Gold pieces

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Nahgus

Re: Gold pieces

Post by Nahgus »

Yes i guess i just got used to games that mobs drop gold

Old habit of gold farming creates a feeling of nostalgia for me

Probably more likely a thing of the past

I cut my teeth on the nes with games like final fantasy and Dragon warrior

Never played the one in your screenshot but looks fun
Ryaca_1 is retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'm in the same boat as Nahgus. Played the first Final Fantasy countless times on the old NES and later platforms, and all of the later ones one or more times up through FF X. I was very proud about getting every character for FF6 up to level 99, turned into imps, and decked out in full imp gear through the coliseum...

Toss in the early Dragon Warrior/Quest games, Ultima, Might & Magic for the Sega (looked quite similar to the picture, and the picture alone brings back some nostalgia) and a smattering of other games and that's a chunk of my childhood. You know, when my older brother would share the controller! :)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

SellSword wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:40 pm You know, when my older brother would share the controller! :)
Sounds somewhat like our house when I was younger...except I am the older brother!
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

I forgot all about the Ultima series

Great games there
Ryaca_1 is retired
BroodingSnow

Post by BroodingSnow »

It might be time to give monsters in general a work over when it comes to drops. So many of them drop items way below there level albeit at a slightly higher rate. Yes ok it gives us stuff to sell, but with limited bag space id rather not carry a load of low level items bk n fore to shops. Perhaps as suggested a gold amount equal to 1-2% of an item that would be in their level range every few kills in combination with the rare chance of something good dropping. That way we generate money that we sorely need without the need of endless shop runs.

Not sure why we ever had to kill creatures way beyond our level for usable gear in the first place. Starts ok at the lower levels, then the gap widens. Just seems to reinforce the need for more gold.
If you think of the best, things can only get worse.
If you think of the worst, things can only get better.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

BroodingSnow wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 pm It might be time to give monsters in general a work over when it comes to drops. So many of them drop items way below there level albeit at a slightly higher rate. Yes ok it gives us stuff to sell, but with limited bag space id rather not carry a load of low level items bk n fore to shops. Perhaps as suggested a gold amount equal to 1-2% of an item that would be in their level range every few kills in combination with the rare chance of something good dropping. That way we generate money that we sorely need without the need of endless shop runs.

Not sure why we ever had to kill creatures way beyond our level for usable gear in the first place. Starts ok at the lower levels, then the gap widens. Just seems to reinforce the need for more gold.
Very well said
Ryaca_1 is retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

I'm not too fussed about monsters dropping gear vs monster dropping gold but I do just wonder if these recent quests mean we've reached an equilibrium. Gold now has a value and then some as we need so much of it. I think the scales have just tipped the other way.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Glad to hear about finding some equilibrium with gold :D

Still looking for some more permanent gold sinks, rather than just 1 time quest requirements so that we don't just go right back to where it was... but definitely in a better place now I think
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

blitzcraig wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:14 am Glad to hear about finding some equilibrium with gold :D

Still looking for some more permanent gold sinks, rather than just 1 time quest requirements so that we don't just go right back to where it was... but definitely in a better place now I think
One potential long-term sink is in the works, based on some info I found. Aside from that, I think clans need one. Some clans have BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS of excess gold collected over the years, and it will never be spent. I'm thinking that perhaps clan area decorations would be a nice way to do it, so long as it's not abusable. Small things like flowers or fountains. Nothing too big, but expensive enough they wouldn't be used to clutter/spam areas. They would lvl, but no storage, gains, or defensive capability. Just for looks.
Omnes Autem Uri
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

This thread is now unlocked
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.