Gold pieces

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Nahgus

Gold pieces

Post by Nahgus »

I believe all mobs should drop gold

It doesn't have to be much but should depend on monster lvl

It could be a low % chance but higher than the 1\1000 normal item drop rate

So the higher a mob the larger amount of gold

This would make farming and lvl grinding seem like a more rewarding experience
Ryaca_1 is retired
SellSword

Re: Gold pieces

Post by SellSword »

That's pretty much what gear drops are for as you can juse sell. Farm archer field (30k+ gear), library (90k gear), trappers (450k gear), red crocs (180k-1m gear)... whatever your level.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

Sellsword have you ever played any other mmo or console rpg

Just curious as all others that i have played have had mobs drop gold as well as items

That is why i made this post

I always liked playing the older rpg's
Ryaca_1 is retired
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

i can see your point in a little more drops for monsters drpping at 1/1000 rate making things more fun.
early lvl monsters often dropped low lvl gear and some gold. other somewhat higher lvl monsters often drop very rare gear but also some cheaper other items more often.

i realy like the mechanism used in knights, ghost archers and others where you get 1/100drops you can sell in cities (to fund your healing pots?) and a rare 1/500 or 1/1000 drop.

ghost archers who drop common steel bows, the occasional swamp bow and even a vry rare diamond bow.
still excited when i see a small drop and focus to see if maybe.... no its the 32nd steel bow. well il sell them and get a bit ofvgold anyway.

it feels more rewarding then killing a monster for 5hours or 4days without any drop because ypur unlucky and didnt get a 1/1000 success in 6000 kills.

grinding for common drops to sell in cities used to be a stable method to get gold for gear. somehow recent (but otherwise great) updates seem to have 'forgotten' that and the last few years gold is made and gear is bought/sold from other players. now with tradable lvls rare gear is mostly available for real cash lvls.

ps when people got their gold from drops sold at cities and bought their gear there gear from shops there was a lot less opportunity for scamming with it.
people -npc transactions =0% chance if scamming.
people-people:.......
Last edited by rearrow on Fri May 11, 2018 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

Agreed rearrow

I would very much like to see gold obtainable other than just selling items

I would have certainly enjoyed being around when FT was first created
Ryaca_1 is retired
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

edited my reply to add a bit
Leone

Post by Leone »

There was a post ages ago about useless drops from monsters to try and keep you motivated from the one you want. That post (if I recall correctly) suggested v low level gear as it would make you look to top left of screen and wouldn't be a unfair bonus to higher levels.

I have to say I like this.

Why?

We can do quests, we can craft items, we can kill monsters and we can kill other players....but....let's not forget grinding. Grinding levels is where you get your levels. That hard slog gets us where we are. Slight visual reminders would help us along the way.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I understand your position just fine, and the drops are in lieu of gold. Give gold from mobs would probably require cutting back on the drops somewhat as well. Yeah, people sell things purchased with real money as well, and that skews many things as well.

I've also played plenty of rpgs and the like. Many of those you only care about gold for the first part of the game and then you're on to the "special" items that you can't buy anywhere. You still get useless gold at that point and just stockpile it for the rest of the game.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

So you are against gold dropping at all

I understand
Ryaca_1 is retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Nahgus wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:12 am So you are against gold dropping at all

I understand
Sure, almost what I said, but whatever you want to go with works too.