Forgotten Tales MMORPG 5.2.2

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

DaHobbit

Re: Forgotten Tales MMORPG 5.2.2

Post by DaHobbit »

To answer your question, it has been a long time since I have played and I do not PvP or clan. So yes, I am only looking at the numbers. Maybe some of the players/GMs that have more experience in this department can give accurate testing results to see if the current system is still in balance (I know lots of work went into this long ago, but so much has changed).
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

you know nobody (literally) has written as much about class balance as I have ;) ... for what it's worth, I agree that it's still not balanced, but it's MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MUCH better than before... and PvE is taking a huge step forward too with enemy magic resistance ;)

not saying it's a finished process, but Compbatant and the GMs have made HUGE steps toward getting there
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Dr-Octopus

Post by Dr-Octopus »

blitzcraig wrote:you know nobody (literally) has written as much about class balance as I have ;) ... for what it's worth, I agree that it's still not balanced, but it's MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MUCH better than before... and PvE is taking a huge step forward too with enemy magic resistance ;)

not saying it's a finished process, but Compbatant and the GMs have made HUGE steps toward getting there
How about adding some more hp pots which gives more hp?Everything getting bigger like ppls lvl,maps,gamesize...so hp pots should also get bigger and better. :D
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
maleficence

Post by maleficence »

I'm not sure what the fuss is over the mage items. I've been playing a little over a month as a mana caster (fairy) and reached lvl 85 in that time and it feels a little underpowered compared to other classes I see farming.
1. All damage from spells are reduced by 50% the Valkyrie class skill reduces this to 25% and level 500 armour reduces this again.
2. While ARM has no affect on spells damage reduction. Dexterity does. (At least it says so in the game Manuel)
3. Mages rely on mana. It takes an average of 3 minutes and 20 seconds to refill. During this time we are pretty vulnerable. (Sadly many PvP kills against me are from lvl 0-16 players who brought a mob to me whilst I was summoning eldritch might whilst fishing)
4. Mobs brought negate the effectiveness of the green flow spell... And on occasion actually close PvP as it targets the spawn monsters around the opponent)
As for gear
mages have 2 gear slots not available to use.
Two. we get fewer items at sporadic level intervals. 10-50 level gaps between many items compared to the 5-25 gaps of the combat classes.

Of those items available to mages. Several can only be obtained through quests, spending, crafting, or crafting with items paid for via the spending. Without doing any of those options your relegated to lvl 30 robes until lvl 120. A lot are also obtained through item drops from monsters who are much stronger then the item dropped. (Low level mages must rely on higher levels to obtain them at the opropriate level.)
I'm not sure why you're complaining about the stat dumps into dexterity and strength either. Most mana casters(mages and the Fae folk) are going to dump 90-98% of their attributes into mana. Dex isn't important to us as it is for the combat classes; and even with a significant boost, isn't going to compare to the classes that rely on it. Meaning the strength boost is only going to hit on criticals.

Its far more beneficial for PvM than for PvP.
Lastly if you're looking at stats as the main decider in PvP you shouldn't be pvping.
Hint to killing a mage
Attack when their mana is down. Attack with a mob to negate the effects of green flow. Use a Valkyrie to decrease max damage to one fourth of its total. Boost dexterity, carry dagger to stun, carry that item that negates freezing/slow spell (currently dont know what its called) so your mob gets close. Have a couple of archers to stun and attack long range (archers generally get a higher range weapons faster than we get wands)

Use your brain and form a strategy.

On a side note. I got killed a lot as a mage. Dreadfully so. Its quite taxing and there's some sadistic clans that like to target and mob us when we are levels 25 and below. (notably the clan called EPIC.) Who would like to form multiple spawn mobs on maps to trap my pets and myself between them. (Fair warning newbies who read this.) While sorcery can lead to great power... Its path is often challenging... Level 85 and I'm still brought to my knees and to the grave by a passing lvl 0 with a whole horde of trouble following behind.... Never mind the occasional 213 who decides my quiet exp farming is clashing with their boredom.

For the mages. Keep some mana in reserve.

Dejahlia the despairing fairy.
It's the developers role to make changes that encourage gameplay in all of its aspects.
It's the players role to enhance gameplay and make it enjoyable for others.

Dejahlia(111) Faerie.
DejahIia (4) Freya (Valkyrie)
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Lmao i love Hobbs idea Joe if u don't quit crying over b.s. you developed in your goofy lil head your little fishies you throw won't help u when I'm after u lol you may need to start buying PvP protection AGIAN lmao.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON