Abuse of updates

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

mYHome

Abuse of updates

Post by mYHome »

New changes have been made for convenience, and players enjoy it !!
But why do you lose your mind and use new changes senselessly ??
The motto tape was created to write a few words about yourself !! Why do you write obscene words there ???
When you decorate your clothes you give it a new name !!!
The name of the clothes should be within reasonable !! Why do you use bad words there ??
Where is your mind ?? Children also play this game, they see everything and take a bad example !!!
Last edited by mYHome on Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Life is a precious gift, don't waste it
Value yourself and your time
Ayoub

Re: Don't lose your mind !!

Post by Ayoub »

Better report it than post it here. Inappropriate name.
#We're all in the same game, just different levels#
#Dealing with the same hell, just different devils#

#Calmness is the cradle of power#
LostKnight

Re: Don't lose your mind !!

Post by LostKnight »

Ayoub wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:21 pm Better report it than post it here. Inappropriate name.
That IS the correct thing to do.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
NightBaby

Re: Abuse of updates

Post by NightBaby »

Not only is the name inappropriate, there is foul language in the background of your screenshot. This is not allowed and as you've been told should be reported and post deleted. The posting on public forum and discord are unnecessary and reports should always go directly to the GM inbox!
Does life really get better?
mYHome

Post by mYHome »

NightBaby wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:16 pm Not only is the name inappropriate, there is foul language in the background of your screenshot. This is not allowed and as you've been told should be reported and post deleted. The posting on public forum and discord are unnecessary and reports should always go directly to the GM inbox!
I deleted the screenshot !! but the message needs to be read by everyone !! and draw conclusions
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

mYHome wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:19 pm I deleted the screenshot !! but the message needs to be read by everyone !! and draw conclusions
No the message should be deleted as well, It is a part of the report.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Although you had the best of intentions, by posting that you broke forum rule 2 and as such there is the possibility of being punished yourself.

Forum rules: https://forum.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopi ... =25&t=1006

As has been described, in future GM Inbox is the appropriate place.

I do agree that the username is highly inappropriate though!
mYHome

Post by mYHome »

Leone wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:38 pm Although you had the best of intentions, by posting that you broke forum rule 2 and as such there is the possibility of being punished yourself.

Forum rules: https://forum.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopi ... =25&t=1006

As has been described, in future GM Inbox is the appropriate place.

I do agree that the username is highly inappropriate though!
the word in the screenshot was sketched
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

That is so unfortunate! I really hate it that changes that are made to be fun go sideways instead and get abused. But that is a risk in freedom of expression you can say anything as long as it doesn't intentionally hurt someone. In regard to updates and mottos there sadly is a second party but that party has chosen to read others mottos or look at anothers equipment. There is a choice made by both. We make these choices in real life all the time..if we like or dislike what someone is saying but unless it is directly meant for us we are observers only and make judgement about future contact. This is a small criticism now I have to say...before releasing something new all the questions should be asked how even something well intentioned might be problematic. For instance there should be a faq page about updates telling what it does and doesn't do and what you can and cannot do and the consequences. This possibility should have been anticipated and the usual swear filter applied and the possibility of yet another burden placed upon the GM team by an update that they have to police lewd or inappropriate language. I like the updates and helps make the game feel more personal. I am sorry some ruin it and make more work for the GM team to protect younger players. But I do have to repeat also the choice to view another player is entirely our own and we are likely to be surprised to the good or the bad.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Any character name, renamed gear, or motto is all subject to the same rules. Many times characters are created and the name isn't caught for awhile. Nothing to get all worked up about but a simple report for any of those things is the way to go.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.