Map 4 2 impossible rebuild south area

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

h4t3rz

Re: Map 4 2 impossible rebuild south area

Post by h4t3rz »

I think it only really affect clan FTFS with one wall. Can we not just get a wall placed to secure his base?
compbatant wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:16 am
h4t3rz wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:07 am We exspected a map but the build radius changed without notice some had open areas which can no longer be filled. It would of been nice to communicate be for the radius change took affect.
I didn't change anything in the game code. The build radius depends on surrounding maps so after uploading map 4.1 you noticed the change. Adding exception for this map would be an ugly hack which can cause problems.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
toosh

Post by toosh »

h4t3rz wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:07 am We exspected a map but the build radius changed without notice some had open areas which can no longer be filled. It would of been nice to communicate be for the radius change took affect.
I didn't change anything in the game code. The build radius depends on surrounding maps so after uploading map 4.1 you noticed the change. Adding exception for this map would be an ugly hack which can cause problems.
I see. But question is, what we can do now? For us it wasnt obvious that some day half of our base will be excluded from editing. If we knew about it, we wouldt build it here, it's obvious. We currently have 22,000 levels built in castles and towers, it was a lot of work. Should we sell everything? Maybe there is a chance to move buildings to another place?
At the end I am curious if the Dukes of the map 3, -3 knows what awaits them in a while...
toosh arch, lv 1000
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

@compbatant

For what i remember, map 4 1 was there before the radius was set (anybody could see It in minimap) , but building 1-2 tiles from the border or sell and rebuild was possibile. From programmer to programmer, this should t have been possible from the beginning.
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

hungry_wolf wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:42 am
@compbatant

For what i remember, map 4 1 was there before the radius was set (anybody could see It in minimap) , but building 1-2 tiles from the border or sell and rebuild was possibile. From programmer to programmer, this should t have been possible from the beginning.
Well I would say that yes and no. We did know that there would be a new map for long time. Maybe FTF didn't notice because joined recently to this map. What we thought was that the new map wouldn't change the build radius and would add a few more land where we wouldnt be able to build. Then the new map was added. Before of this there was only a hole (no map) . When the new map was added we lost "x" terrain because we can't build there and we could before. So I understand that we are here wanting for a solution.
If we can get the terrain back or add more where can't build would solve the situation. If not levels recompensation or move towers will be an awesome solution.
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

DAVEmanda wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:05 pm
hungry_wolf wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:42 am

@compbatant

Well I would say that yes and no. We did know that there would be a new map for long time. Maybe FTF didn't notice because joined recently to this map. What we thought was that the new map wouldn't change the build radius and would add a few more land where we wouldnt be able to build. Then the new map was added. Before of this there was only a hole (no map) . When the new map was added we lost "x" terrain because we can't build there and we could before. So I understand that we are here wanting for a solution.
If we can get the terrain back or add more where can't build would solve the situation. If not levels recompensation or move towers will be an awesome solution.
ok Dave, but part of es07 is in border, so u knew.
Anyway, i m not here to polemize , just try to see if possible find ANY kind of solution, also that clan or part of It can move in another place, with our buildings.

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

Yes there is 3 clans affected directly. FTF (and his main clan) , woot and Es07 . The others are affected undirected. Also LIFE clan if wants to rebuild will be affected
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

DAVEmanda wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:48 pm Yes there is 3 clans affected directly. FTF (and his main clan) , woot and Es07 . The others are affected undirected. Also LIFE clan if wants to rebuild will be affected
I know :)
I m not here only for FTF/FTFR, i solidarize with
all affected by this issue

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Dukes of the clans with base along 4.2 South border, please contact me with a forum PM
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
h4t3rz

Post by h4t3rz »

Thank you for taking the time to speak with everyone affected and helping to find a good resolution for everyone!
ardesia wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:04 pm Dukes of the clans with base along 4.2 South border, please contact me with a forum PM
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

I believe a public updated is required, since many did follow this thread.
The game staff decided helping clans on 4.2 bottom border with a (tbh very very small) action.
I've spoken with all dukes, and so far it seems that everyone is happy with the situation.
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message