown stuff off our cloths with the garden hose that is .... COLD water, really cold water.

Ahhh those were the days.
I just suffer from information overload on a regular basis - too many details for this aging brain to keep track of.
OH I HEAR YOU!
I was always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:49 pm I do make Cashew's house disappear on a regular basis, but that is a little unique!
I've only ever chopped it down twice:
  • once before I knew him, and
  • once with MadMagus when he returned to the game, in front of him as a "Welcome Back!" thing
... and haven't seen him since. :(

Come back Cashew, I will rebuild your cathouse (hmmm???) cat treehouse and give you a 1 year supply of catnip and promise to never ever chop it down again! "You can trust me!" :twisted:
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Well, I'll give it a rest and maybe just mine rocks with confirmed meteorite impacts to collect some of those for future use. Maybe raid nearby beehives for nurishment so I can keep going. :)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

As for the outhouse thing - you got what you deserved.
Pushing those over (especially if someone is in one) is a very mean prank.
Honestly, I give kudos to whoever pulled that prank on you kids :lol:

Oh, btw, pushing over those temporary plastic ones while someone is in one is much meaner....
If someone did that to me... well... I'd likely end up in prison if I caught them.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

MadMikael wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:30 pm As for the outhouse thing - you got what you deserved.
Absolutely! Not going to deny it.

The guy was a mean person, nobody liked him, but "we" did go back and tell him it was us and that our joke backfired and we would make sure no one else ever did it again, we were not to only ones to do this (push it over). And we made sure no one was in it when we pushed it over, third time was the OOPS! for us.

Kept seeing him at the "local corner store" on occasion and after a while, 6 - 8 month maybe, he mellowed out a bit and actually started talking to us. The guy that owned the store was a bit surprised, because like I say he was mean and no one liked him. Two years later I was cutting his grass every weekend.
I was always AFK!