Additions to chat

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

BroodingSnow

Additions to chat

Post by BroodingSnow »

Since this game has people from all walks of life on the same server, all chatting together etc, what are the chances of an integrated translator for the chat? Ive seen such things in other mobile app games, and i can say without a doubt that they make a lot of difference. The ones ive seen arent always on, usually some sort of button next to each msg u can click on to have it translated. They arent perfect, but for those of us that cant tab out to google translate each time, they would be great.

From my own experience ingame, its mostly russian and english speakers, theres others too ofcourse, but i dont see them as often. As i dont speak russian i tend to just ignore the chat, however its not that nice to ignore a pm, even if i dont understand it. I find that some of the ones ive replied to dont speak english, so it kinda defeats the purpose of replying at all.
If you think of the best, things can only get worse.
If you think of the worst, things can only get better.
Robson jo

Re: Additions to chat

Post by Robson jo »

I already gave this idea and went no further.
(Mage)dude - lvl 2020

(Sword)SSweetzor- lvl 273

(Arch)One_Piece_ - lvl 189

One idea leads to another
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Some people must think M has a
→ Cray 2 Super Computer: Show
FT_Cray2_Server.jpg
for a server.

:ugeek:
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

When anyone sends me a PM in a language I dont understand I just write back "sorry, only english..." as a general response. It seems to get the message across. You can still be friendly and help out when help is obviously needed even with a language barrier too.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

What could be most useful is allowing the text in the chat window to be selectable for copy, and then paste into Google Translate. That way all the processing is client side.

Also perhaps allow the chat window to have a scroll option, 4 lines of text disappears very quickly.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Arashiko wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:22 pm What could be most useful is allowing the text in the chat window to be selectable for copy, and then paste into Google Translate. That way all the processing is client side.
Wouldn't that require closing FT to copy/paste?
Also perhaps allow the chat window to have a scroll option, 4 lines of text disappears very quickly.
+1k for this one! And sometimes, just as one hits [Enter], it "blinks by" so fast no one can read it, not even the sender.
I am always AFK!
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:56 pm
Arashiko wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:22 pm What could be most useful is allowing the text in the chat window to be selectable for copy, and then paste into Google Translate. That way all the processing is client side.
Yes it would close FT the moment one switched to Google Translate.

I wish that one could keep FT running in the background
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Arashiko wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:55 pm
LostKnight wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:56 pm
Yes it would close FT the moment one switched to Google Translate.

I wish that one could keep FT running in the background
My advantage, I only play on my tablet, at my computer desk and the cmputer is always online.

Many translators available on the "big screen". :D
I am always AFK!