Gold hoard adjustment?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Gold hoard adjustment?

Post by Gullander »

As the game goes on the addition of quests requiring certain items changes and the purchase cost in trade adjusts upward also. Some go down as well as shops open up or new monsters are added making drops easier to acquire. I'd like us to consider the cryptic and mystic dragon drops.

At present the cryptic dragon drops a head at .3% often for sale at 200m or more
At present the mystic dragon drops a scale at .3% often selling at 150m or more

Here's the odd part to consider adjusting. The mystic dragon may also drop a hoard of gold at .1%.
It is the hardest drop and how much is it worth? Only 10m gold! :o

I think being the most difficult drop it ought to have a higher value than the others, perhaps 100m instead. I suggest 100m because the heads and scales though worth more you do have to find a buyer for them.
Retired
Akkilles

Re: Gold hoard adjustment?

Post by Akkilles »

Good point and I'm sure there are plenty of those hard drops you could add in your list.
+1

That would also reduce "sellers" chat at startmap and let GM'S work in much calmer environments, well if I'm allowed to wish for something :lol:
Game Admin
Akkilles ☆Active☆
(I'll answer when i have time)

--> I hope everyone the best in life.

With great
power

Comes great
Responsibility

Useful link:
GAME RULES
Forum Rules
Leone

Post by Leone »

A very good point.

I had two drops at the mystic dragons cave yesterday. Both were the gold drop, which was a bit disappointing to say the least!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I don't mind having gold drop, but it definitely is an odd drop rate there. Early level mobs have small gold drops at a fairly high rate but other than those mobs there isn't much that gives you just gold. Since prices have become inflated on most things now there probably aren't many (any?) players that grind for actual gold drops anyhow, but why not have some?

Not necessarily 10m gold drops.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

It is a funny drop for sure. Eliminate it or make it worth while: 250M

Like Akk: I'm allowed a wish too!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Defkano

Post by Defkano »

Dang...dragons is the place to be haha.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Idk, y'all. The value of gold already ingame is HIGHLY inflated, due to players mass crafting for profit, or grinding easier drops. Just look at pet prices at start map. Rather than increase gold drops, we need less gold being brought into the game overall. Only then will the economy recover.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:51 am Idk, y'all. The value of gold already ingame is HIGHLY inflated, due to players mass crafting for profit, or grinding easier drops. Just look at pet prices at start map. Rather than increase gold drops, we need less gold being brought into the game overall. Only then will the economy recover.
Now there's a though!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:51 am Idk, y'all. The value of gold already ingame is HIGHLY inflated, due to players mass crafting for profit, or grinding easier drops. Just look at pet prices at start map. Rather than increase gold drops, we need less gold being brought into the game overall. Only then will the economy recover.
I don't think there is much danger of dragon hoard drop being a sought after commodity. These drops were determined at a different point in FT history where pets were probably still 2b to buy. And it depends on who you ask about how easy it is to make lots of gold. I haven't found any way to mass raise gold easily unless you are talking about my ogres fishing prowess! :lol: It's a lot of work otherwise unless I choose to spend real money and resell something in game for gold. I do agree the economy needs to revert somewhat though.
Retired