Re: Test server with completly new architecture

Post by Leone »

I'd love to see blitz return
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

BUG REPORT

FT Time 02:00 Date 24 Oct 2019

Just before this post, walking from Ardesdia to map 0.0 I was chatting via in-game messages with a friend.

IF I had and "unopened" envelope, at one time (2) of them, and crossed a map border, then opened the message, the messages did not appear. The envelope just disappeared.

To test I asked my friend to send a test message, it came, I crossed the map border, opened the message POOF! gone, no message.}

BUG REPORT
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:04 am BUG REPORT

FT Time 02:00 Date 24 Oct 2019

Just before this post, walking from Ardesdia to map 0.0 I was chatting via in-game messages with a friend.

IF I had and "unopened" envelope, at one time (2) of them, and crossed a map border, then opened the message, the messages did not appear. The envelope just disappeared.

To test I asked my friend to send a test message, it came, I crossed the map border, opened the message POOF! gone, no message.}

BUG REPORT
Fixed. Did it even work in previous server architecture?
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

compbatant wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:34 pm Fixed. Did it even work in previous server architecture?
Yes. If a friend sent a message and you did not open it until crossing the border you would still get the message.

This was different from trade requests, clan invites, and friend requests. If you crossed a border with those you would still see the envelopes, but tapping on them would cause them to just disappear.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

compbatant wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:34 pm Fixed. Did it even work in previous server architecture?
Yes! worked perfectly.

Two situations:
  • if you have a message open, reading it and cross a map border because of auto-walking - the message always disappears.
    • This happens in v6.8, and v7 Beta and earlier versions of FT v7. Understandable, but annoying as well.
  • if the message is still in the envelope it survived border crossings to be opened and read on a new map
In the version you just fixed, the envelope would simply disappear if not opened on the map one received it on.

Thank you for the fix.
Last edited by LostKnight on Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:48 pm This was different from trade requests, clan invites, and friend requests. If you crossed a border with those you would still see the envelopes, but tapping on them would cause them to just disappear.
And IMHO that's a +1
I am always AFK!
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

SellSword wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:48 pm
Yes. If a friend sent a message and you did not open it until crossing the border you would still get the message.

This was different from trade requests, clan invites, and friend requests. If you crossed a border with those you would still see the envelopes, but tapping on them would cause them to just disappear.
Those specific types of messages (trade/friend/clan invites) require the 2 players to be on the same map. That is why those vanished, and that was not a bug.
Omnes Autem Uri