PvP Score and Ranking

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: PvP Score and Ranking

Post by SellSword »

Not everyone enjoys PvP and wants to get stronger to fight back. I do not engage in PvP myself, so if anyone wants to say something about my manliness or suggest that I cry about it they are certainly welcome to do so. That reflects more on them than on me. People are welcome to share their comments though, both with and without thinking about them first.

The issue that has been brought up by a few people now is that the current system has greatly increased attacks. Some people have said that it simply isn't enjoyable and are leaving or are comprehending leaving the game. Concrete suggestions would be most helpful.

-Do away with PvP leaderboard?

-Change how points are calculated?

-Be able to steal some points from players that have PvP score to direct PvP back to those who enjoy it?

-Have a one-time purchase of PvP protection?

-Something else?

Legitimate contributions are welcome. Anything else please don't bother.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Poface

Post by Poface »

I'll get my tin hat ready for this one.... And I am excluding clans... Do we know what % of players get involved in non clan PvP? If less than 50% should these players have to pay to engage in PvP? At present, non PvP have to pay to avoid. Is this fair? As I've said previously, I'd be more comfortable with PvP if the 30% drop was removed.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Read back, I gave two posts with different ways of doing pvp. And those that treat pvp fair and aren't using non pvp players to boost scores(u know,those killing non prepared hi levels who have never pvp and then brag about it), those people would seem to be fine with fixing pvp to be more honest.
The only ones that cry when attempting to fix problems, are the ones abusing the game problems for personal gain.

BUT.....
There's this one thing that bugs me.
Let's say P1 loves pvp, P2 doesn't pvp. P1 sees P2 fishing .
P1 stuns and attacks P2. Now things take an odd turn here.
1st --> P2 is now stuck fishing. They can't attack,and since P2 doesn't pvp, no unfreeze or anything to help. This results in P2 having to log out. Now, P2 log out, but because they were attacked,they now sit in game, uncontrolled for 11s. Log in and find themselves at spawn, lost gear. Now they sit there waiting.
2 --> P2 sees P1 and says hey I don't pvp can I have gear back. P1 laughs, says it higher level, get used to it, and no I'm keeping your gear.

Now, one attack- one nicely explained I don't pvp.
Later on, P2 killing mobs, P1 sees them, runs up stuns and attacks. P2 again logs out, log in, on spawn again, again lost item. Again tells P1 they don't pvp. Again P1 says so, part of game, you don't like it, buy protection from me.

P2 is now enraged, goes to forum to state their issue. P1 again follows them and basically says, it's your own fault.

At what point do we say P1 has broken game rules, by harassing P2 and taking from their gameplay while killing them repeatedly, after asking for a stop. And don't say-- P2 can buy pvp protect and stop the issue. Except, this is free to play and a choice not to pvp should not require any purchases. At some point P1 should have been punished, and once punished, if player continues in same way, they should be removed from play.

Quit catering to these toxic players. Or this game will become toxic and the main base will leave,and take the money you make with them.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Leone

Post by Leone »

I'll start by stating that i am not one who enjoys pvp either. I do sympathise with many of the recent points made. I do not enjoy seeing personal insults on the forum, though. They are far from helpful.

However, let's consider something from a different viewpoint.

The potential difficulty with lestat's scenario is the aggressor may not be specifically targeting one player, but for reasons only known to themselves, their 'playing style ' (if that is the correct term) is to run around the game world indiscriminately attacking *any* player.

We've known such players over the years. The challenge to the GM team, though, is to sift through all this.

So, let's reread Ryaca and Akkilles' posts about how to submit proper reports. This will aid the GM team to investigate such occurrences.
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

SellSword wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:56 pm Not everyone enjoys PvP and wants to get stronger to fight back. I do not engage in PvP myself, so if anyone wants to say something about my manliness or suggest that I cry about it they are certainly welcome to do so. That reflects more on them than on me. People are welcome to share their comments though, both with and without thinking about them first.

The issue that has been brought up by a few people now is that the current system has greatly increased attacks. Some people have said that it simply isn't enjoyable and are leaving or are comprehending leaving the game. Concrete suggestions would be most helpful.

-Be able to steal some points from players that have PvP score to direct PvP back to those who enjoy it?

-Something else?

wasn't talking to you old man, get attention somewhere else
I'm the palm between the two swords
-
-
-
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

Lestat wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:22 pm Read back, I gave two posts with different ways of doing pvp. And those that treat pvp fair and aren't using non pvp players to boost scores(u know,those killing non prepared hi levels who have never pvp and then brag about it), those people would seem to be fine with fixing pvp to be more honest.
The only ones that cry when attempting to fix problems, are the ones abusing the game problems for personal gain.

BUT.....
There's this one thing that bugs me.
Let's say P1 loves pvp, P2 doesn't pvp. P1 sees P2 fishing .
P1 stuns and attacks P2. Now things take an odd turn here.
1st --> P2 is now stuck fishing. They can't attack,and since P2 doesn't pvp, no unfreeze or anything to help. This results in P2 having to log out. Now, P2 log out, but because they were attacked,they now sit in game, uncontrolled for 11s. Log in and find themselves at spawn, lost gear. Now they sit there waiting.
2 --> P2 sees P1 and says hey I don't pvp can I have gear back. P1 laughs, says it higher level, get used to it, and no I'm keeping your gear.

Now, one attack- one nicely explained I don't pvp.
Later on, P2 killing mobs, P1 sees them, runs up stuns and attacks. P2 again logs out, log in, on spawn again, again lost item. Again tells P1 they don't pvp. Again P1 says so, part of game, you don't like it, buy protection from me.

P2 is now enraged, goes to forum to state their issue. P1 again follows them and basically says, it's your own fault.

At what point do we say P1 has broken game rules, by harassing P2 and taking from their gameplay while killing them repeatedly, after asking for a stop. And don't say-- P2 can buy pvp protect and stop the issue. Except, this is free to play and a choice not to pvp should not require any purchases. At some point P1 should have been punished, and once punished, if player continues in same way, they should be removed from play.

Quit catering to these toxic players. Or this game will become toxic and the main base will leave,and take the money you make with them.
Legit true, however, if constant camping on player for a reason or without can result in jail for harassment, and I killed Melkor twice and each between 3 or more days in between. So cry as much as you want guys

Thank you lestat for this example.
I'm the palm between the two swords
-
-
-
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Here is a suggestion. If you NEVER want to PVP then Never kill anyone and your PVP score is zero(0). PVP score zero you cannot be attacked. Whenever score board resets (I haven't seen it happen yet) then you can choose again. One kill and protection ceases. Point is we have an indicator now that tells a player's inclination perhaps there is a way to reward that as well? If you PVP you are rewarded then and if you don't PVP you are rewarded also. It seems logical to me that both styles should have recognition and both can play the game in the style they prefer and not one style at the expense of the other.

One reason the pvp board was implemented was because their was an outcry about pvp reward dwindling and players quitting. Now the shoe is on the other foot will it be ignored?
Retired
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Ok cool, since you want to use my post, here's my issue.

1st time you attacked, I bet he said no pvp, you continued to attack, he logged, you got kill and boost in points. (Ok no foul right?)
Except, the no pvp, is basically him letting you know your attacks are unwanted and a disruption to his gameplay. And rules aren't really clear here, so this is allowed, without consequences. Fine.

Now, here's where I believe the issue arises
You now know two things.
One is, killing said player gives big boost to your "points" and they won't fight back, so easy points. Secondly, you know they don't want pvp, this is how they choose to play.

Now if we were honest, after being told they don't pvp, this player should NOT be a target ever again. Yet, you decided to do this again. You took advantage of a situation to reap benefits. This should be no different than bug abuse.

But what makes this bad situation worse, not only have you disregarded his request of being left alone in game, you then come to forum and continue to assault him. This shows harassment. Also shows much on your character as a person, but we won't get into that.

So again, I ask, at what point does it become punishable to completely ignore a players request to be left alone to play the game?
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Gullander wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:32 pm Here is a suggestion. If you NEVER want to PVP then Never kill anyone and your PVP score is zero(0). PVP score zero you cannot be attacked. Whenever score board resets (I haven't seen it happen yet) then you can choose again. One kill and protection ceases. Point is we have an indicator now that tells a player's inclination perhaps there is a way to reward that as well? If you PVP you are rewarded then and if you don't PVP you are rewarded also. It seems logical to me that both styles should have recognition and both can play the game in the style they prefer and not one style at the expense of the other.

One reason the pvp board was implemented was because their was an outcry about pvp reward dwindling and players quitting. Now the shoe is on the other foot will it be ignored?

Except if a score of zero stops any targeting, noone could ever initiate combat.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

coolguy wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:18 pm
SellSword wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:56 pm Not everyone enjoys PvP and wants to get stronger to fight back. I do not engage in PvP myself, so if anyone wants to say something about my manliness or suggest that I cry about it they are certainly welcome to do so. That reflects more on them than on me. People are welcome to share their comments though, both with and without thinking about them first.

-Something else?

wasn't talking to you old man, get attention somewhere else
I wasn't talking to you either, but if that is what you would like to contribute to the discussion it is up to you.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.