Daily Mage quest adjustments?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Daily Mage quest adjustments?

Post by Gullander »

I got to wondering why the pattern for how many items are required is out of balance for some requests.

Here are the discrepancies

The dragon head (drop rate .3%) asks for 1 but the dragon scales (drop rate .3%) asks for 2!
This makes these quests off too ... swamp hide (drop rate .2%) asks for two and the fiery ember (drop rate .2% or .1%) asks for 2 also.

My recommendation is to change the dragon scales request to 1 instead of 2 and the swamp hide to 1 and fiery ember to 1.

Consideration might also be given for exoskeletons at 1% drop to 4-5 instead of 10 since mushy bones and mino hides at 5% drop ask for 20. Spectre dust is also 1% but only asks for 1 for quest!
Retired
mYHome

Re: Daily Mage quest adjustments?

Post by mYHome »

I think when creating quests, no one paid attention to it))
Life is a precious gift, don't waste it
Value yourself and your time
Leone

Post by Leone »

It's been a while as I'm in the top tier of those quests on a loop, but you're right!
https://forum.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopi ... ks#p126523

I agree with Gull. The dragon scales have the same drop rate as the dragon heads, so why ask for more of one than the other?

Good observation:)
justj99

Post by justj99 »

I notice that I certainly get more Mystic Dragons (pink) than Cryptic Dragons (blue/purple/whatever). They are variants, so if the cryptic spawns half as often as the mystic, then it might still make sense.

Is that the case? I don't have any way to tell for sure. But, it's something to consider. I guess you could try to keep count for 100 or so for an idea of the percentage.

As for the other drop rates, if one takes twice as long to kill (or something), then it could also make sense, I guess. I haven't looked at any of those factors with regards to the other mobs though.
Leone

Post by Leone »

That's a point about the mystic and cryptic dragons. I'll try and remember to check next time I'm there.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Adjusting the requests by a combination of the factors of monster kill difficulty and drop rate seems like a good idea. "Easier" monsters, even with a low drop rate, would still be killed a lot more, increasing drops per hour. That could affect the overall difficulty of some of the mage's requests, without altering the rewards.
Omnes Autem Uri
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I drop items for an alt I have at the beginning tier of quests and I sure notice these differences. It is pretty easy to grab 20 mushy bones but those 10 exoskeletons seem to take a lot longer.

Keep in mind that the 2 dragon scales are also at a lower tier of quests than the 1 dragon head. Not only 2x the requirement but also at lower levels.

The argument for keeping it as it is would I suppose be that nothing says it has to be equal. Some quests you like better than others. (Nobody complains that 30 regular planks for the quartermaster is too easy after all.)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

NICE catch Gull.
Very nice indeed.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

SellSword wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:51 am The argument for keeping it as it is would I suppose be that nothing says it has to be equal. Some quests you like better than others. (Nobody complains that 30 regular planks for the quartermaster is too easy after all.)
A valid point to make. For example, many players bypass certain requests of the 2k altar for the same reason (gamble a 200 wand? No ty).
Other games I've played also have undesirable repeatables that players prefer to skip over.
Omnes Autem Uri
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Of course part of the equation is promoting the cooperation of players to achieve goals. The difficulty to get items make a market for them...for instance getting a fairy wing. But I also know first-hand what is required in some tiers is hard for the beginning of the level spread and more doable towards the end. For instance 20 mino hides...yes at level 600 you can kill them...but unless you have halflings and are extremely careful it is quite an undertaking. The reward though is the same. And you shouldn't have to make a $ purchase of a pet to do it. I think scales might fall in that category. To drop 2 scales at level 1000 is different than dropping one head at 2000. And yes there isn't any reason why everything should be equal in it's ease or difficulty to obtain but I do consider that the reward is the same easy or hard. I just think players ought to be encouraged to play not discouraged. It's easy to say at 1000, 2000, or beyond it isn't that hard but ask a 300, or 600 or someone new to the tier with scales what they think.
Retired