Remove the 4th Swordsman skill - PLEASE

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Remove the 4th Swordsman skill - PLEASE

Post by MadMikael »

Not a new idea, but still getting complaints about the 4th sword skill.

Level 140, Slow Sword (or something to that effect).

This skill is not fair to almost all classes.
For swordsmen, it is a handicap, as most find the skill "useless". Add in the fact that it reduces your ability to use consumable PvP items.
For all others (save mage), it is not fair, as they only have three skills.

My swordsman has this problem as well. Makes it very difficult to PvP, as you're limited to what consumable items you can use.

So, Please, Please, Please, remove the 4th sword skill.
A possible alternative would be to increase how many icons are in the bottom right corner; but, the skill will likely still be considered "useless" by most.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
_NICKPAN_

Re: Remove the 4th Swordsman skill - PLEASE

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

MadMikael wrote:Not a new idea, but still getting complaints about the 4th sword skill.

Level 140, Slow Sword (or something to that effect).

This skill is not fair to almost all classes.
For swordsmen, it is a handicap, as most find the skill "useless". Add in the fact that it reduces your ability to use consumable PvP items.
For all others (save mage), it is not fair, as they only have three skills.

My swordsman has this problem as well. Makes it very difficult to PvP, as you're limited to what consumable items you can use.

So, Please, Please, Please, remove the 4th sword skill.
A possible alternative would be to increase how many icons are in the bottom right corner; but, the skill will likely still be considered "useless" by most.
+1

AGREE 101%
I posted this to remove it before a year I think....

Personally, I play years ft and NEVER Used Swordsman 4rth skill in pvp 0,0

When you unlock it, u cant have HP Pots, Antifreezes and knifes, u can have only 2 of em.

So pls remove 4rth Swordsman skill. Its rly useless :p
Boo
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I have heard many swordsman complain about having the 4th skill. I know most would greatly appreciate this.
BOO!:ghost:
Ledo

Post by Ledo »

I think that skill lvl 60 is useless too, for a non ranged class to can use freezing as a skill. Anyway I hope skill lvl 140 will be successful be removed, and swordman's will be more great than now.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! Those are the facts of this world! And you will all surrender to them!
timewarp

Post by timewarp »

Agreed....is very useless in pvp....and only at lower lvls does it help(very little) for killing monsters.....and also the post above about the freeze sword being near useless....I also feel that one is could go with little to no complaints...but if only could choose to remove 1 id choose to remove the slow sword skill.

And on another note a skill like the ogres dbl strength skill I think would be more applicable to a swordsman.....maybe not as strong cause as all know an ogre by nature is stronger than a human...but say like 1.5x str and doesn't bypass the enemies armor points like always crit does
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

I used that 2 skills, freeze and slow just some times and found them a bit useless . I desired many times for my sword a skill like the fury of dwarves, or a sort of fast multiple attack; for sure a character that must fight close to opponent/s should have opportunity to change movement quicky or it becomes a target that must fight while hitted.
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
VoodooKing

Re: Pack Slots for Spells

Post by VoodooKing »

But that still leaves the swordsman at a disadvantage since he still has 2 pretty much useless skills, especially for pve.
MadMikael

Re: Pack Slots for Spells

Post by MadMikael »

VoodooKing wrote:But that still leaves the swordsman at a disadvantage since he still has 2 pretty much useless skills, especially for pve.
Note: I moved your post as it's more relevant in this topic, about removal of the 4th sword skill.

Here, we're suggesting removing the slow sword skill, and maybe changing others.
Please, reply here.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

I agree 100% on removing this skill. I have never used it. Not in pvp nor while grinding. It is just a waste of space and I don't believe I know any swordsman who likes and/or uses this skill. ;)
Does life really get better?
bbardiya

Post by bbardiya »

Please remove this skill and freeze , then but a skill for PVM like dwarf's
A swordman never can grind lvl by himself. He always need a help from pet or other high lvls
Please fix swordman