The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Elgur

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

Post by Elgur »

After you give him the blood you get reward and then he kills player? I had thought he would attack anyone that enters his map and he now has +2 times speed. That would surely be cool. But then bread and grilled meat are brought, he runs home to mama to make him a sandwich. Hm..
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:44 am Elg. That sounds like a quest:)
Potential for sure.
It sure does doesn't it.

:)
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Ten years ago we had Telecom for the landline house phone.

We had Cablevision supplying TV and Fibertel.com.ar as our Internet provider. I got angry at them enough that I started calling them Fibbertel.

Then we got cell phones. Our cellphone provider was Personal. Nice old analogue phones that did what phones do, phone home. Then came the 'smart phones'. I'll just leave that there.

Then modern first world technology came to the third world Argentina, and they have "messed" things up royally! Over a two year period Telecom bought out Cablevision and dropped Fibertel email, so hello gmail - HATE IT!

Then they bought Personal, and all of a sudden our cell phones, TV, "desktop computer" and internet is ALL on WiFi. They renamed this new conglomerate: Flow. However in "fine-print" on all the bills it's there: Telecom on all of them.

Well, I cannot watch a lot of videos on my cellphone, cannot watch a full movie on TV without getting that little circle interrupting things (you know the circle - live streaming having problems loading) and when it goes away the sound is out of sync. The 'sometimes' solution: turn TV off and back on. Mostly its spend 20 minute or more on the phone talking to some monkey in another province who has a book of 'coined' responses to feed to customers. Has to be we hear the same Brown Stuff over and over again. It's really annoying when this happens more than once in the same movie.

But here's the kicker, everything that happens on the TV, I get booted from the game because it's all on the same WiFi connection.

The "techies" that have visited the house over the years have all told us,
"The problem is not here, in your house. It's a company problem. It has only increased since Telecom started buying up and merging these companies, they immediately started "pulling plugs" not 100% sure what the consequences would because they wanted to do things their way, rather than leave thing alone and make changes gradually."
Not a direct quote but the meaning is there and came from various techies.

So, lately FT has been a disaster. I have not been playing LostKnight much because I cannot "stay connected", and there is the 11 seconds of hoping my pets survive, "Thank you Telecom!" Come out of my FT house or shop and I have to shut down and restart the game. Cross a map and it's a coin toss as to whether or not I get a black screen or not or just as bad, a flashing screen that means the same thing: shut down the game and restart. Yesterday I had to do that four times walking an alt from yellow archers to Martek with a load of Fire Bows. Playing alts with shop pets I don't care so much but it's annoying as (koff koff).

Now to make things worse. Two weeks ago we lost our landline. The line is DEAD! or not, come back for an hours, dies again. "Telecom" is "looking into it" they say, they tell us the problem is with a line of theirs. My wife has been in contact with some friends that have been fighting them for months over the same problem. Mean time keep paying your bill! Like a new alt at start, "Pay billz plz"

The thing that gets all of us here is "They just do not care!", we can change cellphone companies, but others tell us it's the same with them as well. So better the devil ya know than the one you don't.

So due to technical difficulties. You will be seeing less of LostKnight and when you do he will be doing simple things, like fishing, chopping or mining and crafting his favourite things like Mirthril tools or maybe the 150 plates, I hear they are good for crafting XP. Will be doing this just to stay in touch with friends in the game.
CraftExp.png
For the last three or four days I have been going through all my alts sorting them out and each will come alive as I take them to shops a sell a lot of items collected over the years that can actually be bought in shops. Examples red yellow and green mixtures. I'll keep the red as not all alts can get to Biltzbee Isle safely. I have a lot of lvl 10, 15, 2o and 30 gear that was handed down as alts went up.

If I say on one map there isn't as much of a problem, but borders, portals and doors are causing me grief lately.
I am always AFK!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Sorry to hear that! :x I always blame Sebastius for everything maybe now he lives in Argentina and has a media empire.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

3 posts from Discord:
LostKnight — Today at 21:29 (2022-11-09 at 21:29 Local)
2022-11-10 at 01:26 FT date time
Is there a problem with the game server?
I can get on the forums, but having a big issued with the game itself. (edited)
[GM] Aogon — Today at 21:37
I was just on with no problems
LostKnight — Today at 21:40
I just did a test:
Downloaded the game from Playstore
Tried to run it on WiFi
- could not connect.
turned Wifi OFF and Data ON
Game worked 100%

it's my {koff koff} ISP that switched 'everything' to WiFi - even my desktop computer..
I am seeing
RED
right now!
First world technology brought to a third world country with no traning and it's like, "Hey let's try this!"
I am always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

I just hope enough residents there are complaining.

Power to the people!
Oizys

Post by Oizys »

Or other options that don't sell out.
Not Active
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Oh people complain. Doesn't seen to work.
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Putting this here as well as: *Help Reports* where I don't think it belongs:

I used [Delete] on a few alts accounts I did not want.

To be honest I don't think Comp had much choice.

There is a new law in Germany (EU) that states users must be able to "delete all" personal information from a website or game.

It is something we have been talking about for months in a Linux form that is undergoing a huge change because of this new law.

I quote from that forum:
{snip} more and more internet regulation (GDPR, new digital platforms act (redacted) we wouldn't want to handle indefinitely.
Do a search for: The General Data Protection Regulation

And that was only the 'tip' of the iceberg. Where our Administrator found the bit about members having the the 'ability to delete' all personal data I cannot say but it "was" quoted on the forum somewhere at one time.

Gull replied and I answered:
Gullander wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:28 pm******See above! LK explains the rationale, and it would be logical it has to be easily accessible then by players. I just hope it is double redundant and asks twice do you really want to do this? That's my suggestion.
NO double redundant but what it does to is this:
FT_2022-11-11_170712.jpg
Click the V and Steel Bars will be "GONE"

Click the X and Steel Bars remains.

Impossible to "mistake" if you are a responsible player.
·
·
Addition: maybe something like this would help:
FT_2022-11-11_170712.2.jpg
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

My wife received an email on her phone today notifying her that there was a problem with WiFi in our zone today.

No {koff koff} kidding! It's only been 'months' now.

Why the farmer did they connect my desktop computer to WiFi when it has a dedicated line going to the street.
I am always AFK!