Forgotten Tales beta 8.18.1

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

sedak

Re: Forgotten Tales beta 8.18.1

Post by sedak »

compbatant wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:28 pm There are plenty of new features.

For all players:
Displaying background for items in conversation window - it should be better visible during AFK check.
Translating players motto using long click.
Work ranking. You will get one point per 100 work. Currently there is small bug and you points are not divided by 100. It will be fixed soon.
Enemies can follow you if they are close to you when changing maps.
New skill: digging. New tool: shovel. It will be used in quests and probably in something else too ;)
More buttons in toolbox.
New skin: Club Stan with Shield - I will enable it later. Created by Fatih4520. Thanks!
Many quests were fixed or improved (Thanks to justj99!)

For map makers:
Chests can store multiple items. Separate items IDs by space or put in new line.
Items parameters are displayed in 3 lines.
Constructions! - special buildings which can bu used in some events. Players must unite to build something to get somewhere ;)
For example build long bridge to get to the treasure island.
Rocks which can be removed after certain time of mining - this can be used also to create events.
Quests can require certain amount of work like mining, digging, building etc in certain position to activate it.
More details soon on map makers thread.

For translators:
You can open quests which need to be translated from certain map:
/t 3.3
This will open all quests added to map 3.3
Load quest from specified map and position.
/t 3.3.80.80
There were also some bug fixes.

For GMs:
Spawns can be executed from toolbox buttons. It will be easier to make spawn parties.
You can create your own toolbox buttons for spawns you need.
Small improvements in jail command (putting players in random cells).
More details will be available in GM sub forum ;)
Co potrzebne, że działała komenda "/t" ?
Kiedyś miałem tłumaczyć na polski, ale czasu nie było, a pojedyńcze questy bym mógł potłumaczyć w wolnej chwili.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Google Translation:
"What do I need the "/ t" command to work?
Once I was supposed to translate into Polish, but there was no time, and I could translate individual quests in my free time."

You can still translate in your free time. If you go on test as a translator account, and use /t, then someone else doesn't need to prepare the quest files and send them to you separately.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

?

Explain me !

I will translate all into german language ! Its missed on most quest/items

Send me instructions how the translation i can do.

Once before a map opened the creator contacted me and sended me the file that have to be translated.
and now... ???
DUKE of SK-Clan
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

SK1976 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:46 pm ?

Explain me !

I will translate all into german language ! Its missed on most quest/items

Send me instructions how the translation i can do.

Once before a map opened the creator contacted me and sended me the file that have to be translated.
and now... ???
I'm sure if you are asked to do translating then people will contact you to do so. If you have not been contacted yet there is likely someone else taking care of it.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Syor

Post by Syor »

Ué ue ueeeee
Stop!!!!

Who took away my little, beautiful, cute, secret, rare, infinite trees ????

Noooooo

I had my top secret spot, did some XP and raised skills.

Why were they removed?

Can I at least get the older infinite trees back? Those of us "veterans" that we are used to?

Pliiiiiiiiis
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
justj99

Post by justj99 »

I meant to post some time ago with a little bit of information about the quests that were changed. Below is a short list of the things that were updated in an attempt to make the game better for players. Obviously, there are spoilers below, if you're a "no spoilers please", type.

In no particular order:

- Fix some typos or misspellings. Even though things are reviewed thoroughly, sometimes a misspelling slips through into the game. This includes a few item names that were wrong in quest dialog or quest logs. A number of quests had typos fixed. If you've noticed misspellings or bad translations, please report them as bugs so they can be fixed.

- Add a notification when the forge to get an ancient weapon fails. Previously, a notification on trying a second time. Now there's no ambiguity about whether or not you triggered the forge quest.

- Black Knights' Catacombs quest logs - I added quest logs for all of the Black Knight's Catacombs quests. Previously, you just had to remember what was asked for.

- Upgrade 2k+1 weapon to 2k+2. Previously, you could upgrade a 2k weapon just once, from 2k+0 to 2k+1. The only way to get a 2k+2 weapon was to know in advance to wait until 2k to open a special chest in Ardesia. Many players found out about it too late. Now, you can upgrade once to 2k+1 and once to 2k+2. Both are with the same smith.

- Weapons can be upgraded from 3k+1 to 3k+2 at Fortress Aetor now (repeatable). You can still get a free 3k+2 weapon via the quest on Hobbs Island. However, now you can craft and recolor those weapons until you're happy with the results!

- Blood Palace Quests: Some quests didn't have logs or the NPC only tells you what you need once (SellSword for the doom bats, as an example). Those NPCs will now repeat what is needed. Fixed a bug with entering the "jail" with Racoon too soon, and getting trapped inside.

- Revise some bad language talking about the pirate in Brass Monkey Tavern.

- HGM shortcuts quests had a bug that is fixed.

- HGM Resource doors had a bug in the quests to open them. The platinum door had an issue with not notifying the player the minimum level was 500 to open it.

- Sir Dragonkill did not repeat what you need to craft a 1k weapon. He now reminds players what to bring if they don't have the items to craft a 1k weapon.

- The quests to upgrade 1500 weapons and 350 plate/robe allowed them to be "upgraded" from +2 to +1.

- "Phiso" (on Phiso/Nelmi map) introduced himself in the daily every day. Small change to the daily portion so he doesn't repeat everything, but still gives the daily quest.

- Kraken Island NPC that requires 20 planks and 5 steel ingots to make a boat. Area is very risky for pets, so split items up so a person without extra backpack can carry the items. They can bring a few or many of the items as needed now.

- One "East Cave" chest (under 4.0) displayed the wrong notification before all items are removed.

- NPC that is "starting a shop" at 225.225 (Fortress Aetor) has chat_me vs chat_npc in one of the quests. So, it appeared the player was talking to themselves.

If you have noticed problems with other quests, post them to the bugs section, and hopefully they'll get fixed one day, like these! :)
Leone

Post by Leone »

Fantastic work!

I have to say I am most pleased about the NPC in the Brass Monkey Tavern.

The ability to improve 2 and 3k weapons are a big bonus as well.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

THATS a nice CHANGE-LOG.
That is what we need if an update is available !

Phantastic work and a BIIIIIG thanks for this changes !
DUKE of SK-Clan
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Thank you for the changes/fixes!!!

:lol: I guess I didn't need to buy a 2k+2 club for my ogre! It's only gold!! Hahaha :lol:

Seriously though the change is great for the game and I'm happy players can "do it themselves" and not have to rely on rare or expensive options. I think by 2k you deserve the right to some independence. ;)
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Nicely done.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.