New Rules on Shared and Traded Accounts

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

blitzcraig

Re: New Rules on Shared and Traded Accounts

Post by blitzcraig »

Like most things, context matters ;)

some entities disallow them outright, some don't - but prettey much nobody allows them to be used specifically to break EULAs or laws and such
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

OK, that makes sense.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

This is covered under rule 4.
If you use a proxy, you can possibly be banned just for that, if you've been causing trouble.
Any violation of the rules = causing trouble.
So, if you're one of those that must use a proxy, I suggest, you be on your best behaviour.
It's the kind of thing that we will be cautious on - and just ban/jail you to be safe.

Proxies have many legitimate uses; however, they are used for many wrong things as well.
Better safe than sorry.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

MadMikael wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:24 am This is covered under rule 4.
If you use a proxy, you can possibly be banned just for that, if you've been causing trouble.
Any violation of the rules = causing trouble.
So, if you're one of those that must use a proxy, I suggest, you be on your best behaviour.
It's the kind of thing that we will be cautious on - and just ban/jail you to be safe.

Proxies have many legitimate uses; however, they are used for many wrong things as well.
Better safe than sorry.
Very well said. Proxy servers are not bad by themselves, any more than guns, knives, or words. They are simply tools. It is HOW YOU USE THEM that makes the difference. Using a proxy disguise yourself to break rules DOES in fact violate rules, and can result in a ban (in some countries, proxy use violates laws).
Omnes Autem Uri
Travis44991

Post by Travis44991 »

death911 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:02 pm One more simple suggestions. Maybe that may help. No player can play more than 12 hours per day. Then need 8 hours sleep lol. And have other household works. So accounts online for more than 12 hours per day should raise suspicion being shared and should be carefully monitored.
Little late on talking bout this but I during break from school level for like 18 ish hours a day...
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

I fully support this idea, though I have one primary concern - That this code will automatically jail ALL accounts that match it's criteria.

For example, I hope that this piece of code will only Jail accounts that have been shared or traded post-release. This is because half of Forgotten Tales, myself included, have shared, traded, sold, or bought accounts at some point in the game's history, even years ago when the rule was not enforced. To now be punished as a result of the new code would result in possibly hundreds of players losing their accounts - including most level 500+ players, who often put money into this game.

What information does this code use to determine whether or not an account has been shared? It cannot be IP addresses, for they are unique to each device, and it has already been determined that the code does not jail characters used on different devices.

[Edit] Thank you SellSword for the confirmation. I did not have time to read through all 16 pages of this debate :)
Last edited by WARBRINGER on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

It's been clarified a few times that it would be for sharing after the post.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

WARBRINGER wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:23 pm
I fully support this idea, though I have one primary concern - That this code will automatically jail ALL accounts that match it's criteria.

For example, I hope that this piece of code will only Jail accounts that have been shared or traded post-release. This is because half of Forgotten Tales, myself included, have shared, traded, sold, or bought accounts at some point in the game's history, even years ago when the rule was not enforced. To now be punished as a result of the new code would result in possibly hundreds of players losing their accounts - including most level 500+ players, who often put money into this game.

What information does this code use to determine whether or not an account has been shared? It cannot be IP addresses, for they are unique to each device, and it has already been determined that the code does not jail characters used on different devices.

[Edit] Thank you SellSword for the confirmation. I did not have time to read through all 16 pages of this debate :)
It has also been pointed out that the code WILL NOT automatically jail an account. No code is ever perfect. It will flag the account for review. Once checked, real live GMs will decide if the account was shared, and jail accordingly.
Omnes Autem Uri
aang

Post by aang »

What will happen to those players who have lost skin?
Just something that earlier rules were not followed and everyone knew about it , and the punishment now?
Will the players who lost the skin again to get ?
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I think there's a slightly different way of looking at the skins that may be helpful -

losing, or not receiving a special skin is not really a punishment, but rather just the lack of a reward. Special skins are/were given for special things - a single player reaching level 1500 used to be special for sure... but several players using the same account reaching 1500? That's not really special at all, and so that account wouldn't justify being rewarded as having done something special. Please note that I'm not trying to ignore the fact that it has always been against the rules or anything like that, but frankly, that can be looked at as a separate issue from "special" skins anyway imo
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏