Mining additions

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

BroodingSnow

Mining additions

Post by BroodingSnow »

Is there any chance of adding something like the chance of finding gear from fishing to mining? I know we cant expect a set of armor to be hiding inside a rock... Like it can on the bottom of a river, but if we were mining into the ground we could technically find buried treasures.

Yes, yes, i know we mine into rocks visually, that seem to be never ending even after 100s of people fill bags from the tiniest deposit. Ignoring the visuals, or perhaps changing them to some sort of coloured pit based on resources inside, it would be more of a possibility.

Contents of said boxes, as with the randomness of fishing items, could be quantities or gold, from almost nothing to in rare cases quite a bit or caches of ores, ingots and rarely even tools. The things you would expect to see in a treasure chest left by mining pirates... If they ever existed lol.

Just some thoughts to make mining a little less boring. Im not sure why, but i can fish for hours, but mining ugh! I know theres already meteor and soul stones, but that's really just the mining version of rare fish. To make all trades fair, woodcutting would need something else too, but thats for another topic(and i hadn't considered it till now)
If you think of the best, things can only get worse.
If you think of the worst, things can only get better.
LostKnight

Re: Mining additions

Post by LostKnight »

But then you'd have to add:

Soul Stones, Meteor Stones and Magic Trunks to Fishing, and
Soul Stones, Meteor Stones and Gear to Chopping

To make it all equal, which would toss the Trade Affinities out the window.

Don't see that happening. But that's just my opinion.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
BroodingSnow

Post by BroodingSnow »

The way i see it, they all have a base resource(fish, ore, wood) and a rare resource (trunks, stones, rare fish) but fishing gets gear aswell. It feels like theres more to gain from fishing than the other two.

I accept that normal fish arent used as often as the other stuff, so it may already be balanced as far as things go.
If you think of the best, things can only get worse.
If you think of the worst, things can only get better.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

BroodingSnow wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:39 pm The way i see it, they all have a base resource(fish, ore, wood) and a rare resource (trunks, stones, rare fish) but fishing gets gear aswell. It feels like theres more to gain from fishing than the other two.

I accept that normal fish arent used as often as the other stuff, so it may already be balanced as far as things go.
Fish are used to freeze players in PvP by: Ogres. When you fish, check their range.

Fishing: not so rare rare fish and gear.
Chopping: trunks and magic trunks
Mining: whatever you are actually mining, be it stones, for building in clans, to diamonds, rubies, etc. and soul and meteor stones.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

BroodingSnow wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:19 pm ... To make all trades fair, woodcutting would need something else too, but thats for another topic(and i hadn't considered it till now)
Keebler cookies!

Acts like both a 2k potion in game and a marketing tie-in (i.e., revenue) outside of the game. ;)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.