Ardesia Storage

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: Ardesia Storage

Post by Leone »

Very good idea.

Thumbs up
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'd love for this to be free like the bank or northern tavern, but to support the game you could probably make this a purchase. Instead of $5 to increase bank storage make it the same amount (or whatever) to create a new storage. A related idea that I believe someone else mentioned is to allow extra storage purchase for bank or tavern and not just the bank.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

SellSword wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:59 am I'd love for this to be free like the bank or northern tavern, but to support the game you could probably make this a purchase. Instead of $5 to increase bank storage make it the same amount (or whatever) to create a new storage. A related idea that I believe someone else mentioned is to allow extra storage purchase for bank or tavern and not just the bank.
I was under the impression the storage extension increased both bank and tavern.. also, that it could be purchased multiple times...
I've never bought it (yet), but I'm tempted to test it myself.
The discussion I'm thinking of is here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15135
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

That's likely the thread I was thinking of. No testing myself on that, but it'd be a reasonably economical way to get more storage with a +40 storage. Someone with multiple houses probably has their reasons, but I've thought even if it was just the bank that'd be the way to go.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

SellSword wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:30 am That's likely the thread I was thinking of. No testing myself on that, but it'd be a reasonably economical way to get more storage with a +40 storage. Someone with multiple houses probably has their reasons, but I've thought even if it was just the bank that'd be the way to go.
Just so happens, I have access to an account that can do some really neat stuff.

I have confirmed, the bank storage extension purchase works on the tavern as well

In my test, I extended my tavern storage twice, and had 3 pages.
Note, you won't see extra pages until you fill the previous ones - so to see that you have a page 2, you need to insert 21 items.

Hopefully, this will encourage more to buy the item ;)

SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'll buy it to store all of those mining tools I'm definitely having success crafting! :roll:

Seriously though, buy four expansions for +160 slots total, so much more than a house at less than half the price. I mean, crafting is a major reason to have a house, but after that the extra storage seems to be the way to go.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I disagree, but that's me.
I'd rather have another house for my alt, than the storages in bank/tavern.
Why?
#1 reason - pet storage for my alt
#2 reason - I can make this house right next to my existing house (instead of walking all over FT to find stuff)
#3 reason - I can craft minor things on my alt that I won't need to transfer and switch for (although, my mage will stay my primary crafter).

It would really depend on if you have multiple devices or not as well; and I have more than 1.
Plus, if it's just storage I need, that's free if you use the oldschool method, from the times before the bank and tavern were added ;)

Really though, what the purchases all come down to is convenience - buy what's worth it to you.
The only exception is skins that are purchased, which are 100% vanity items.

SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Support FT and buy another house AND storage!

I'll chalk it up to personal preference. I goofed around a bit with my mage woken from a 4-year coma, but for all intents and purposes I'll say that I don't have an alt. I'm also not at the point where a second house would be a better option from a cost/benefit viewpoint. To each their own though and I respect that.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I've purchased the extended storage to bank and inn. I wasn't aware you can do this more than once though.

Interesting. Definitely something to think about.
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

When this map was being made, we discussed bank/tavern/private storage. So your suggestion is certainly not a new issue, and one that was discussed long ago before the map was released. As for now, the map will NOT have a bank/tavern type storage. Maybe in the future.

I do like the idea of purchased bank storage, but that's basically what a private house is. There are plenty of private houses for sale in Ardesia.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)