Upcoming changes: Clans - Structures Upkeep

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

DaHobbit

Re: Upcoming changes: Clans - Structures Upkeep

Post by DaHobbit »

Cleo, wait. Nothing is set in stone yet. Everything is still being considered, discussed, and worked over. The final implementation has yet to be achieved. Once it has been settled, and you still disagree, quitting would be an option at that time. HOwever, I am really hoping we can all come together and find the correct solution to what is an overgrown clan issue. I seriously doubt the smaller clans will suffer much. It seems to me that the overall goal here is to allow more clans to form and create buildings instead of creating more and more clan maps.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

That as a goal seems reasonable as too many maps would eventually put strain on servers.
Omnes Autem Uri
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

DaHobbit wrote:Cleo, wait. Nothing is set in stone yet. Everything is still being considered, discussed, and worked over. The final implementation has yet to be achieved. Once it has been settled, and you still disagree, quitting would be an option at that time. HOwever, I am really hoping we can all come together and find the correct solution to what is an overgrown clan issue. I seriously doubt the smaller clans will suffer much. It seems to me that the overall goal here is to allow more clans to form and create buildings instead of creating more and more clan maps.
My only wish is to consolidate Trek into another clan. Most of my friends in the game are from one big family. Maybe that's what will be again. I'm hoping the GMs will help us consolidate.
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
DEMONS

Post by DEMONS »

No matter what this update blows big wobbly ones, an of course you GM an Makers wouldn't care y'all don't have buildings or have spent as much time on them as we the players have on our clans structures to see our perspective on this matter y'all are supposed to be here for the people not to terrorize and try to make a money racket to create more funds for you guys........
DEMONS
-FOCUS-
HAMMERBITE
DIGMEUP
GRUNDLE
CARNAGE
DEMONSCENT
DEMONS

Post by DEMONS »

The correct solution for over grown clans would be only let a clans build on 1 clan map instead of all them to free up space for new clans, easy an simple
DEMONS
-FOCUS-
HAMMERBITE
DIGMEUP
GRUNDLE
CARNAGE
DEMONSCENT
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Perhaps a simple option to merge an alliance would work.
Omnes Autem Uri
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I'm kinda speaking from outside here obviously (I'm not a GM anymore and also not an active clan member) but I would like to clarify something about DEMON 'S last two posts
1> "more funds for you guys" is not fair to say. First off, the GM team does not receive any payment for their work... secondly, the way to generate to most funds would be to cater to the few who buy the most levels, and this is clearly not doing that. it is an attempt to make the game better, pure and simple.
2> limiting each clan to one map may help some, but it is not the answer you seem to think it is. each clan would simply create multiples of itself and very little would change (BOB1 would be on one Map, BOB2 on another, BOB 3 on another etc) ... additionally, you've got the issue of how to deal with existing structures... no way the GMs make anybody happy with that one

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but I share this to hopefully make everybody feel better and trust that the team doesn't make rash decisions about stuff like this (we were discussing these things back when I was a GM, and that's a long time ago ;) )
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
timewarp

Post by timewarp »

It may need some adjusting....but the idea is a good 1
josh50052

Post by josh50052 »

this is harsh. a better idea would be to limit each clan with times 5 its total member lvl ie if you had a lvl 1000 a lvl 500 & lvl 200 you could have 8500 lvls to spread across all your buildings ? with a clan personal allowance(ie no tax on first 8000 lvls) then MAYBE make the tax based on clan building lvls so a clan with high lvls can choose remain high and mighty or drop down and have nothing to pay thus balancing the game and not punishing too much the higher ones a bit like the current UK tax system.
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

DaHobbit wrote: Nothing is set in stone yet. Everything is still being considered, discussed, and worked over. The final implementation has yet to be achieved.
I really appreciate the possibility players are having of giving feedbacks that are listened to.

I believe each clan will react differently to new rules, and everyone will need time to think about how to eventually reconfigure buildings and/or memberships.
Actions logical under the prospect of rules as Kollex wrote in first entry of this thread could result as very unfortunate in case the rules end to be different.
We are going to need time to organise ourself once rules are clearly defined.
Thus I ask to modify the deadline presently setted at june the 3rd to a day that will be a week after the public communication of definitive rules.

And so that they wont be lost in the flux, please take into consideration (A) adding fire and stone missiles in tower crafting menu and (B) allowing dukes to take gold out of clan treasure. This point should help those who will end up selling buildings and looking for other clanship to feel all their previous work and efforts (devolved under different rules) have not being totally wasted.
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message